What's new

Odd "Knocker" problem.

AndyB53

Banned
Registered
Hi all. Now have a fully restored Getaway but have a really irritating problem.... I am sure it will be a setting somewhere but I cant find it....

When you insert a coin the Knocker operates fine (meaning the circuit to it is good). However this is the only time it works. Never when replays are awarded or at any other time.
Is there a hidden setting somewhere for this?? Advice appreciated.

Not sure why you sent me this? The coin mechs are fine! The Knocker only sound when coins are inseeted (as it should) but at no other time. It is nit a coin mech issue but thank you anyway.

This line dood:
``
While you're in the pricing adjustments, make sure that 'Coin Meter Units', if it's shown, is 'Off'. If it's anything else, the knocker won't work for replay awards, but may sound when coins are inserted.
``

This line dood:
``
While you're in the pricing adjustments, make sure that 'Coin Meter Units', if it's shown, is 'Off'. If it's anything else, the knocker won't work for replay awards, but may sound when coins are inserted.
``
I see. Thank you I will give it a go

Very Odd?? I have just checked the settings and Coin Meter Units appears in the coin Pricing (A3) menu and is setting A21 according to the manual. Only problem is that the settings go from A19 straight to A22??

The Knocker only sound when coins are inseeted (as it should) but at no other time. It is nit a coin mech issue but thank you anyway.

Williams stopped using the knocker whenever Credits are added quite a while before 1991. It wasn't a bad idea, though.

A.3.21/"Coin Meter Units" is the specific adjustment which causes this problem, and frequent topics being raised about it. It often isn't shown, though AIR I used to get it to display by specifying Custom Pricing/Door values.
Altering the territory jumpers/switches to a usa pattern achieves the same effect (i.e. setting cmu to Off), at the cost of a bookkeeping/adjustment reset.

If this Getaway is a u.k. spec. machine, it would've originally had a coin meter connected to the 2-pin connector in the back box, with the unused knocker looking forlorn up in the corner. The meter wiring fed inside the plastic trunking with the cabinet wiring, and emerged next to the door interface and tilt panel, where the meter pcb was fitted.

Last edited:
Williams stopped using the knocker whenever Credits are added quite a while before 1991. It wasn't a bad idea, though.

A.3.21 is the specific adjustment which causes this problem, and frequent topics being raised about it. It often isn't shown, though AIR I used to get it to display by specifying Custom Pricing/Door values.
Altering the territory jumpers/switches to a usa pattern achieves the same effect (i.e. setting cmu to Off), at the cost of a bookkeeping/adjustment reset.

If this Getaway is a u.k. spec. machine, it would've originally had a coin meter connected to the 2-pin connector in the back box, with the unused knocker looking forlorn up in the corner. The meter wiring fed inside the plastic trunking with the cabinet wiring, and emerged next to the door interface and tilt panel, where the meter pcb was fitted.
Thank you this is a great help.
It is not essential, just annoying. In the "A3" settings, there isnt a setting 21, it jumps from 19 to 23. (and I cannot even find a reference for setting 23!)
I will try this in the morning
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom