What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Null

We have one of Phil's jp pro here and we are really enjoying it. It came after deadpool and after an initial period of learning the rules we now find it more interesting than deadpool. And we really like deadpool too.

Elvira much better game than jp
Can’t say for Elvira gameplay as I did not play it but regarding playfield design there is no contest imho, JP is one of the greatest design ever made. Elvira is just another game with all the stuff in the top of the playfield. Ok it is really nice, Elvira still big boobs 😁 , and the king is on for code, so maybe a fun and great game, but the pf design doesn’t make me want to own it.

Last year I learnt a big lesson on why you should not ride the hype train without playing any potential new purchase.
BM66 got so much love and with Lyman on code what more could you ask for.
so I went balls out and bought a beautiful LE flavoured one with all the mods.
What I got was a clunky game with annoying shots, impossible combos and my little fella refused to play it as he found it almost impossible to get 3 balls locked on any of his games.
I’ve played both Elvira & JP both of which I found fun but when I finally came to a decision I bought BKSOR in LE flavour.
moral of the story is make your own mind up, don’t listen to the hype train or the many people who slag a pin without even playing one in the flesh.
Pins are marmite and each to their own. I’m loving BK and I think it’s a hidden gem that will hold its own in my collection.
I’m not saying I won’t ever own the aforementioned JP or Elvira I just think for my tastes I like things a little less clunky and suit my simple tastes.
As for Lyman he has a brain the size of a planet and just overcomplicates things at times.
And Bowen is a pinball god! Watch him play IMDN then watch me lol. I found this with JP you need some serious wizard skills to hits some of those shots and that bloody jeep just done my tits at times.
my 2 penneth anyhow

Last year I learnt a big lesson on why you should not ride the hype train without playing any potential new purchase.
What I got was a clunky game with annoying shots, impossible combos and my little fella refused to play it as he found it almost impossible to get 3 balls locked on any of his games.
I’ve played both Elvira & JP both of which I found fun but when I finally came to a decision I bought BKSOR in LE flavour.
moral of the story is make your own mind up, don’t listen to the hype train or the many people who slag a pin without even playing one in the flesh.
Pins are marmite and each to their own. I’m loving BK and I think it’s a hidden gem that will hold its own in my collection.
I’m not saying I won’t ever own the aforementioned JP or Elvira I just think for my tastes I like things a little less clunky and suit my simple tastes.
As for Lyman he has a brain the size of a planet and just overcomplicates things at times.
And Bowen is a pinball god! Watch him play IMDN then watch me lol. I found this with JP you need some serious wizard skills to hits some of those shots and that bloody jeep just done my tits at times.
my 2 penneth anyhow
I do not understand. You bought BKSOR without played it or u played it before?
it seems like you bought your B66 based on some reviews...as you did for your BKSOR. you disliked B66 And you like BKSOR.
the only moral I see is to play the game before buying. The hype of a game has no matter there.
just my 2 cents too.

my 2 penneth anyhow

Sage advice this! I recall talking to people about certain games and them being lukewarm or outright negative about them. Only for me to play them and absolutely love them and vice versa. That said I really want a J-Park... !

I do not understand. You bought BKSOR without played it or u played it before?
it seems like you bought your B66 based on some reviews...as you did for your BKSOR. you disliked B66 And you like BKSOR.
the only moral I see is to play the game before buying. The hype of a game has no matter there.
just my 2 cents too.
No I played BK at Tilt and just could shake it out of my mind but it was getting bad reviews at the time and I’ve no idea why. I then played the aforementioned and made my mind up.

I watched BKSOR quite a few times, looked too difficult for me.... but could be wrong, haven't played it.
It could have been an expensive lesson for me....
BM66, I don't find clunky but can see why people may think it is.... Gomez design. I'm pretty good at nailing the shots, wasn't great at 1st but can get in the billions now so that tells me its more about learning the shots :)

Sage advice this! I recall talking to people about certain games and them being lukewarm or outright negative about them. Only for me to play them and absolutely love them and vice versa. That said I really want a J-Park... !
I'd have loved a JP premium ......... but the Mrs said the dinosaur isn't going in the living room!

Pro in my opinion is the best model. Hardly anything else on the prem - 1 more up-post, the helicopter spinner is a switch and a moving T-Rex head. So virtually no difference in game play.
I'd say the biggest difference in gameplay, beyond the cosmetics of the Trex, is the raptor pit, adding the potential for a locking a ball and double scoring during the mb.

If I had the choice I'd probably stick with the Pro, purely because the Trex can be finicky, but I'd miss the raptor pit modification on the Prem.

Either way, both great games.

I'd say the biggest difference in gameplay, beyond the cosmetics of the Trex, is the raptor pit, adding the potential for a locking a ball and double scoring during the mb.

If I had the choice I'd probably stick with the Pro, purely because the Trex can be finicky, but I'd miss the raptor pit modification on the Prem.

Either way, both great games.
Yeah, I did forget about the rapture pit!

my 2 penneth anyhow

I find the same applies with POTC (JJP) and Wonka. The first has so much depth and a difficult game to learn, the second a lot more pleasing and fun packed game. Both great in many different ways.

I think there is no clear way to liking or not a game other than play it as much as you can.

JP2 I played at Pinburgh and in Chicago a huge number of plays and my mind was made up that I wanted one. Game arrives and I play it and play it, and its toughness and I think the lack of decent music puts me off it. With IMDN I was able to find a way to play that that I liked but JP in my view the whole upper half of the play field where the truck is a mess. and I'm fed up of SDTM's when trying to hit the missile shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
nah, like GOTG its a game you need to own as its in comps a lot so I need all the practice I can get :D

Back
Top Bottom