What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New system 11 cabinet

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
Does any one sell these either as kits or complete cabinet in the UK?

Or restore existing one around bristol?

Regards
Russell

Darren Ball (dont know his name on here) basically repairs and re-decals cabs to a lovely quality.
Always does a nice job.

You can get a new cabinet made but this is about £400-500 for the cab without even a lick of paint on it. I also heard that people have ordered cabs that have come with incorrect sizes when they have tried to install the glass in the cabs.

I know nobody around Bristol. But Martin can always pick up and/or deliver for £85.

Darren Ball (dont know his name on here) basically repairs and re-decals cabs to a lovely quality.
Always does a nice job.

You can get a new cabinet made but this is about £400-500 for the cab without even a lick of paint on it. I also heard that people have ordered cabs that have come with incorrect sizes when they have tried to install the glass in the cabs.

I know nobody around Bristol. But Martin can always pick up and/or deliver for £85.

@replicas

Do you guys know where i can get these brand new cabinets from? I was thinking about finding a local cnc shop and asking if they could litreally just make a replica of my current cab.

Darren Ball looks good, just shame not local :(

There was a guy who made cabinets but you had to take him your old cabinet and then he used to rip it apart and make a new one.

I did hear from two different customers that he:
1 - made the backbox the wrong width so the backglass did not fit (he remade this backbox in record time).
2 - the 2nd one I heard about was that the glass for the playfield did not fit - original glass was not wide enough

So in conclusion I would rather not recommend someone who does results like this. His facebook page has not been updated for a good while as well (august 2018).

No matter who you use you will have a bit of a journey on your hands!!! But there is a 'marvelous' thing called the M5 not far from you.... ;)

Thing is about building a cabinet from plans, differences DO exist from games with the same technology. It is also a big job getting the holes all cut in the correct place in a new cabinet, that is why in my opinion I would refurbish.

Also pinball cabs are made with all imperial measurements so if anyone does cnc it make sure they dont round up or down to metric sizes.

It is also MUCH cheaper to re-furbish. A brand new cab will need sanding, grain sealing, I choose to put a layer or two of paint on and then the decalling.

It is VERY easy to throw £1000 into a new cabinet by the time you pay labour, decals and other materials (new siderails etc).... Manny used to charge over £1000 JUST for the cab without decals.

Is your OLD CAB really that bad it needs replacement?

Good advice :) I do indeed
live extreamly close to the m5 and m4 :D

Cabinet is fine apart from lots of dings and dents, it just needs lots of sanding/filling more sanding etc.... then priming / painting then the decals adding.

Iv already started with the filler but haven't got far and can see it taking a very long time at the pace i am able to work on it :(

New cab route does not seem to save much time from what your saying. Maybe I will continue with the restore route :) would be good if i could find a local craftsman to do the sanding/filling and maybe i do the final details :)

Regards
Russell

I think you should just do it yourself Russ!
Re-decalling a cabinet is 95% preparation.
@Matt Adams has a couple of great videos on his youtube channel about doing this - he now favours the dry method whilst I would rather do it wet.... but it is personal choice.

Oh yes when i come to the decals ill deffo be doing the wet method :) i hear its a bit more forgiving plus had good results with the fault line / ramp decals using it :)

Yeah maybe i should stop being lazy and just get on with it.... :)

Regards
Russell

I think you should just do it yourself Russ!
Re-decalling a cabinet is 95% preparation.
@Matt Adams has a couple of great videos on his youtube channel about doing this - he now favours the dry method whilst I would rather do it wet.... but it is personal choice.

Have you got a link to his channel please? :)

Regards
Russell

If you want any advice drop me an e-mail
see pictures Dave the Taxman

Attachments

• DSC02593.JPG
    DSC02593.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC02596.JPG
    DSC02596.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02603.JPG