What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pinball manufacturer for Bally/Williams (in addition to CGC)?

wilbers

Registered
Alias
James Willan

Following on from this post, and some of the comments underneath could it even be Stern that will start remaking Bally/Williams games rather than a smaller upstart? It has some logic to it, new large factory that needs to make something continually and remakes could be used to fill in where they have excess capacity from releasing their own games.

I have heard about someone else making Twilight Zone ages ago.

Also Knapp's started off a rumour about a Big Bang Bar remake that actually never went anywhere.

Wasnt it Raw Thrills that was being touted as doing remakes a while for, possibly for TZ as mentioned.

1) New Remake Stream of Games, both mainstream titles and boutique (multi-year, multi-game)

2) PPS and Pedretti to tightly collaborate on game development to accelerate Time to Market and provide the highest quality product.

3) More parts and assemblies to be available and better access to PPS parts in Europe

New Remake Games coming:

• Pedretti to partner with PPS to develop a series of evolved remake games over a multi-year period.
  • Goal of announcing 1 remake every 12 months
  • Initial Game has been in development thru 2023 for announcement and release in 2024
  • Several more games are in progress now

I wonder what their capacity will be to produce new games at volume? And what will happen to CGC?

Wonder if FunHouse Rudys Nightmare or Whirlwind Total Chaos will get made into actual pins rather than just upgrades. Be nice to see CV or TOTAN re-made. Bit of a strange tie-up though if these are gonna be built in Europe - probably better for us but as the main market is the US, shipping will make these seem expensive over there.

Man I’ve had dealings with them on a TZ topper, had to send it back to Italy HQ and the new improved version they sent back was worse😂

Using the FAST platform as well (actually think this was used in the upgrade kits as well), this seams to being used more and more in production these days over proc.

I wonder what their capacity will be to produce new games at volume? And what will happen to CGC?
"...Goal of announcing 1 remake every 12 months..." in what numbers who knows?

"Pedretti will have access to Blueprints, Artwork, and PPS owned WMS tooling required for the games it will be remaking PPS will utilize its large inventory of in-stock WMS/BLY parts as well as supplier network to work on pre-production game development with Pedretti Games will use Genuine WMS/BLY parts and mechanisms as well as a focus on imperial (standard) fasteners and dimensions."
On the surface anyway it sounds good, fingers crossed for them.

Time you lot unloaded your spider infested, mouldy CV, TAF, CFTBL, FH, TZ to me for cheeps.

I do not know anyone who likes the Pedretti kits to be honest. Most people I know play the original game more with the improved sound etc.

Anyone who licenses will get all the access to what they need. That is what they pay for.

FAST may not be used - as it is costly to build a pinball machine around it. They use FAST and PINSOUND XL which are not cheap boardsets in the re-writes.

Will be cheaper to do a deal with someone like Rottendog (god forbid) and use original hardware or do a new boardset.

CGC set the bar high with MM, MB, AFM etc but the issues of the slow delivery may of lost them the contract. Or the other option is they may of only licensed 4 games.

Who knows.

Sure, see you in 2026 when they finally start making them again.

After the wait on CGC CCR I seriously CBA with waiting on anymore of their games.

CGC are solid games, I'd rather wait a year or two for one of those over worrying over quality issues

Anyone who has been around longer than a couple of years you knows when sinking your hard-earned cash into any pinball it can be a 1 month wait or a couple years wait

Most Stern Premiums are a good 6-8 month post announcement to hit UK soil and their the biggest company

Back
Top Bottom