What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

Dave - my advice put this behind you and move on - easy to say but if you linger in the pit of despair that is the HP saga then no good will come out of it.

Yes, I should reconnect more with the community again after feeling compelled to keep my head down for so long. But I can't pretend that putting on a brave face and forgetting about it is going to be easy, with the emotional damage that's been done and is still ongoing with all the uncertainty and lack of any sense of security. Nor do I have much to go back to, having lost three immediate family members in the time spent in Wales - my father to complications from cancer, my younger brother to suicide and my mother in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's.

Even if I just chalk all the work time down to experience and ignore it, the money I'm otherwise down by compared to if I hadn't bothered must be around three times that of anyone who preordered a game in full. Unless and until this situation can be resolved with the investors - yes, I have a Pinball Bros contract, but Rubberducks is right; it's nothing like as simple as asking for what the HMRC says I'm owed as a minimum figure under Andrew, since they're in as big a quandary as I am - then at present I don't actually have enough money to live on, since I don't have access to income support or the like any more.

...and there's another reason right there why this is going to be difficult to move on from.

There's not going to be a bus big enough for everyone he's going to try and throw under it. But if the word 'aspergers' comes up, and is used as an excuse for any difficulties or disagreements, then I guarantee this won't end well. And by 'well' I mean 'not even more appallingly worse'.

I think Martin interviewing that crook is a bad idea and cannot see it doing any good for anyone, that includes Pinball News.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was moderated on pinside for asking pinball news to ask Andrew if he was freinds with Donald Trump ?

This was weird as my second request was that they let Neil Mcrae on the podcast, which was far more inflammatory :rofl:

I was moderated on pinside for asking pinball news to ask Andrew if he was freinds with Donald Trump ?

This was weird as my second request was that they let Neil Mcrae on the podcast, which was far more inflammatory :rofl:

politics outside of the lounge is an instant moderation. I asked them to moderate as you did upper case the R in McRae LOL.

...and there's another reason right there why this is going to be difficult to move on from.

There's not going to be a bus big enough for everyone he's going to try and throw under it. But if the word 'aspergers' comes up, and is used as an excuse for any difficulties or disagreements, then I guarantee this won't end well. And by 'well' I mean 'not even more appallingly worse'.

I think you need to just draw a line under this and focus on moving onwards and upwards. Nobody is blaming you in any way as far as I can tell. I work in video games and I'd say that a very high percentage of the really outstandingly talented people are on the spectrum. No doubt about it. The failure of this company is due to bad management, plain and simple. My advice to you would be, if you can do the art and design, get learning UE4. Become your own boss.

@Eala Dubh Sidhe - Have you been to citizens advice?

Yes, some time before Andrew left. They got me onto ACAS, but ACAS couldn't do anything since having no earnings, I hadn't paid any National Insurance contributions so there was nothing 'official' they could work with. The only thing they could advise me to do was blow the whistle via BBC News. :/

Yes, some time before Andrew left. They got me onto ACAS, but ACAS couldn't do anything since having no earnings, I hadn't paid any National Insurance contributions so there was nothing 'official' they could work with. The only thing they could advise me to do was blow the whistle via BBC News. :/

WTF?? Are you saying he didn't pay you a salary at all??

Now that is criminal, no wages and no NI.

Well if nothing else, he needed to pay you a pension - otherwise learn not to drop the soap in the shower.

The only way this interview would be fair or even worthwhile is if they had other people who worked at HP in it too, so when the 'it was all someone else's fault' lines come up there is are people in the room who can counter that directly

Just my 2 cents

What an absolute cluster-truck.

Been away for a while so only just got up to speed. I really can't get my head around how someone could behave in such a sh***y way. :-o

Aha Ok - at least you have tried that avenue. it may be worth going again now as the situation has changed. Plenty of places that can help you, if you can seek them out. It's a positive action to take out of what I can imagine is a negative situation.

I think you need to just draw a line under this and focus on moving onwards and upwards. Nobody is blaming you in any way as far as I can tell.

You're not seeing the point. Altogether I've been diddled to the tune of a six-figure sum based on what I was promised to come on board at the very start and help get his show on the road, and like **** am I going to let that slide if, as I expect him to, he uses my Aspergers as a justification, explaining it as he's tried to in the past as a form of 'therapy' by giving me a 'hobby'. He did that with the HMRC the moment they started getting on his case, and immediately got me on the phone to pressure me into backing him up, because 'we' - not himself, he always said 'we' - would get into serious trouble. And NOBODY up and moves to a company being set up in another part of the country for the sake of a 'hobby'.

In this case 'not ending well' means 'forcing me to reveal where the bodies are buried'.

I had someone try something similar with me about 15 years ago. Some guy had an old translation software package he got from somewhere and he wanted a software bod to update it and finish it off for free and reap the rewards of the expected success! He said he needed someone to believe in the vision.

I think that often happens with startups.

No idea what happened to the translation guy.

You're not seeing the point. Altogether I've been diddled to the tune of a six-figure sum based on what I was promised to come on board at the very start and help get his show on the road, and like **** am I going to let that slide if, as I expect him to, he uses my Aspergers as a justification, explaining it as he's tried to in the past as a form of 'therapy' by giving me a 'hobby'. He did that with the HMRC the moment they started getting on his case, and immediately got me on the phone to pressure me into backing him up, because 'we' - not himself, he always said 'we' - would get into serious trouble. And NOBODY up and moves to a company being set up in another part of the country for the sake of a 'hobby'.

In this case 'not ending well' means 'forcing me to reveal where the bodies are buried'.

I do see your point but I think you need to come to terms with the fact that the money is gone. Your chances of getting that money that's already gone is zero unfortunately. HMRC aren't going to be fighting for anything other than what they're owed. They don't care about excuses. At best case scenario you as an employee are absolutely last in the queue of creditors owed money (after the lawyers). I've been through two redundancies. Honestly you won't get any money other than what the government will give you as a bare minimum, which is peanuts. If you're a home owner you're screwed. If you rent they will pay that for you. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom