What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated pinball machine

I keep hearing this about Mando. Didn't seem like it'd appeal to me but there must be something to Mando to keep hearing about it's depth at home.
You have to set it up a bit easier, longer ball save than you would probably find on site or with purests It has a habit of draining pretty quick from launch, which makes it annoying. It's tough to complete, I never managed it. The helmet after some time and with practice you can get it to behave in a sensible way which makes it less pointless. Grogo ball lock is the biggest waste of time and one of the most pointless mechs ever produced

I think you're going to get a long list of games as there's always someone who likes a particular underrated Pin, and if you get a lot of people stating the same Pin then is it really underrated?

I don't mind Marv mate. If something pops up thrice or more and I've not played it I'll have to seek one out.

Pretty much all the Segas.

To the person who suggested Houdini earlier. It’s actually shockingly bad. I had one for six months or so. Had no desire to ever turn it on. Be careful what you wish for. 😀

I love threads like this . I worked it out the other day and since I've joined this mad hobby half the games I've bought I've never played before buying them. And enjoyed them all.
So I'm definitely having a WPT and an Avatar at some point !

Last edited:
Pretty much all the Segas.

To the person who suggested Houdini earlier. It’s actually shockingly bad. I had one for six months or so. Had no desire to ever turn it on. Be careful what you wish for. 😀
That was me 🤭

Had it for 6 months, think the humour in it is quite funny, alao thought the toys where good, for the first month it totally and utterly whipped my ....

I remember playing it the first time at probably my first league meet and got I think 28,000 and thought it's bad. It takes a bit of getting used to, the flippers are very different to a stern, once you get the hang of the precise shots and stacking it has a narcissist one more go about it, you cAn have 15 crud games and then one brilliant one, it also helps a game only lasts a couple of minutes maximum maybe 15 if your really flying. Great for a quick couple of goes. Although it's not a machine I would want to own if I didn't have something else. Had a £20 bet with a group of friends who aren't pinball people that they couldn't get above 100k in score, they didn't 🤣. They much prefered mando and went back to that. That last statement probably sums it up best 😏

Stern Star Wars, I honestly thought I could change people's minds taking one to Pinfest but it wasn't to be, everybody but a small handful of people still hate it :D

Also TZ, didn't it always used to be top 3 on Pinside, how did it slip to 13 :oops:?

Not forgetting other underdogs I've owned and now miss: Batman Dark Knight, Dirty Harry, Johnny Mnemonic, even World Poker Tour I would happily own again if I had more space.

Also TZ, didn't it always used to be top 3 on Pinside, how did it slip to 13 :oops:

How's it underrated if it's 13th on Pinside? That's overrated 😉

It probably slipped because of all the new sterns, still 13th is high for a B/W that isn't one of the holy trinity.

I used to say the Flintstones - a lot have now caught on.
Also No Fear - again - quite a few agree....

I am throwing this in - and to be honest - I do not think more than a dozen people on this forum have played one.

Stern Star Wars HomePin

A real fun game - a friend/customer has one. Out of his machines this is the one I go to.

BK2K with a close 2nd being HS2
It’s impossible for me to have just 1 go on these and actually find it hard to tear myself away from them.

Best part is both are on the lower end budget so can be had at a fraction of some of the overrated stuff driven by Nostalgia and priced hiked way above what the should be worth.

Honourable mentions should go to lots of SYS11s that have came and went over the years.

If this is based on Pinside ratings I’d have to say WPT- the pf art looks like someone’s first attempt at using photoshop and surprisingly enough the bloke who did the backglass art never ventured into pinball again; however the actual game is very good imo. I’ve never felt qualified enough to comment on it despite owning one for 3 years as I’d not played enough other pins until more recently. Some have left me cold and I’d sooner have paid £2k on WPT than £4k on something with a good theme that is absolute cack to shoot (IJ4 springs to mind)

Honourable mentions should go to lots of SYS11s that have came and went over the years.

One that I regret not buying when work pensioned it off was Road Kings; sandwiched (along with a Wez favourite, Grand Lizard) between High Speed and Pin-Bot, and maybe somewhat overshadowed as a result.

Back
Top Bottom