What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ministry of pinball " shockingly bad Taf overlays "

Yeah have sent it signed for cost me over a tenner but no way was I sending without it

I'd somehow missed this.

All I'll say is that in my experience MoP are VERY disorganised ... and by MoP I mean the guy that runs it and does everything. This is also the experience of several people on the continent that I deal with.

Seeing this thread and the one on pinside makes me think it's less lack or organisation and more intentional.

the last thing I would want to do would be to is to put down a pinball company , I was just annoyed that they were trying to tell me that it was my machine that was wrong and not their decals and that no one else had complained..
To their credit MOP always offered to refund me , I was just annoyed with the fact of how bad the decals were and how they advertised them .
Anyway to clear it all up after many and chat with them on Facebook I sent them back today and they issued me a full refund including postage and also said I could keep them , already sent back though.
So that's it case closed and as far as other products from MOP go I have no issue and I love my new HS2 translight .

I've gotten loads of stuff of them and can't say a bad word.
Got an order of them and a full set of rubbers were missing.
He posted them out the next day.
Those decals are pure **** tho
A made a thread like this about decals I got from the pinball center.

S
Can I suggest that regardless of sending them back and getting your money refunded due to the poor quality and not being fit for purpose, that you make a scan of them anyway and then see if someone with printing knowledge/experience can play around with the colours so they match perfectly and then print. (Apparently materials only cost about £1)

Sounds like it's "all's well that beds well" for @Will !:thumbs: So that's good.

Unfortunately, in thus scenario whilst the material cost for an individual set is minimal the practicalities and costs of getting to produce a decent replica mean you'd have to aim to produce lots ( to cover overheads of printing kit, artwork set-up, proofing/testing etc etc) and get the licence to reproduce ( which I would imagine is up obtainable).

I'd love to be able to assist at a sensible rate (and trying to ignore a lot of the overheads above as we've got the kit), but without decent 'vectored' artwork to start and most importantly the legal right to produce it's a bit of a ' non-starter':(

I've also had quite a bit of stuff from them, no major issues although recently I received someone else's order and it took a few emails to get thtough to them. Judging by the comments here and on Pinside it seems there are a lot of packing errors so I guess they have a lot of email complaints to deal with. Sounds like if it is just Bertjan running the show on his own he needs to hire some help!
(Although to be fair Bert also told me I could keep the extra stuff or send it back so I sent it back and asked for free shipping on my next order, which I did get).

As for the TAF decals, yes they look **** to me too. Although MOP shouldn't be standing behind a crap product, if it's Arcade Classics that's making them then you ought to post them comparison pics on Pinside, bring some bad publicity their way, can't imagine anyone would think that they look good.

The **** up over Decals pales into insignificance if you read the MOP/MMr debacle. No machines, huge price hikes due to changing exchange rates. Sounds like an utter nightmare.

I've only dealt with them once and things went OK. Glad you got this sorted Will

Back
Top Bottom