What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ministry of pinball " shockingly bad Taf overlays "

D

Deleted member 181

13036530_10156807077110641_1690949163_o.jpg 13054942_10156807076960641_1761662942_o.jpg 13073001_10156807076805641_2030319847_o.jpg

Check these bad boys out.. I wanted a a cloud overlay as my Taf that is currently undergoing a refurb by @Matt Adams had a bit of magnet burn , also was a bit of insert damage on the 8 million this was ok but though oh well as I am covering up the slight magnet burn i might as well do the mansion as well.
So after looking about MOP advertise these as " the best you can get " and official etc etc etc, so these turn up and matt tells me the colours are a bit off , i went over and " holy moly " look at this the orange is like a runny poo colour the green is washed out and the green from the mansion does not match the green on the cloud as there is the top of the mansion on there as well
So I contact them and to their credit they did say send them back, but that involves all the hassle and also have lost out on the shipping etc, but then they start to say that its possibly my taf thats its a later or earlier PF run , well i compared the decals to three different taf PF's so am I being over anal or picky????? its well off isnt it???
Also communication has ceased now with Ministry or pinball and also I asked them ti check their stick and all if the decals are the same and no one has ever complained before ???!?? WTF???!!!
is it me ???

cheers
will

Will

I feel your pain (normally after we've sent an order out to a customer and had a call back to say the colours aren't as they expected...).

Looking at your comments and pictures though (& having had a look at the images on the MOP website) my thoughts would be:

1) no you're not being anal or picky - what you've been sent is not a great match to the original. There will always be discrepancies between screen print and digital print (as these will be), but what you've got seems to suggest they've just got it wrong!

2) the line elements of the artwork all seem correct (I assume size isn't too bad?) so it's really about the colours printed;

3) I can understand why the orange might be off/muddy (or even 'poo' )as printing vibrant oranges and yellows with full colour digital printers is difficult when using CMYK (ad most printers are). Our latest printer at work is actually 8 colour (adding Light Cyan,light Magenta, light orange and even light black!). This allows us to print both with both much greater subtlety & vibrancy when needed -especially oranges & yellows. I suspect there printer doesn't have that capacity (most don't!).

4) the green of the Addams family text is just wrong - that seems to be an artwork/file error. Looking at their website, that is the image shown though (have they just changed it?). I suspect it's been run out by a sub-contract printer who had no reference point & no knowledge of the correct spec - even if MOP have said to them they've got it wrong they might not have given them the right info, so MOP are kept with the duff prints to sell. I'd have little sympathy with them though as the decals are meant to be officially licensed and they claim they are the 'best you can get'.

No idea of the licensing costs for each set (probably not cheap to be fair), but the actual material cost of printing each of these sets (ignoring the printer, labour, overheads etc) is probably less than £1(or even 1 euro). You might want to go back and given them a much harder time!

I bet they are the classic arcade ones, which are licensed but crap

I'd make you right on that - the image on the Classic Arcade website appears to have the same lime green instead of dark green to the centre of the text!

The Classic Arcade image also claims to be PMS matched (which stands for Pantobne Matching System -the international reference for printers) - they might have PMS matched it to something, but it's not the original colours!:confused::hmm::tut:

Last edited:
Well glad it's not just me :)

The real kicker and if I can find the pictures again or @Matt Adams if you have them... Is the green on the roof of the cloud overlay is a totally different green to the roof of the mansion overly, so you would have to cut one of them off, it's still annoying me that they are advertising those as the best you can get , I told them this as well.... Still radio silence from them over how I return the decals .. Wouldn't mind but it's not far off €100 for something I could have printed at home ... Not happy

You are not being picky, the overlay is sub-standard

As said above, I doubt that there is an addams out there sporting these colours

These are the pictures I originally sent Will, the match on the green on the mansion roof is shocking until you notice the walls!! :eek:

20160411_180005.jpg 20160411_175959.jpg

Hahaha oh yeah the purple walls of crapness :)

Still no reply for ministry of pinball... Gonna take my battle to Facebook if no reply today , gonna plaster it over the southcoastslam Facebook page and tag the buggers into that ... So angry

Just got a shipping address sent to me nothing else... Asked again how to send. Never opened a dispute with pay pal before well apart from the predator fiasco, but can I just say they are utter turd and get my cash back through PayPal ??? It's confusing me as it was a large order with other items that were fine.

Why not just phone them, they can't ignore their phone and not many companies will hang up on a customer: 0031 70 743 95 54.

You will have like 180 days to log a claim in paypal, and you can ask for a partial refund on an order. you will 100% get your money back so i wouldnt worry about that. paypal nearly always sides with the buyer in disputes.

Can I suggest that regardless of sending them back and getting your money refunded due to the poor quality and not being fit for purpose, that you make a scan of them anyway and then see if someone with printing knowledge/experience can play around with the colours so they match perfectly and then print. (Apparently materials only cost about £1)

If you scanned both decals n a high resolution (@Nickbs could possibly advise the right resolution for professional printers) then I could match the green Addams Family text to the green on the roof tiles in photoshop. Obviously just for the fun of doing it...

That's probably a good idea as like you say I couldn't be hard to get ghe right colour match I honestly think I could have printed better on my home inkjet printer they are so bad.... Good to know about the pay pal thing as they have now ignored my second enail will give one more then file a dispute...

Last edited by a moderator:
They have agreed to cover the cost of shipping although still stand by that it's " me " that doesn't like the colours!!! Why can't they see they are ****???

"I don't know about the free shipping. I could be that some countries are excluded from this deal? Let's be very honest William, it's not that we sent you a product that isn't working or is a misprint. It's just that you don't like the color difference. Like I mentioned before these are the best you can get and approved. Just send them back in a standard envelope and we will refund you the post stamp. No probelm."

warning signs are going off in my head seeing that, " Just send them back in a standard envelope and we will refund you the post stamp". Do not do that. send it back, WITH TRACKING. if you send it back in a standard envelope they can just say that it never arrived and you cannot prove that it did. make sure you get it tracked so you have proof you sent it back if you need to open a ticket in paypal

Back
Top Bottom