What's new

Sold Medieval Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan

Site Supporter
Well that lasted all of 4 weeks!

Bought this off Matt last month to play whilst awaiting my house to sell..... And now it's sold!

All I've done is give the legs a scrub so they are nice and shiny and play lots of games on it.

Comes with full pf LEDs , Colour DMD,leg protectors., castle protector kit and Merlin hole protector.

Cabinet is in good nick apart from some flipper button wear and the usual scrapes to the back where it's been transported. Playfield is on good condition imo, some very minor wear near the flippers. Plastics and ramps all good. The lines around the castles on the pf are Mylar

Looking for what I paid, £5250

Discounting the colour DMD that's an original non battered MM for £4950 ish.:)

If I get no interest I'll put on eBay at the weekend

Thanks

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_Mobile_20Uploads_2c93d44d04bb6b4b5d7d723532794d813.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_Mobile_20Uploads_2f37b317a09ea565a8f0a04f70218086a.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_Mobile_20Uploads_2f97efd1cc2f04c3767dcb485ef32ecef.jpg

Dammit. Want it. Want it baaaaaad. Lol. Sadly, I have only shirt buttons to trade. :)

Did you get rid of WoZ then too?

Yes mate, sold Woz to another group member in preparation for the house move. MM was a stopgap. Love it! I'm back looking at machines in the £100s now :(

Hope it all goes well for you fella. The stress of a house move is ball ache for sure.

Now I will spend my working day thinking of things to sell.

Are you up for part trades?

Not really buddy, I need cash, cash, cash and will then buy something cheap once I'm settled in. I'm going to view a huuuge house tonight that we can't really afford, but if I fall in love with it I'll have to sell my bike too! That's a last resort though

Poibugs old machine. Well worth the money.
Good luck with the sale, not that you'll need it.

This was my very 1st MM, ah the memories - it was 2250 in September 2005 and needed a reasonable amount of work. I sold it in May 2006, not because I wanted rid - but because the new remakes were coming out and even though they were expensive @ $5k (it was going to work out at around £3.5k - which was horrendous for a pinball machine!) it was worth it because the machine was so awesome. I sold my MM for 2200 to poibug, which was a reasonable loss as I'd spent over £300 on it - but it didn't matter as it was probably going to take a big hit when the new one came out.

Sometimes, being wrong is quite costly :p

This is a sweet playing MM, it's by no means perfect but it's a nice original and filled with many happy memories :)

1st??? LMFAO...

Still trying to work on getting just one, but it would be a cold day in hell when I sell Tron to fund it. :)

I'm in no hurry. The asking price is reasonable so no fancy to run an auction

It now includes brand new glass in the game btw

I'll look after it for a while if you like?

I must warn you though I would probably dry hump it into the middle of next week!

Haha. I'm sad I haven't had it long tbh. I've been after one for 6 years!

Some novus on the playfield and some new glass has it looking in pretty good nick now :)

I can just imagine the amount of messages you are now going to have to deal with. I doubt it will hang about too long.

Hopefully!

I can understand people wanting a brand new mmr and that may put them off this, but that huge led board under the pf would concern me. Once the bulbs blow you have to remove the entire board and send it off for repair!?

I would think someone really into pinball would want an original over a remake, but that just my own take on it.

Is it more reliable? JJP have found that isn't always the case.

Old technology = kinks all worked out

Good luck selling it, I fear it may struggle unless someone doesn't know about the remakes.

Good luck selling it, I fear it may struggle unless someone doesn't know about the remakes.

i still think the originals are gonna stay more sought after, but am interested to see the opinions on the matter here in Jonathan's thread. though, since this is a hot topic, if he wants anything i write to be edited out, i'm happy with that too (just ask).

my take on the MMR is that the new boards, with lead-free solder and surface-mounted parts, and all attached next to a big old vibrating playfield with its jolts and its black dust ...... are gonna start to go wrong in a couple of years, while the orginals are still going.

i don't know where the market is for original MMs, before the remake they were somewhere in the 6K area, but now it's anyone's guess. anywhere from 4 up i suppose, depending on condition.

Apologies to Jon if I'm ****ing on his thread but I think the whole "old" vs "new" is a bit of a red herring at the moment. There will always be more interest in the original BUT (and it's a big butt - snigger) that's if you are comparing like with like. Same price, same quality - original anyday of the week for me. Knackered playfield vs brand new machine then I'd go for the new one.

Think it'll be interesting in a couple of years when the remakes start to be sold on. I'm anticipating a big drop in value if I decided to move my remake on. The stern situation will be similar. I know Stan picked up an IM but was this because the original owner opted to upgrade to a "vault" edition?

Anyway good luck with the sale, and the house move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom