What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machine prices

Pod says a $3k discount being applied so it's $10k for NIB Stern Foo Fighters LE ?

Advertised at £16.5k at Liberty Games. £16.5k at HLD.

Unless Electrocoin discount the prices this is not relevant in the UK.

But an interesting
It is relevant because people are losing big money buying nib here as they are there , $3k loss on LE there £3/4K loss on LE here.. you sell for more here because of the extra middle man but the large hit on nib is still there, which his podcast is all about . And he’s right jaws won’t save anything, I reckon at current nib prices they’ll be half the sales in uk that you would of seen for an elwin game previously

Reactions: JT.
Whenever you buy anything new, there will nearly always be a loss when the time comes to sell up. Yes there are exceptions for certain items made by certain manufacturers that dont ( like limited availability & desirable models of watches, or cars) but that isn't the case with ALL watches or cars.

Whenever you buy anything new, there will nearly always be a loss when the time comes to sell up. Yes there are exceptions for certain items made by certain manufacturers that dont ( like limited availability & desirable models of watches, or cars) but that isn't the case with ALL watches or cars.
The problem is, for many years - and especially the last 3/4 years - the mantra was always 'you won't lose money on a machine', 'they're an investment', etc. and people believed it and bought.

It's why there seems to be such a focus recently on number of plays, tiny little scratches on lockdown bars or back of backbox, people are trying to make sure they protect their 'investment' rather than buying machines to play them. I find it remarkable that machines are selling with less than 100 plays after being owned for over a year, I put 100 games on a machine in the first month of owning, without even trying.

For a while this was true with the prices rising constantly. The bubble has definitely burst

Considering the vast amount of NIB sales are known about on this site, it amazes me that there isn't a group buy action on new releases. Going to a retailer with a request to quote for a bulk purchase buy on a title is the way forward.

If there's no discount don't make the sale. Walk away.
You lot need to get organised rather than moaning. :popcorn:

Considering the vast amount of NIB sales are known about on this site, it amazes me that there isn't a group buy action on new releases. Going to a retailer with a request to quote for a bulk purchase buy on a title is the way forward.

If there's no discount don't make the sale. Walk away.
You lot need to get organised rather than moaning. :popcorn:

Ahhhh so it's you and your villagers that I've heard about going to the local tesco and bulk buying 70 loaves of bread at an amazing price.

Interesting deal on Pro's from Phil

£8,000

vs

£8,095

I've never paid over £7,500 for a Premium, let alone a Pro, and both times it made me feel dirty... Admittedly they were lightly used machines, not NIB, but I'm really struggling to grasp the value of Pro's at 8k, let alone Premiums at £11.5k. I could be in for a very long wait until games fall back down to prices I'm more comfortable with (not happy, just more comfortable), but I absolutely do expect them to fall a bit over the next year 2.

Paid £9250 for my NIB LE think it was the last but one.
An absolute thing of beauty and an IP to die for.

Interesting deal on Pro's from Phil

£8,000

vs

£8,095

I've never paid over £7,500 for a Premium, let alone a Pro, and both times it made me feel dirty... Admittedly they were lightly used machines, not NIB, but I'm really struggling to grasp the value of Pro's at 8k, let alone Premiums at £11.5k. I could be in for a very long wait until games fall back down to prices I'm more comfortable with (not happy, just more comfortable), but I absolutely do expect them to fall a bit over the next year 2.
Think the best we will see is any new NIB releases may have no price hike.
Then Pinside will be singing the praises of the manufacturers for being so awesone

$10k LE's in America is about 11k over here when you shipped and paid the VAT (using today exchange rate)

I have no problem losing cash on my machines if the baseline comes down overall

Anyone buying in the last 2 odd years knew that their machines would greatly devalue if and when the crap exchange rate improves. That will ultimately lower prices across the board for 2nd games in the UK

November 2018

View attachment 237108

Deadpool in the US 2018,

Pro Model: $US 5,999
Premium Model: $US 7,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 8,999
Exchange rate in Nov 2018 approx 1.27 - 1:28
Exchange rate now - 1.23

Based upon that Stern Greed Tax + Shipping must have gone up to the value of £1600 on a Pro.

Did the price of £/$ not crash between that period though so thats why prices here went nuts? They've just not calmed down again yet, but I assume they will now come down, which Phil is doing with his recent offers to us lot. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope for CCr at 2022 prices!

Did the price of £/$ not crash between that period though so thats why prices here went nuts? They've just not calmed down again yet, but I assume they will now come down, which Phil is doing with his recent offers to us lot. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope for CCr at 2022 prices!
Yeah around Aug '22 to Dec '22. Recovered to the 1.2x mark.

Almost everything went up big time during lockdown and Pinball is no exception.
The problem is almost nothing went back down when it returned to normal.

My material costs doubled worsened by the fact the demand of plastic shop screens and those full face welding looking masks COVID created.

My material cost never went back to where it was and neither has pinball.

A lot of my mates used the expression “it’s a licence to print money” and basically it was and still is sadly.

My material costs doubled worsened by the fact the demand of plastic shop screens and those full face welding looking masks COVID created.

A lot of my mates used the expression “it’s a licence to print money” and basically it was and still is sadly.
Start a new trend Col.....pinball signs at Black Friday prices :p (jokes aside, pm me your bank nonsense)

Aye and I think it'll hurt some companies going forward, by all accounts Stern can't move stock.

Companies like Apple kept their pricing the same over COVID... The iPhone Pro Max 11 was $1099 in 2019 and it's only just been increased its price in 2023 to $1199 for the iPhone Pro Max 15

Aye and I think it'll hurt some companies going forward, by all accounts Stern can't move stock.

Companies like Apple kept their pricing the same over COVID... The iPhone Pro Max 11 was $1099 in 2019 and it's only just been increased its price in 2023 to $1199 for the iPhone Pro Max 15
Many companies involved in industries outside of pinball invested heavily in parts and materials stocks during covid as a mechanism to avoid rising costs and availability. Unfortunately this has left them with vast amounts of inventory sat around waiting to be used.

The downturn in the global economy compounded this issue as the stock values are plummeting against the capital they borrowed to secure the parts in the first place.

This can only lead to companies having to offload at cheaper prices to see some return to pay the loans, it's a downward spiral and will ultimately lead to bankruptcy for some. They had it good for a few years, hiked up the prices and milked the rewards, now it's time for them to feel some pain.

The savvy buyer will sit back and watch it unfold next year as they panic to secure revenue.

Some interesting youtube videos on car prices at the moment. Cars, classic cars, watches, pinball machines etc all rose on the rising tide.

This one covers Porsche prices. I have never owned one, have no dog in the fight. It shows how Porsche shifted towards premium models with extra bells and whistles. Buyers chased exclusivity and marginal performance gains. The premium models were actually more common than the regular cars !! Prices are falling fast.

I’ve watched his stuff. Yeah, it the cost of replacing faulty batteries when the warranty runs out. As the cars get older it’s being factored into the used values. Insurance claims won’t be helping..

Back
Top Bottom