What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED OCD. What is it ? What does it do ? Do I need one ?

I've got them in most of my machines, make quite a difference (LOTR massively) but then I am a little OCD...

It’s this one for Bally/Williams WPC inserts:

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

Your link was for General Illumination, which is much less of a problem, especially in MM. Far more subtle and much more OCD required for that.

There isn’t anything for LED flashers.

Herg won’t ship to the UK. Comet will do it on your behalf though, for +$10. EU resellers are very pricy. Or find your own method!

@stoptap

I've put LED's in my MM. The colours are wonderfully vivid but they flash so bright and quick, it's almost like a nightclub strobe light.

I wondered if you could confirm if this is the board I need?

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?ma...oducts_id=24&zenid=92miabcf942i9vd30nr6u0aur6
Like @Monkeyboypaul said, you need a board for the inserts. It will however do EXACTLY what you want it to do. The difference is remarkable. Cameras never show LEDs in a true light so videos are not always a true reflection.
Aren’t you near me Marcel ? If you are ever near Leeds, pop in and I will show a game with and without the LED OCD board doing its magic.

Like @Monkeyboypaul said, you need a board for the inserts. It will however do EXACTLY what you want it to do. The difference is remarkable. Cameras never show LEDs in a true light so videos are not always a true reflection.
Aren’t you near me Marcel ? If you are ever near Leeds, pop in and I will show a game with and without the LED OCD board doing its magic.
Hi mate, yeah I'm not so far away from Leeds, might give you a shout if I get chance one afternoon. So is it that WPC95 version then and is that the only part I need?

Bloody hell, I just noticed they're not shipping to UK. So it's £60 more expensive in UK. Bummer! I was considering the LOTR too but not at £320+ shipping for a pair. I need to figure a way around the import taxes and shipping restrictions.

Wait a minute, what's the difference between Inserts & General Illumination? Are there more than one type of OCD board available?

ps When you say there isn't anything for flashers, do you mean the big 906 bulbs?
(i didn't LED them anyhow)

Hi mate, yeah I'm not so far away from Leeds, might give you a shout if I get chance one afternoon. So is it that WPC95 version then and is that the only part I need?

Bloody hell, I just noticed they're not shipping to UK. So it's £60 more expensive in UK. Bummer! I was considering the LOTR too but not at £320+ shipping for a pair. I need to figure a way around the import taxes and shipping restrictions.

Yes you need the one in the link that @Monkeyboypaul posted. That is all you need. Comes with all cables and hardware you need to use it.

The price for us in the UK is really annoying. I bought 4 when I was in the US for my holiday in August.

You need to sweet talk @Neil McRae to bring you one or two over when he has one of his frequent jaunts over the pond.

Let me know by PM anytime you want to come round. I get home from work around 3pm. :thumbs:

Wait a minute, what's the difference between Inserts & General Illumination? Are there more than one type of OCD board available?

ps When you say there isn't anything for flashers, do you mean the big 906 bulbs?
(i didn't LED them anyhow)
The GI is the illumination around the game. Mostly the bulbs under the playfield plastics.
The inserts are the lights under the playfield that shine through the coloured lens. You need the inserts one. The GI board isn’t really necessary.

Looks like Comet is the way forward if ordering them. I have a distant uncle in USA, I wonder if it could be sent from them to him as a workaround of import taxes. 50/50 chance I guess.

Back
Top Bottom