What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Bulbs

Depends what you want to spend and if you're willing to ship in from the US. Comet and CoinTaker do great kits but be prepared to pay import and shipping fees unless you can get in on a group buy. Pinball-LED does really top notch kits and bulbs too, supplied by @alchy - there is also a discount code for forum members and UK based so no nasty fees!

Bought a TAF kit 5 years ago for £120, since then led prices have plummeted, why so expensive now?

I like to use Comet where possible. They are expensive but really make a difference.

I recall the good old days when buying from the USA wasn't so expensive. Dollar rate, customs and shipping are a pain.

I like to use Comet where possible. They are expensive but really make a difference.

I recall the good old days when buying from the USA wasn't so expensive. Dollar rate, customs and shipping are a pain.
Thanks Spadge, importing from USA would seem.expensive without import charges n shipping. Might have to get UK gear.

This is my before and after photo, previously it had mainly incandescent bulbs but with some LED's.

I ordered frosted LED bulbs from PH with minimal but strategic colours & warm whites.

Previously Wham, Bam, Slam was blue but original colour should be white so I reverted to original colour in warm white.

Previously, the 6 x challenges leading to castle gate were a bluey green with one blue LED. Updated them all to new blue bulbs.

Previously 3 x Lock balls had incandescent bulbs and gave a pasty green. New green LED's have given it more umph.

Also I used 8 x Reds for the Jackpots and castle gate triangle plus magic shield , these are now all glowing a lovely red.

For the majority of the playfield though, where there are oranges, whites and yellows, I've used a neutral warm white bulb. I felt it could become too much to faff trying to match colours to so many insert colours.

This warm white tactic was definently for the best.

I know many of you dislike LED's but for me it really livens some dull colours. Of course, it's a fully reversible process too.

Does this lover the bulb changing regularity, I hope so. Some were blooming awkward to reach.
Does this lower the strain on the circuitry, hopefully.

Unfortunately I forgot to order 5 x small bc bulbs for shoot again and FIRE. If anybody has sim spare frosted reds, if be happy to buy them.
I just can't warrant shipping costs off PH for such a small order.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171027_d3c02d5e4d5e1decc6d8a0ae642a2a59.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171027_aca0038a7d93e076a5acce73d7a2234a.jpg

Oh and previously somebody also put an non matching colour in King of Payne. That's better in line with the other 5.

Depends what you want to spend and if you're willing to ship in from the US. Comet and CoinTaker do great kits but be prepared to pay import and shipping fees unless you can get in on a group buy. Pinball-LED does really top notch kits and bulbs too, supplied by @alchy - there is also a discount code for forum members and UK based so no nasty fees!
Nice one, going to kit my EM out whi led's.... Discount code please.. :clap:

I suspect you need a ROM update - @Paul should be able to help out with that...
I am currently on ROM 1.0, I have never done a ROM update but I saw on IPDB there was a v1.09 but it says for home use. I wouldn't want to rule out ever taking coins as I think it would be nice to place it in the right bar one day.

The rom update moonraker is talking about is a patch that make the led flicker a lot less it's not a recognised revision number and I believe it can be applied to any revision of the rom (within reason)

Back
Top Bottom