What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Labyrinth, from Barrels of fun!

Cosmetics are generally the only difference between a Prem and an LE, and sometimes an added shaker motor.
Yes. I think they tend to have a mirrored back-glass, as well (?)

Both my JP2 and GZ are Prems because I fancied doing my own powder coating, and didn't gain anything on mechs, etc.

Yes. I think they tend to have a mirrored back-glass, as well (?)

Both my JP2 and GZ are Prems because I fancied doing my own powder coating, and didn't gain anything on mechs, etc.

Checked the feature Matrix for Venom and the only differences are cosmetics and a shaker motor, and for that in the US prices you are paying 43% on top of the Premium Price for the LE.

That orb collection shot under the upper flipper is an interesting one - has that ever been done before?

That really well implemented with the film elements, based upon watching the vid, skipped some of it.

It shoots well, reminds me of WPC95 era games. The code needs a lot of work, especially in terms of the back LCD, which seemed to mostly be showing letter completions and awards. This should go on the top screen? That back screen should be atmospheric. Hard to tell about the main music also, which didn't sounds right to me. Bowen having a cold didn't help!

It shoots well, reminds me of WPC95 era games. The code needs a lot of work, especially in terms of the back LCD, which seemed to mostly be showing letter completions and awards. This should go on the top screen? That back screen should be atmospheric. Hard to tell about the main music also, which didn't sounds right to me. Bowen having a cold didn't help!
I didn’t notice the back screen but, yes, it’s mostly just showing the word LABYRINTH. I couldn’t hear the music, even with the volume turned right up.

Also, the under-flipper orb worm shot in the first few minutes looked really hard to make (not watched the whole video yet). As it’s critical to the game, weird geometry to that shot could hamper the game (as with the SIM card shot on Dialed In).

I’ve finished the video. I agree with some of the Pinside commentary. It’s beautifully executed, but - once I studied it closely - none of the moving parts (bar for a drop-down target) seem to interact with the ball. Superficially, the flow is like Foo Fighters, but two of the main shots deliver straight to the flippers, and the sense of ‘motion’ looks to be caused by the curve of the wireforms and not the player.

The lack of interaction doesn’t bother me that much. WH20 and Foo are great pins without it. I’m slightly concerned that the ‘delivery to flippers’ layout wouldn’t remain super-exciting to me, personally.

Excellent pin though, especially from a new company. Hope I’ll get to play one.

The lack of interaction doesn’t bother me that much. WH20 and Foo are great pins without it.

Bigfoot literally pushes the ball into the whirlpool with a log whilst turning to laugh at you 😃

I must say my first impression was …it looks pretty but a bit underwhelming. The music was dreadful , a real nothing snooze fest tinkling away. That must be place holder music surely ? Was almost nodding off.

Reactions: PAX
Bigfoot literally pushes the ball into the whirlpool with a log whilst turning to laugh at you 😃

I must say my first impression was …it looks pretty but a bit underwhelming. The music was dreadful , a real nothing snooze fest tinkling away. That must be place holder music surely ? Was almost nodding off.
No it's the music from the film, plays pretty regularly in the film

Agreed. This needs to be changed with 80s synthwave immediately. Like the start of the trailer.

Agree music and theme stuck pretty closely to film. Magic dance multi ball was cool. I think seeing Bowie on a pinball machine. How they got all this IP is pretty amazing!

I thought Bigfoot’s head just spun around randomly while the ball went down a chute/whirlpool? I say this as someone who has played different WH20 in several locations (although, I admit, not a huge amount and I’ve never owned it).

As per others, music is from the film and is a dream if you like the film. Heck, the whole thing is a dream if you like the film. Never did I expect to see the day when there’d be a whole new pin featuring a theme I was actually interested in (rather than a pin based on some band everyone on here raves about but I’ve barely/never heard of) 🤷‍♂️ Thing is, I’m not entirely sure how great the gameplay is compared with the latest and greatest Elwins, and tried & tested titles from the B/W era, and the only pin I’ve bought without playing (a lot) first is no longer here.

They should have got someone to stream it that knew what they were doing, very hard to see whats going on the quality is terrible both audio and video. Plus the free advert for Godzilla in the background the whole time.

Typically three flipper layout similar to foo fighters as I noted above, music and sound is terrible, especially the Bowie songs (and I'm a Bowie fan, lets say this wasn't his best era, if only they'd done a Bowie pin, Lets Dance Multi-ball would simply be amazing).

And the good old LCD problem, easy to put screens in to games, hard to make the screens look interesting and interactive. Zoom in on the screen and just watch that whilst the video plays and Liverpool playing Everton Is more interesting.

The playfield interaction falls short of what the trailer showed which is a great shame. And it seems heavy on stop start, it’s like the ball is stuck in an untouchable prison rather than a world under glass.

The Rules look fun but I don’t see anything unique or compelling about this game compared to say Pulp Fiction.

for a first game not bad but not something that says I want to sell my MM and buy this.

Last edited:
That music ...
Gonna be people falling asleep waiting for their turn , should come with a Horlicks mug holder 😂

I’ve got to say, I actually like playing pins with mellower music - it means I can concentrate on the gameplay. I *love* The Beatles pin - a real dream to play.
for a first game not bad but not something that says I want to sell my MM and buy this.

Yes, this is it, isn’t it? I’ve got GZ, JP2, TNA CE and AFM over here. So, given the cost/space of Labyrinth, do I really want to sell one of those to make room?

I’ve got to say, I actually like playing pins with mellower music - it means I can concentrate on the gameplay. I *love* The Beatles pin - a real dream to play.

Yes, this is it, isn’t it? I’ve got GZ, JP2, TNA CE and AFM over here. So, given the cost/space of Labyrinth, do I really want to sell one of those to make room?
Yep get shot of JP2 and GZ
Take it that TNA is the new expensive one ? I loved TNA when I had it and loved the idea that spooky priced it where they did it kinda made it the cool little novelty pin that it is , think mine was £5300 seemed a lot at the time lol
Great game but to me not at the new price point.
Beetles is the beetles it's not particularly mellow but yep it's not like guns and roses that music in labyrinth again personally sounds like a lullaby .
Get shot of JP2 stern keep Churning those out get another one if ya miss it
Simple's

Back
Top Bottom