What's new

Wanted JJP GnR

Could be worse. Nearly €13,000 in Europe.

Must have got mine in the day it went up March can’t come quick enough !

Was thinking about putting a deposit on on one of these a few weeks ago and at that point they were £10,500 but i put it off until now.

Now the game has went to £11,000....some crazy price rises of late (IS IT JUSTIFIED OR GREED) ...$500 for the USA and £500 for the UK..

Rich mans hobby these days. :(

don’t know about pinball heaven but stern have told distributors in USA that the price has gone up EVEN for people that have paid in full but are still waiting on delivery …

don’t know about pinball heaven but stern have told distributors in USA that the price has gone up EVEN for people that have paid in full but are still waiting on delivery …
Too many rich people around with a lot of disposable income, unfortunately i'm not one of them...people need to stop paying these crazy prices or it's just gonna go higher and higher.

Prices are mental. No wonder the second hand prices are all rising a prem Sterns knocking on £10k now.

Makes the GNR look value for money in comparison

This is gonna come crashing down at some stage.
Ridiculous.
The guys across the pond are on another planet.

Yeah, Godzilla will be my last Stern NIB unfortunately. One more increase is me priced out.

Fortunately there appears to be some other companies producing good machines and there are so many older games to enjoy too. The CGC stuff looks much better value currently.

Swapping and loaning machines is the way forward for those on a tight budget.

I do feel for anyone trying to get into the hobby and buy their first game though. It's ridiculously expensive even for an average 30 year old title.

There is only one way to guarantee a price drop if we all stop buying new pins and demand drops.
None of these things is going to happen anytime soon when there is so much disposable income and the hobby is exploding at an exponential rate it seems.

We all need a reality check me included as they are in reality just expensive toys.

Now what was the next hype train again? I need to get on that platform as GZ will soon be so last year. 😂

Reached out to Phil on the thinking that the March/April stock had already been allocated, i had actually spoke to him a few weeks ago and asked if i could pay the deposit and wait until the next batch came in after the March batch, which i was hoping would be near the end of 2022 (i mentioned 1 year to him because of demand) thus giving me time to gather the rest of the ££ as not everyone has another £9.5k just sitting around...he initially said yes, but today is saying no...oh to be rich must be a wonderful thing, maybe i will be lucky and bag a used one at the end of 2022 or 2023 :(

Yeah, Godzilla will be my last Stern NIB unfortunately. One more increase is me priced out.

Fortunately there appears to be some other companies producing good machines and there are so many older games to enjoy too. The CGC stuff looks much better value currently.

Swapping and loaning machines is the way forward for those on a tight budget.

I do feel for anyone trying to get into the hobby and buy their first game though. It's ridiculously expensive even for an average 30 year old title.
I’ve been saving for ages now for my first pin, but I recently decided I’m not going to buy one. My reason being I can only afford one ( although I have space for 3), and I know full well what I’m like, and one would not be enough. So instead I’ve bought a top end pin sim vr, virtual reality pinball simulator using vpx. That way I have the choice of 250 pinball machines to play. And I can visit flip out or electric circus, and pinball offfice, to get my real pinball fix.
Current prices are out of reach for many people, 10k for a stern premium ! I’ve never even paid that for a car 🤣🤣

I’ve been saving for ages now for my first pin, but I recently decided I’m not going to buy one. My reason being I can only afford one ( although I have space for 3), and I know full well what I’m like, and one would not be enough. So instead I’ve bought a top end pin sim vr, virtual reality pinball simulator using vpx. That way I have the choice of 250 pinball machines to play. And I can visit flip out or electric circus, and pinball offfice, to get my real pinball fix.
Current prices are out of reach for many people, 10k for a stern premium ! I’ve never even paid that for a car 🤣🤣
Yeah one is never enough, when I used to tell my friends that I paid £5k for my AC/DC Premium Pin they said I was bonkers and to be honest I felt guilty about spending that kind of money on what can only be described as an expensive toy, now NIB premiums are demanding £10k…the world has definitely gone mad :cuckoo:

If I do manage to pick up a JJP GnR then one thing I will definitely not be doing is telling my wife how much I paid…I’m not that bonkers 😜

Yeah one is never enough, when I used to tell my friends that I paid £5k for my AC/DC Premium Pin they said I was bonkers and to be honest I felt guilty about spending that kind of money on what can only be described as an expensive toy, now NIB premiums are demanding £10k…the world has definitely gone mad :cuckoo:

If I do manage to pick up a JJP GnR then one thing I will definitely not be doing is telling my wife how much I paid…I’m not that bonkers 😜
5k for an AC/DC Prem, pretty good going matey 👍

What I was saying no to, its both keeping it at the old price AND waiting a year to get paid for it. Either the old price and payment March, or the new price in a year is fine with me, just not both!
So if I order at £11k you will keep it for the year so I can gather the ££..it might be sooner but I can’t say for definite.

IMHO to ask phil to keep hold of it for twelve month is a big ask it’s a lot of money for him to have tied up when he could probably sell it 5 times over
My thinking was with the assumption from Chris B in an earlier post that the March batch might be already all allocated and the supply issues that I had been reading about then the next batch of games may not be with him until around September/October and therefore I was only asking for an additional few months to help me find the ££ given the massive cost.

I get that he is a business and has to invest the money first ..I wouldn’t usually ask and only did so because of the extended wait time that everyone has been talking about on the forums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom