What's new

JJP 4 POTC pic

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
"Yeah, these JJP games look nice. Bally Williams games looked nice too "

Is it just me or is the spinning disk just bl**dy annoying? The three rings spin a lot of the time, and that means the ball doesn’t go in a predictable fashion, so it just turns in to a game of luck not skill.

If spins very occasionally then it can be a nice gimmick, like The Power mag nets in TAF. But since they spin a lot of the time it is just tiresome.

Saw this on pinside made me chuckle...

"Did you guys watch to the end of the stream when they are interviewing Jack? He said "We had a lot of wind in our sails...*nervously laughs*...no pun intended...going into this reveal and really felt this would solidify our legacy as a great pinball manufacturer but then...but then...*tears up a bit*...but then NeilMcRae posted a leaked picture of the collector's edition on Pinside and now we will be shutting the factory down tomorrow...I'm sorry...*hurriedly walks away with face in hands, clearly sobbing* "

Lol see my reply ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The spinning rings do have the potential to be annoying. But pinball manufacturers are not stupid. JJP will just include an option in the menus to reduce the number of occasions that the rings do their things

Oh hang on, @ronsplooter and I played ghost busters premium yesterday and that flipper gap is quite stupid. An entire game ruined by the absence of a skill post or Goldeneye style magnet ball save. Or even an old school medusa style hand of the gods based on the infamous linear flipper mech...

Oh, and the code on Stern Star Wars. What a joke. Even with Pinball aficionado @mufcmufc standing next to me telling me what to hit, the code in Star Wars appears complete garbage, where is the effing ball lock ? How do I get a soddin' multiball ? This game will be a total disaster on location. But it does sound nice.

So I take it back. The manufacturers sometimes do obviously stupid things.

Last edited:
Speaking of remakes does anyone know if any of them have taken up the Jurassic world or complete Jurassic park license? A new one with loads of cool toys would be awesome

Speaking of remakes does anyone know if any of them have taken up the Jurassic world or complete Jurassic park license? A new one with loads of cool toys would be awesome

Next JJP is toy story
Next Stern is Elvira (possible GOTG but I think that was scrapped and restated owing to the JT situation)
Next CGC is the Addams family remake.*
Next Heighway “bankrupt bumper bonanza!”*

Cheers
Neil
* my guess [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Imagine if someone did a new Star Wars, the possibilities are endless...... Oh.... hang on :-D

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

There was a rumour a couple of years ago that Stern had the Jurassic World license but nothing ever came from it. I agree though, I’d love a new JW/JP machine!

Toy Story next JJP according to rumours, is it wrong to be excited about that? :oops:

Not wrong in the slightest as far as I’m concerned, the Toy Story movies are absolute classics and I think that there’s great potential there for a pin. I can’t wait.

JJP like their retro themes don't they. I simply can't get excited about Toy Story

Addams would make sense for CGC. Maybe even OPs would buy it as they know it's a good earner even after all this time. Much less risk than spending money on some other themes.

I still suspect the next one would be MBr or CCr. Both still command stupid money from collectors.

Has GoG really been scrapped? I thought the man in question was working on Iron Maiden.

What about Highway's Queen pin. Will it ever see the light of day?

I could defiinitely get semi-excited about Toy Story. Would prefer a new Judge Dredd though based on the latest movie and upcoming series. Actually theres so much material to choose from in the 2000AD universe and Rebellion are actively seeking to licence it out...Simon Bisley on the artwork would be phenomenal. Not enough unisex appeal for JJP though of course.

POTc looks like a solid pin, liking the spinning jets and hole behind upper flipper, not a theme that gets my juices flowing, but guess as code improve, should be a great game

I’m bored of all these games with mega deep rules and no simple instructions. Sgt Grizz and I had a blast playing Laser War with an entire rule set you could write on an envelope.

I get it that some home collectors *may* want a hard and complex game (not me) but if manufacturers want a pinball resurgence in public places, who’s gonna bother to try to learn a bible of required targets to achieve x then y after completing z awards mode zz. Laser War - not unlike Robocop - has three target banks, two sinkholes, then multiball with a jackpot ramp that looks like a surgeon’s kidney dish. We didn’t need any more than that. Oh and some great art.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_12dfd1cdb8aabe70eb188fee1149e528.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_36ede8d371edaf027e0cda7b2326f7cf.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_d851dc1b99a3a92d2d1e1211dd2aab11.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_6f3f262462fcfcf162aada08936a589a.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_9319105a9982ea255de834dbfdb66e25.jpg

Oh, and while they’re making new games easier to understand, they can take their pro-pre-etc multiversion price model and stick it up their ar5es

Totally agree, that's why the only Stern I have now is Sopranos, I have grown to dislike all these mad unachievable (for the majority of us) rule sets.

Really enjoying Rollergames at the moment Dan :thumbs:

I like the complex rules, but when you haven't played a game and in competition it does make it harder. But even games with simple rules its not always that obvious to figure out what you need to do.

Neil.

Amen to the simpletons club. That’s why my line up is sys 11. That and I’m a simpleton!

Taxi. A masterpiece of basics. Pick up the passengers and drop em off at the airport... boom

wrong thread!

nothing to see here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m bored of all these games with mega deep rules and no simple instructions. Sgt Grizz and I had a blast playing Laser War with an entire rule set you could write on an envelope..

Agree - the Pin I enjoyed most was Mr & Mrs Pacman - took me back to 1983, it was the first Pin I ever played.
I did also enjoy getting over 2M on The Hobbitt - but needed help on the rules, still not sure how we got that score

I’m bored of all these games with mega deep rules and no simple instructions. Sgt Grizz and I had a blast playing Laser War with an entire rule set you could write on an envelope.

I get it that some home collectors *may* want a hard and complex game (not me) but if manufacturers want a pinball resurgence in public places, who’s gonna bother to try to learn a bible of required targets to achieve x then y after completing z awards mode zz. Laser War - not unlike Robocop - has three target banks, two sinkholes, then multiball with a jackpot ramp that looks like a surgeon’s kidney dish. We didn’t need any more than that. Oh and some great art.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_12dfd1cdb8aabe70eb188fee1149e528.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_36ede8d371edaf027e0cda7b2326f7cf.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_d851dc1b99a3a92d2d1e1211dd2aab11.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_6f3f262462fcfcf162aada08936a589a.jpg uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171016_9319105a9982ea255de834dbfdb66e25.jpg

Oh, and while they’re making new games easier to understand, they can take their pro-pre-etc multiversion price model and stick it up their ar5es
Reasonable t i t t y count on that one. Kudos.

Totally agree, that's why the only Stern I have now is Sopranos, I have grown to dislike all these mad unachievable (for the majority of us) rule sets.

Really enjoying Rollergames at the moment Dan :thumbs:

Amen to the simpletons club. That’s why my line up is sys 11. That and I’m a simpleton!

Taxi. A masterpiece of basics. Pick up the passengers and drop em off at the airport... boom

Agree - the Pin I enjoyed most was Mr & Mrs Pacman - took me back to 1983, it was the first Pin I ever played.
I did also enjoy getting over 2M on The Hobbitt - but needed help on the rules, still not sure how we got that score

old-people-old.jpg

A good interview with Jack and Eric. Agree with many things that was said, all 4 machines are unique, rules and playfields compliment each other. I'm sure they made a dig against Stern regarding their similar playfields, i.e bash toys up the middle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom