What's new

JJP 4 POTC pic

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Agree. Didn't like WOZ or TH. going to play Dialled in tomorrow (I'm a big Pat fan) so excited about that but this machine looks cracking. All JJP games are well made and high quality and it looks like that (theme aside) they have made a jam packed game. Bravo!

looks fun. few queries though -

what was the problem with Neil posting a picture of it on pinside? doesn't everyone always leak early pictures .... and being on a pinhead internet forum, isn't that what we all want .... and anyway, unless he snuck into a locked room at JJ factory, presumably he found it somewhere that someone already leaked it, so why don't they go get ****ed off at them instead .....

why pirates of the caribbean again? it was a brilliant first film and a decent 2nd one, the 3rd was already going downhill and then it all turned to ****. plus there is already a good POTC pin ...

Game looks brilliant and very fleshed out. Such a shame JJ didnt get the Star Wars licence. You sense they might have done it a little more justice than the TieFighter on a stick Photoshop special* Stern released

* Never played it

I like it, I was also 'meh' about the theme, but having now seen the game-play videos, I like it alot!

Looks to have loads going for it, I'll deffo get one but not until it's been finished and out in the wilds for a while, also only after getting my Dialed In, so that's my 2019 NIB pin sorted.

Just had a look at pinside views. People getting upset with Neil's post seems ridiculous. They're on a tread discussing JJP's next title. What do they expect?

Also, don't get all the Stern bashing. Some really angry people on pinside.

Just saw the response on Pinside to Neil posting the leaked pic. Absolutely hilarious. There are some serious **** heads on the internet! Favourite has to be; ' Seriously ruined my night..."

looks fun. few queries though -

what was the problem with Neil posting a picture of it on pinside? doesn't everyone always leak early pictures .... and being on a pinhead internet forum, isn't that what we all want .... and anyway, unless he snuck into a locked room at JJ factory, presumably he found it somewhere that someone already leaked it, so why don't they go get ****ed off at them instead .....

why pirates of the caribbean again? it was a brilliant first film and a decent 2nd one, the 3rd was already going downhill and then it all turned to ****. plus there is already a good POTC pin ...

Neil was rightly reprimanded, he leaked the pic on the same day as the reveal, had he leaked it 2,3,4+ weeks ago it would have been ABSOLUTELY FINE, but doing it on the day, well clearly he was out to steal ALL the JJP thunder. He should know better :rolleyes::D:p:wave::cool:

Neil was rightly reprimanded, he leaked the pic on the same day as the reveal, had he leaked it 2,3,4+ weeks ago it would have been ABSOLUTELY FINE, but doing it on the day, well clearly he was out to steal ALL the JJP thunder. He should know better :rolleyes::D:p:wave::cool:

I zipped my own body bag :rofl:

in my defence I did get the picture from an official JJP website!

Was funny that the people most butt hurt were those who had seen it but didn't want others to see it as it meant them crashing out of the 'so special' club:D

Reactions: JMP
Was funny that the people most butt hurt were those who had seen it but didn't want others to see it as it meant them crashing out of the 'so special' club:D

First rule of "so special club", don't talk about "so special club"

That’s the very reason why I posted it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First thoughts are that it looks better than the Hobbit. Theme doesn't really do it for me and really didn't like the music in the first clip. The rocking boat platform was different, I wonder if it's incorporated into something so the movement sends the ball back down the same ramp or is it designed so you miss the targets at the back? Guess there's lots of good video clips to take from the films.

Glad they made it to pin # 4. Hopefully it will put them in a stronger financial position each time they release a new game. Wonder what the price point will be?:eek:

First thoughts are that it looks better than the Hobbit. Theme doesn't really do it for me and really didn't like the music in the first clip. The rocking boat platform was different, I wonder if it's incorporated into something so the movement sends the ball back down the same ramp or is it designed so you miss the targets at the back? Guess there's lots of good video clips to take from the films.

Glad they made it to pin # 4. Hopefully it will put them in a stronger financial position each time they release a new game. Wonder what the price point will be?:eek:

That’s why stern will always be around - 9k for a machine!

First thought is nice layout, fast for a widebody. Looks like a fun table physically. Also we're back to Keefer code so very deep. I think we all want to have another Keith Johnson game that actually has a fun and fast playfield to go with.

Then I notice the artwork is pretty dull. The license seems odd with only images of the main characters but not on the LCD screen and no audio clips of them. It sounds a lot like Stern POTC with generic pirate music and call outs. I'm not the biggest fan of POTC at all but I would like to hear clips of Depp's funniest one liners from the series. Video clips I can live without.

The code is only 20% so this could all change but overall it looks pretty great.

I like the layout and the art but I do NOT like the spinning disks above the flippers.

Although not a game for me at 9 grand. I thought the spinners looked interesting. Looks like they can spin independently. Wonder if they can also reverse direction? I guess the nearest thing to this would be whirlwind but with the spinners all in one place. (Assuming they do spin during gameplay rather than just turn round for accessing different modes)

I thought the Hobbit was really lacking in anything different (especially when compared to the initial hype about dragons coming out of the playfield etc). It's great to see they've tried some different things on this game. Maybe the disc won't be great in terms of game play but it's more interesting than Sterns standard bash toy.

upload_2017-10-14_9-9-3.png

I love the layout and innovation but damn, those JJP boys choose some horrible themes.

I thought this Disney money spinner died off years ago?

I think its fair to say they're targetting the female market with these themes.

Yes they can reverse and did often in the video!

Back
Top Bottom