What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

MET Prem ball eating snake:
You bash it, swallows the ball, holds onto it, spits it back out….
Yeah, swallowing balls is an electro mechanical nightmare and just lame 🙄

Does the pro not do the same, or at least hold onto the ball for a bit?

Yep can hold the ball didn't know myself for a while until I accidently found it in the settings

Yep can hold the ball didn't know myself for a while until I accidently found it in the settings
There’s a good reason on the Pro for why it’s turned off, I think it because you can get another ball stuck in there and if balls 4 & 3 have drained it has to do ball search to find ball 2 (which is resting against ball 1 in the snake) - something like that

Don't you love mods that are just off the shelf toys shoehorned onto a playfield.
This guy has done some amazing stuff, he did a slink for Toy story that was amazing, and has new ramps for Mando that sold hundreds of. Did things for alien, his imagination shows what manufacturers could make happen very cheaply.

He's only let down by not trusting others to help him and get things moving in a larger scale, wants to control it all.

MET Prem ball eating snake:
You bash it, swallows the ball, holds onto it, spits it back out….
Yeah, swallowing balls is an electro mechanical nightmare and just lame 🙄

and yet the Hammer gets all the glory!

Hang on, did we just list two cool things on one game??? They must've compromised somewhere else by not including drop targets, or spinners, or a big bash toy....

Oh.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
and yet the Hammer gets all the glory!

Hang on, did we just list two cool things on one game??? They must've compromised somewhere else by not including drop targets, or a bash toy....

Oh.

:thumbs:
Physical coffin lock or rising cross would have been great haves

All this angst about the shark swallowing the ball seems ridiculous to me. Surely if the ball is swallowed (eaten) by the shark that means the shark has eaten you (won)?
It would have been interesting if Stern had made it so if the shark did swallow the ball it meant you lost that ball - a journey back to the gobble holes of old (no not that type!).
Just imaging the uproar. :D

People have commented that the shark is the main focus in Jaws (then say they haven't actually seen the film:rofl:). There's a lot more shots of just a fleeting glimpse of the fin and the vast open sea. (Famously because 'Bruce' was a bit 💩 and not actually ready so Spielberg had to reduce screen time) - so for Stern to be 'true to the film' the majority of the playfield should be completely vacant (some may say they've achieved this)

The problem with any company making a machine based on a massive theme, is that everyone will have their own ideas as to what 'MUST' be in there, or how it is going to be implemented - God help whoever (if ever) gets to make a Harry Potter machine - I can see the comments now about how so and so has been missed out, or such and such an artefact hasn't been included, they should have had a flying broomstick, etc. etc.

Got to say the stillness of the shark on the pro is an absolute deal breaker for me. Even if it just moved up and down a bit at the point when it's hit it would be enough but nothing from what I saw. Currently the bucket of dead chum has more life in it than the shark

More info on Jaws from the designer.

You'll have to go collect these in game teeth if you want to be playing all those extra mini modes for leaderboards etc with Insider Connected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom