What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamma PSU for DE sound card ? - DE hum cure ?

I need to see if the PSU cures the hum in my tftc,
finding time/motivation with the weather so nice is hard!

Right,
I stuck a harness on my new PSU and it did make a big difference.Still a noise from the DMD/lamps .
Used a decibel meter on my phone and it went from 40db to 30db .

So I'll definitely be wiring it in properly .

Got around to hard wiring this last night.
Flicked on the machine and no sound........
Thought to myself "ah ****,here we go again".
Hit start and the crypt keeper welcomed me in perfectly clear bsm2000 sound!!!
So clear,still a DMD hum but I should of done this years ago.

Got around to hard wiring this last night.
Flicked on the machine and no sound........
Thought to myself "ah ****,here we go again".
Hit start and the crypt keeper welcomed me in perfectly clear bsm2000 sound!!!
So clear,still a DMD hum but I should of done this years ago.
Glad it worked for you. I have Inkochnitos bridge/cap board to install tonight..., see if that helps my hum

I ordered one today Gaz ...so will let you know if it helps :thumbs:

Installed Inkochnitos cap/bridge board .................has made no difference :(

I think I'll call it a day on this. I have lived with the inserts light hum in attract mode for 15 years. Can't be bothered spending anymore time and money on trying to eliminate it now.

Installed Inkochnitos cap/bridge board .................has made no difference :(

I think I'll call it a day on this. I have lived with the inserts light hum in attract mode for 15 years. Can't be bothered spending anymore time and money on trying to eliminate it now.

Thanks for being the sacrificial lamb mate. I'll just turn the volume up and drown it out !!

Thanks for being the sacrificial lamb mate. I'll just turn the volume up and drown it out !!

It's a lonely job out here on point ...... :cool:

And yeah, I really don't notice it in game. Just would have been nice to get to the bottom of it. My one other thing to try is to shield the speaker cables - see if that makes any difference. Ah f*ck it ...I don't know if I can be bothered :rolleyes:

What a pity.
Was it a stright forward install ?

The volume control cable is bundled in with mains cable on my tftc.
That cant be helping at all.

It's a lonely job out here on point ...... :cool:

And yeah, I really don't notice it in game. Just would have been nice to get to the bottom of it. My one other thing to try is to shield the speaker cables - see if that makes any difference. Ah f*ck it ...I don't know if I can be bothered :rolleyes:

As we used to say "Don't get a sad on, get a mag on and stag on" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom