What's new

Wanted I’m after any of these titles

Hi is the Barry Scott of the Facebook uk pinball world, *BANG* and the bargain is gone,
1645521438517.jpeg

He is the Barry Scott of the Facebook uk pinball world, *BANG* and the bargain is gone,
To be fair I don’t think there are any bargains on fb groups full stop people who list on there have already done there homework and there are more than one to choose from play leisure is another one have a look at his website if you want to see eye watering prices is he not doing the same thing ?

I would just like to clarify a few things as this discussion about flipping pins opened up on my post. Last year, I’ve bought around 30 pins on this forum. I would like to mention that I still have all of them. The sellers can check if they want at any time.

So, the pins contained in the list above, are titles that I would love to have in my collection and not pins that I would flip. If I find any of them, in many years to come (if I’m still healthy and alive) they will be keepers.

Not to mention that now, a part of my collection is available to be enjoyed by everyone. I’m not afraid if someone else will touch my machines as I don’t keep them for decoration only (like most of the collectors do). I’ve done that for over 20 years and now I’ve decided it’s time to stop being selfish.
Hope that everyone understands…

For example, a few weeks ago I had someone who visited privately (he didn’t want to rub his shoulders with “others”) telling me that he has 25 pins in his collection and his family can play only 1 of them (one title that he has twice- the good machine is untouchable and the bad one is available for the family). In conclusion, he can play all 25 of them but the family can touch only 1. Beside this, he was extremely proud in saying that none of his friends were ever allowed to play any of his pins. So all of the pins still are in mint condition. Of course all JJP’s are CE, Sterns LE etc. Let’s not turn into this guy.

Pinball it’s not about being obsessed about your pin value (every play, every touch will decrease its value). Pinball it’s not about being afraid of playing your machines because the gameplay counter goes up and it looses value each time you play it.

So let’s enjoy our pins, play them and share them with friends and family (and why not with every pinball lover)

Last edited:
I would just like to clarify a few things as this discussion about flipping pins opened up on my post. Last year, I’ve bought around 30 pins on this forum. I would like to mention that I still have all of them. The sellers can check if they want at any time.

So, the pins contained in the list above, are titles that I would love to have in my collection and not pins that I would flip. If I find any of them, in many years to come (if I’m still healthy and alive) they will be keepers.

Not to mention that now, a part of my collection is available to be enjoyed by everyone. I’m not afraid if someone else will touch my machines as I don’t keep them for decoration only (like most of the collectors do). I’ve done that for over 20 years and now I’ve decided it’s time to stop being selfish.

For example, a few weeks ago I had someone who visited privately (he didn’t wanted to rub his shoulders with “others”) telling me that he has 25 pins in his collection and his family can play only 1 of them (one title that he has twice- the good machine is untouchable and the bad one is available for the family). In conclusion, he can play all 25 of them but the family can touch only 1. Beside this, he was extremely proud in saying that none of his friends were ever allowed to play any of his pins. So all of the pins still are in mint condition. Of course all JJP’s are CE, Sterns LE etc. Let’s not turn into this guy.

Pinball it’s not about being obsessed about your pin value (every play, every touch will decrease its value). Pinball it’s not about being afraid of playing your machines because the gameplay counter goes up and it looses value each time you play it.

So let’s enjoy our pins, play them and share them with friends and family (and why not with every pinball lover)
Wow, that guy needs counselling

As far as i know wes was asked to get rid of a collection of machines in storage for years as owner fed up paying the storage fees. i got fathom and kings of steel off him. think steve brum got the andromeda and strikes n spares. fair prices. wes been out of the scene for years so struggled to price accurately. he’s then figured maybe he can find others sat on collections. he’s got a 50 piece collection possibly coming up soon. he’s got a rather nice stern ss stingray for sale atm.

For example, a few weeks ago I had someone who visited privately (he didn’t wanted to rub his shoulders with “others”) telling me that he has 25 pins in his collection and his family can play only 1 of them (one title that he has twice- the good machine is untouchable and the bad one is available for the family). In conclusion, he can play all 25 of them but the family can touch only 1. Beside this, he was extremely proud in saying that none of his friends were ever allowed to play any of his pins. So all of the pins still are in mint condition. Of course all JJP’s are CE, Sterns LE etc. Let’s not turn into this guy.

I don't think that you needed to explain yourself mate.

The fact that you've opened up a facility for people to enjoy your machines says it all really.

Pinball clubs are the best place for these machines and it's good news every time one is purchased from a private collection and becomes available for everyone to play.

Personally I hope you get every single one of the machines on your list.

You're kidding - he won't even let his family play the machines he presumably keeps at home?!

The fact that you've opened up a facility for people to enjoy your machines says it all really.

Pinball clubs are the best place for these machines and it's good news every time one is purchased from a private collection and becomes available for everyone to play.

I feel the same.

I've been very frustrated for me, and seeing @David_Vi and @Lecari trying to get a Diner/WCS, by looking on the Pinball Owners website. There are people in Europe with literally 100s of pins listed on the website all 'in storage, awaiting restoration'.

I'm more than happy to have people play our pins here (not just anyone because they're in our house, but happy to have people known in the community) and I know that @David_Vi has been organising meets. I'd definitely consider organising a meet if Fish Tales was working (I'm still trying to source the right sized molex connector) and, also, potentially if we had a fourth pin.

It's disgusting that there are people sitting on 100s of these machines when there are people organising meet-ups or stocking pinball clubs who can't get hold of stuff (or, at least, in good condition for a decent price).
For example, a few weeks ago I had someone who visited privately (he didn’t want to rub his shoulders with “others”) telling me that he has 25 pins in his collection and his family can play only 1 of them (one title that he has twice- the good machine is untouchable and the bad one is available for the family). In conclusion, he can play all 25 of them but the family can touch only 1. Beside this, he was extremely proud in saying that none of his friends were ever allowed to play any of his pins. So all of the pins still are in mint condition. Of course all JJP’s are CE, Sterns LE etc. Let’s not turn into this guy.
I am rarely roused to contemplate violence, but that chap makes me contemplate violence 😡

For reference, this is a Pi-Bo Wizard. Who, despite being two years old and frequently covered in peanut butter, is allowed to plunge balls on all our pins (and yell "Ski-SHOOOHHHH").

Lorcan Godzilla.jpg
🤬

Last edited:

Hey Hilton cross 30 pins that sound like a mighty line up any pics ? I love a collection pic here’s mine. Weirdly only my blackout came off this forum.

On another fb note

I get frustrated when I see a pin on Facebook saying ( looking for valuations ( I often offer my afdvice with a polite hello and friendly quote and sometimes say it all depends on condition ect, 9 times out of ten all I get back Is “ I won’t take less than 4 or sometimes even 5 k “ not even a thanks or nothing, I’m really dubious of Facebook for pinball sadly

Attachments

• A0DCCB5C-ACE5-483D-9841-8BDA7BE1918D.jpeg
    A0DCCB5C-ACE5-483D-9841-8BDA7BE1918D.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 46
Hey Hilton cross 30 pins that sound like a mighty line up any pics ? I love a collection pic here’s mine. Weirdly only my blackout came off this forum.

On another fb note

I get frustrated when I see a pin on Facebook saying ( looking for valuations ( I often offer my afdvice with a polite hello and friendly quote and sometimes say it all depends on condition ect, 9 times out of ten all I get back Is “ I won’t take less than 4 or sometimes even 5 k “ not even a thanks or nothing, I’m really dubious of Facebook for pinball sadly
Your collection looks amazing. Because you asked for it, I’ve attached a few pictures with mine.

Attachments

• 1D63FD04-C692-4A03-AFA7-17A8358CB08B.jpeg
    1D63FD04-C692-4A03-AFA7-17A8358CB08B.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 3753FA59-BAE6-4B6B-9A39-C58A7F09356F.jpeg
    3753FA59-BAE6-4B6B-9A39-C58A7F09356F.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 76
  • A1AABD74-1AF5-42B3-B42C-129BA1DC1F59.jpeg
    A1AABD74-1AF5-42B3-B42C-129BA1DC1F59.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 76
  • E39DC944-0BEB-4414-AAC0-7742B970C0B7.jpeg
    E39DC944-0BEB-4414-AAC0-7742B970C0B7.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 70
  • 617A4D65-1BE0-4626-867C-467FD62841EA.jpeg
    617A4D65-1BE0-4626-867C-467FD62841EA.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 83
I can't get my head around this at all. What a sad little man.
Also, the guy is obviously happy to go and play someone else's pride & joy (as long a no one else is there - @Hiltoncriss ; did the guy make you step out of the room?:)
It's a weird one, as like I'm sure many of us in the community, I jump at the chance to play against someone at pinball, whether that's neighbors/friends who are at our place for a party and I kind of force them to have a game on my one machine* or asking people at the various pinball clubs if they fancy a game.

*next time I also plan of hassling people to play some Street Fighter with me; what's the point of owning more than one Arcade stick otherwise!;_) )

I feel the same.

I've been very frustrated for me, and seeing @David_Vi and @Lecari trying to get a Diner/WCS, by looking on the Pinball Owners website. There are people in Europe with literally 100s of pins listed on the website all 'in storage, awaiting restoration'.

I'm more than happy to have people play our pins here (not just anyone because they're in our house, but happy to have people known in the community) and I know that @David_Vi has been organising meets. I'd definitely consider organising a meet if Fish Tales was working (I'm still trying to source the right sized molex connector) and, also, potentially if we had a fourth pin.

It's disgusting that there are people sitting on 100s of these machines when there are people organising meet-ups or stocking pinball clubs who can't get hold of stuff (or, at least, in good condition for a decent price).

I am rarely roused to contemplate violence, but that chap makes me contemplate violence 😡

For reference, this is a Pi-Bo Wizard. Who, despite being two years old and frequently covered in peanut butter, is allowed to plunge balls on all our pins (and yell "Ski-SHOOOHHHH").

View attachment 161791🤬
Is he allowed to play it switched on though? ;)

To be fair I don’t think there are any bargains on fb groups full stop people who list on there have already done there homework and there are more than one to choose from play leisure is another one have a look at his website if you want to see eye watering prices is he not doing the same thing ?
I don't know if Play Leisure is doing the same thing or not. I have previously vouched for him as being good to deal with. And I would still say that's true. He has said that since he took over that FB group there is no delay in classifieds being posted. No pre-vetting. Whether that's true or not would be easy and free to test.

One scam I would like to make people aware of is time wasters. You may think of these as just one off idiots, but actually it can be the same person using multiple fake accounts trying to break you down and reduce your price. Usually this involves giving a contact number early on for an interested buyer before multiple accounts will offer to buy and then go silent thus lowering your price over time. I've had this happen with a car sale and even met them early in the scam. If this were to happen in a classified forum where the admin is able to pre-approve posts and make those posts visible to a pre-selected group of accounts...well then that would be the ultimate scam. I'm definitely not saying this is currently happening, but it's something that could happen with the way FB works.

We do seem to be hemorrhaging pins at the moment.

I love this forum but as a hub to keep pins within a community it's not as effective as it was (no fault of Paul's). These things are worth such big money now that we can't really blame anyone for selling to whoever they wish. That being said I'd only sell to someone I believed would do the right thing when they'd finished with the machine.

I'd like to have a group who swap games between each other and sell to one another but I fear the horse has bolted.

Most are sold via DM now and it's hard to blame anyone for that either. It's nice to know that your prized machine is going to a good home rather than a first come first serve where it might get flipped.
If you start one Kris I’m in 👍🏻

Good call on the loaning; can defo see that becoming popular.
With space for only one machine at the mo' I reckon I'd be up for a temporary swap at some point if it was someone fairly local, as hooefully that would reduce the risk of machines getting damage in transit during long journeys?

I don't know if Play Leisure is doing the same thing or not. I have previously vouched for him as being good to deal with. And I would still say that's true. He has said that since he took over that FB group there is no delay in classifieds being posted. No pre-vetting. Whether that's true or not would be easy and free to test.
When I took over the group every listing had to be approved by the admin. That’s been removed so when somebody posts it’s goes ‘live’ straight away. I see it at the same time as everybody else. I think I’ve bought once from the group in my time ‘owning’ it, and that was for personal use.

If you opened up this discussion about loaning, can you give some examples of prices as well? How much one has to pay for a loan? An example with pricing per title would be great!

There’s no prices as far as I remember you just loan a game to someone maybe they fix afew issues ect
I’ve asked a member last year during November, and it certainly had a price of £180/week for a top title (plus shipping). I found that quite steep… I was wondering what anyone paid lately.

There's different types of loan...

Anything from between group members at transportation costs to professional loan (hire) from providers (top titles as you put it) to group members at £xx pw, pm or pa. All have ended up in the same thread.

And haunted house. All 3 will be available for public play. Andromeda by the weekend as thanks to Courtney magic is 99% finished

Listed two last month, were published virtually instantly. No issues.

Back
Top Bottom