What's new

How to replace ramp flap rivets?

highjon

Registered
What would I use to replace rivets? I have new WCS94 plastics, the right one is riveted to a metal part..
Similar to ramp flap rivets, what would I use to rivet my new plastic to the metal part?

cheers

Boo... They're crap :( The "screwing" scores the top of the rivets... even if protected :(

Where would I get the screwy one? And the rivets to go with it?
What's its technical name?
appreciated..

i got some rivets sent from the US, however haven't yet found a press at a reasonable price... :(

John,
If you want to send me the stuff you want riveting and I will do it for you and send it back.
PM me if you want to go ahead.

Is this the job you're looking at sorting? http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/ Sounds like it. Might be of interest, probably not new info though. Coincidentally noticed that page as I happened to be looking into riveting to replace the ramp flap on my DESW one day (I need to sort a longer flap to cover a sliver of playfield damage I just noticed right at the ramp entrance, like 2mm deep and as wide as the ramp :( )

Is this the job you're looking at sorting? http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/ Sounds like it. Might be of interest, probably not new info though. Coincidentally noticed that page as I happened to be looking into riveting to replace the ramp flap on my DESW one day (I need to sort a longer flap to cover a sliver of playfield damage I just noticed right at the ramp entrance, like 2mm deep and as wide as the ramp :( )
Great article! Bookmarked for future reference. Thanks!

Well Manny was doing the presses for around £100, which to me would have been a decent investment, however he hasnt got any now and said he's just waiting to re-order.... 6 months down the line....

Any love for blind or monobolt rivets? I suspect not as cosmetically they're not as appealing, but thought I'd mention them as the tools to fit them can be considerably cheaper. I wouldn't spend £100 on a rivet press as the cost doesn't justify the work, but a £15 hand-riveter has many uses.

For all your Riveting needs go to, http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
Don't worry about the overpriced shipping, they charge more then refund you ( you only pay what it costs to send).
As for the large press, buy one from Clark ( Machine Mart ) for around £30 buy the dyes from Pinrestore for $21 then make your own. Total cost should be no more that £50.
Its not often you require a Rivet press to do some work but when you do its very usefull and for £50 its well worth having. Its saved me many a time, and if you are into the refurb / restore side then you can't afford to be with out one.
D.

So the Semi-Tubular Rivet Setting Rollover Die from pinrestore.com and this press should do the trick?

Daz you are a star... Will just wait for another of those annoying emails to come through offering me 15% off clarke products and i may as well order then for cheaper :) I'll order the dies from Pinrestore tonight :)

For all your Riveting needs go to, http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
Don't worry about the overpriced shipping, they charge more then refund you ( you only pay what it costs to send).
As for the large press, buy one from Clark ( Machine Mart ) for around £30 buy the dyes from Pinrestore for $21 then make your own. Total cost should be no more that £50.
Its not often you require a Rivet press to do some work but when you do its very usefull and for £50 its well worth having. Its saved me many a time, and if you are into the refurb / restore side then you can't afford to be with out one.
D.

Dont you need both the head and rollover dies for $39, or have i missed something here?? :D

Excellent, cheers guys (both for the item advice and discount heads-up!).

Can't quite work out what all the extra gubbins from the Rivet Press Kit is needed for, all seems redundant apart from the dies.

Last edited:
Should I ask Pin rebel and see if they will do a Group buy on the Dies and what discount we might get??? Anyone in??

I would be in for that, yep.

A box of rivets from them would presumably be useful with that too since nowhere local does the right kind either (specifically, 1/8 nickel plated brass semi tubular rivets *polishes monocle*)

Thats three sets - Anyone else?? I'll mail them in the morning and ask if they will consider a discount for say 5 sets if we can get another one or two people interested...

Back
Top Bottom