What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heighway Pinball’s Alien – update

P

Pavlov

pavlovpinball.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_11_alien_poster_300x128.jpg

Heighway Pinball dropped a bombshell at Expo last month when it announced that it had secured the license to Alien.… Read more...

In case we don't get it...

From Pinside:

Hi everyone,

To give you an update on our progress...

We have a load of material submitted to Fox right now, including the Standard Edition artwork package (translite and sideart), a draft version of the playfield art, a 2.5 minute video of gameplay (from the playable version of Alien Pinball - which currently concentrates on Aliens, but will soon include Alien) and draft versions of most of the toys.

In the meantime, the playfield files have been modified for a new insert type that we are testing (which holds the mechanisms onto the underside of the playfield). We are exploring new ways of building prototype ramps for this game, and a new way to prototype ball guides. All in, we believe we are still on course to be testing the Alien Pinball whitewood by around the end of the first week in December.

As mentioned in a previous post, we are hoping to post an update on the game within the first 10 days of December - the content of which will depend on what is approved, or not, by our licensor

The video version of the game plays really well and the few people that have played it, love it.

We will be participating in questions both here and on our own forums. We will do our best to answer any questions as quickly as possible, but if there is sometimes a delay of a few days, then please do not be offended.

I think it most interesting that that's posted on Pinside, however nothing on here, nothing on UK pinball....

Speaks volumes, as much as i hate to say it :( :(

Have any other pins used a virtual version as part of the prototyping process? Surprised I've not heard of that approach before, especially with Future Pinball etc. available to do it with.

Anyone on the pre-order list?

Not yet, I'll be sorely tempted if it looks good once they've revealed more. I quite like that the narrower head on Heighway pins should actually fit through my front door without taking it off too (both the head and the door!)!.:)

I think it most interesting that that's posted on Pinside, however nothing on here, nothing on UK pinball....

Speaks volumes, as much as i hate to say it :( :(

Do the Yanks have more cash floating about? Thought i read that the game was cheaper over there than here...

Pinside: can be a bit like reading the Pinball equivalent of The Daily Mail sometimes.... i say 'reading', more like 'looking at pictures'.

Last edited:
To be fair, it's a US license, and any pin manufacturer that wants to succeed surely needs to break into the US market above all others.

At the same time, a comms approach of sharing updates equally, or at most giving small exclusives to a balanced mix of sites, would be ideal IMO though I appreciated that'd take extra time/resources when they're presumably focused above all else on getting the pins ready. Still, grass roots marketing matters too. :)

Cant say im really surprised.

Most of the posting on here about Heighway Pinball has been negative so why should he give us more ammo ?

Also if he only has time to post on one forum he should post where most of his customers and potential customers are reading/posting

Most of the posting on here about Heighway Pinball has been negative so why should he give us more ammo ?

Also if he only has time to post on one forum he should post where most of his customers and potential customers are reading/posting

I'm more than happy to support the first UK pin company. I have known Andy for many years, he is a Nice likeable chap, and I have plenty of time for him. I wish him all the best in his ventures, and I will actively support him where I can.

The only thing i can say is that HP was promoted as a big 1 up for the UK pinball scene - the FIRST UK pinball manufacturer.....

If he thought we were a tough bunch to please, wait until the Americans really get started :D Check out this guy's want list for the LE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-this-is-what-we-want#post-2059093

I agree though he's doing what it takes to be successful, the competition for selling new machines is pretty fierce right now, the US market has to be no.1 priority.

But Pinside is an international forum, I read it regularly so don't actually feel that neglected, though it would have been nice to read it on here as well.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Alien, and for those who have run out of space - the glass lifts straight off the playfield! :thumbs:

I do like their focus on easier maintenance and reliability, being able to lift rather than slide the glass is a great idea. The inductive rollover switches and easily removeable flipper mechanism are nice ideas too.

I'm more than happy to support the first UK pin company. I have known Andy for many years, he is a Nice likeable chap, and I have plenty of time for him. I wish him all the best in his ventures, and I will actively support him where I can.

The only thing i can say is that HP was promoted as a big 1 up for the UK pinball scene - the FIRST UK pinball manufacturer.....

I wasn't have a go at you Paul, or anyone really as everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions

Just there seems to be a far more positive vibe to the whole Heighway pinball thing on pinside...

And although awesome, pinballinfo is very UK based (starting to get a bit more international recently ) whereas pinside has a more USA based membership (even though Dutch)

if it was my company and I was short of time I would be posting on pinside first and then here after if I had time as reasistically there are more potential customers on pinside. Also if Andy post on here he usually has to check back in a few times to answer the questions raised as its expected of him as he is "one of us"

Hope that makes sense, I'm rambling now

He might of had more customers over here if he'd kept the UK price cheap like he promised but we won't go there.......

Or even if a fully working, complete machine was available. Pre order gambles are just no good imo.

hope it isnt cheaper in the states, as that would count me out, hate it when uk manufacturers do that, can anyone clarify that

thanks Replicas, shame as i liked full throttle when i had a go earlier in the year

So For Full Throttle

Its £3791.66 + vat in UK
whereas its $6000 + tax in USA (about £3837.53 plus tax)

So actually cheaper in the UK, nice one (not that I'm buying but still)

At least they are announcing announcements, you're not a real pinball company if you don't do that.

How many announcements does it take to announce that you are going to announce something ?

Reactions: HOW
Back
Top Bottom