What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Guns N Roses (Dutch auction - today £3550, drops £50 a day until sold)

do you like the idea of a Dutch auction?

• yes

• no

• meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
dude i'd love to flood this thread, this whole forum, with dozens, nay, scores, of jiggling bouncing wobbling gifs of oiled up boobage, you know that. but i'm not allowed, for obvious reasons: people have their wives or kids look over their shoulder, or they browse at work, or they worry about being a perv when touching themselves while viewing. you can be assured that I always send plenty of animated boobery giffage in PMs.

this Dutch thing is fun, I wasn't sure how it'd go down but it's ok so far. I know there's a few of you watching and wondering, and everyone wants a bargain but is wondering when the next GNR will come up for sale. the good news is that pinballinfo mods and admins are ok with it, and most forum members too, so I can do it with others in the future...

Capture.PNG

My gf literally just looked over my shoulder and said 'I do rather like that blokes avi'.... Post away Dan. I've got a feeling she's mentioned it before. Perhaps she's trying to tell me something

I think this Dutch auction idea is splendid.

I am a bit confused though why a Dutch auction is OK but why a normal auction is not allowed here. Then again stating a price in a for sale notice and then dropping the price is allowed so that's effectively the same as a Dutch auction I suppose.

Anyway, watching this is almost as much fun as watching the very excellent Price Drop TV on a rainy morning.

Who doesn't like the idea of a Dutch Auction? Are they 5 owners of GnR who think it is worth more and this devalues theirs :D

Dutch Auction seems like a great idea as you really are guaranteed to sell your item at some point. All you need to be happy about is that you may not get back what you paid out for the item in the first place.

I'm a GnR owner, not looking to sell mine, but it'll be interesting to see what this goes for as I haven't seen one sold for quite some time.

I think this Dutch auction idea is splendid.

I am a bit confused though why a Dutch auction is OK but why a normal auction is not allowed here. Then again stating a price in a for sale notice and then dropping the price is allowed so that's effectively the same as a Dutch auction I suppose.

Anyway, watching this is almost as much fun as watching the very excellent Price Drop TV on a rainy morning.
I'd like to think that it's because it's not in dans favour and it's him taking the risk...unless someone jumps in quickly. Considering no-one did a buy it now then as the price reduces then Dan gets less and the buyer gets a better deal. It's almost a reverse pyscology of buying.....

I think it's an inspired option....certainly one of dans better moments!

Not sure if I'd have the balls to sell one of mine this way. I suspect Dan's timing was potentially a bit off with the sale coinciding with the holiday period.

Who doesn't like the idea of a Dutch Auction? Are they 5 owners of GnR who think it is worth more and this devalues theirs :D
If everyone sells there machines by this type of auction will it be the end of high price machines ?
If that's the case a Taf ,AFM BBB,etc will be dirt cheep ;)

Clever buyer as I suspect some were looking around the 3.5k mark.
Enjoyed the thread and the format. Thanks.

Today £3550 and I already have a message this morning from an early bird so it's provisionally sold.

Thanks for all the interest, forum donation incoming.

i thought about that price.I have one but IMO it ain't a 4k machine.Mind u not many 90's games are

Back
Top Bottom