What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Guns N Roses (Dutch auction - today £3550, drops £50 a day until sold)

do you like the idea of a Dutch auction?

• yes

• no

• meh

Results are only viewable after voting.

cooldan

i like pizza
For sale, Guns N Roses, located West London. Data East's most popular and desirable title, released in 1994 and sold 3000 machines, currently rated 45 on Pinside and rated 23 on IPDB

the bad:
the usual scuffs and a few scratches on the cabinet
wear spot in plunger lane where ball has been served too hard from trough (pictured)
that's it!

the good:
good condition playfield with minimal wear
good condition boards with no hacks
latest ROM, version 3.00
perfect DMD
fully working - all lamps, flashers, coils, magnet, etc
cabinet still brightly coloured with rich red and green
custom topper and Slash and amp models (topper currently up in Scotland which is why the pic is taken in a different room. but it's included).
no worrying about batteries ever again as it has a NVRAM fitted

initial price was £3900 on 27/7/17 - based on high initial interest and some recent prices bandied about, but no evidence if they were really met - but this will be a Dutch auction, meaning i will drop the price by £50 a day (unless i forget) until it's sold. welcome to come and see and try before you buy. welcome to discuss price here in the thread, i don't mind. welcome to ask questions here or by PM. contact me here or by phone or text or FB or email or whatever. no aftersale warranty provided, the only guarantee you get is that it will definitely need attention at some time or another. collect or send a courier, eg. Martin charges £85 to most of the UK mainland.

today's price £3550 on 3rd August

here is a video of it booting up

Guns N Roses pinball pic  (38).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (37).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (40).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (41).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (1).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (2).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (3).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (4).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (5).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (6).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (7).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (8).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (9).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (10).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (11).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (12).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (13).JPG

Guns N Roses pinball pic  (26).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (14).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (15).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (16).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (17).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (18).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (19).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (20).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (21).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (22).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (23).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (24).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (25).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (28).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (29).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (30).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (32).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (33).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (34).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (35).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (36).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (31).JPG
Guns N Roses pinball pic  (39).JPG

i'll try to remember to update price in the title and in the text as well as when i do a daily price reduction bump.

Last edited:
It is good to see someone who actually understands what a Dutch Auction is. So many folk use the term incorrectly

Well in theory it should definitely sell? Can we pick a day when we'd take it (Assuming it gets price dropped each day, and doesn't get snapped up) can I go for day 77?

GnR is a niche game. most of mine in the past ended up in Oz where demand was very high as game not distributed there. even with £600 shipping they outbid UK buyers

its more loaded than any of the Stern music games , its VERY unlikely to be remade , its up there with Tommy for best DE game.

as we found with Xmen , at a certain point there will be a feeding frenzy. £3k should NOT be that point for this machine!

It won't though Daz, as a single rich person could easily decide to pay immediately and get what they want and hang the cost, but it may be worth a try anyway.

I had good offers already before this listing (and one already today by text) but I'll let it run its course and won't list it on gumtree or eBay (though it is already listed for sale on my POA account). Truth is, nobody knows what it's really worth until there's one being sold every week.

So when in a few days it gets into the squeaky bum time, there may be a few folks wondering if there's someone else also holding on for price X. Hold your nerve!

I'm surprised no one has pulled the trigger yet, given that these were selling at 3,500 some 5 years ago... :eek:

I think the eBay "auctions" have muddied what GnR is selling for, the same 2 machines have been on for over a year ranging from £4250 up to £5.5k. It went from £1k to £2k almost overnight a few years ago, how many have sold for more than £2500 is anyone's guess (I know of 3)

It's a stellar title, be interesting to see what the final price is

GnR is a niche game. most of mine in the past ended up in Oz where demand was very high as game not distributed there. even with £600 shipping they outbid UK buyers

its more loaded than any of the Stern music games , its VERY unlikely to be remade , its up there with Tommy for best DE game.

as we found with Xmen , at a certain point there will be a feeding frenzy. £3k should NOT be that point for this machine!
I'm surprised Stern aren't re doing a GNR machine especially as they seem to have a thing for big rock bands. Pretty sure it would do very well sales wise and on site. GNR are the biggest grossing band on the planet right now seems an ideal time to cash in.

Dammit guys, i'm trying my best here..... Saw right through my scheme, eh?

*in best obi wan lingo* - "this is not the pin you're looking for".

Now, when can i come and take this horrid thing from your hands, dan?

great idea it will 100% sell and find its value all the best hope it sells sooner then later

Back
Top Bottom