What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrizZ's Ultimate Guide To Popeye - The good , the bad and the spinach

that's good to know, many thanks....yes cab is decent, but it does have the flat head though (if ever you come cross the 3D one for less that stupid money, let me know!). Doesn't look quite as good as yours,, but I'll post some pics anyway....I agree bang for buck it's excellent, and has been pretty reliable too!

P.S: I am also looking for the little ships that stick on the Popeye's Ark plastic too....if ever you see them!

that's good to know, many thanks....yes cab is decent, but it does have the flat head though (if ever you come cross the 3D one for less that stupid money, let me know!). Doesn't look quite as good as yours,, but I'll post some pics anyway....I agree bang for buck it's excellent, and has been pretty reliable too!

Unlikely to find a Bluto head for much less than this ....I paid similar a couple years ago.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/...ly-williams-popeye/popeye-bluto-head-03-9034/

The 'little ships' you are after are cleats , for wrapping rope around ... :thumbs:..... never seen them for sale unfortunately. I guess you might find some similar replacement ?? Model boat supplier probably the best bet ....

Something like this ...if you hunt about you might find something that closely matches...
https://www.alwayshobbies.com/model-boats/model-boat-fittings/aero-naut-plastic-cleats

Unlikely to find a Bluto head for much less than this ....I paid similar a couple years ago.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/...ly-williams-popeye/popeye-bluto-head-03-9034/

The 'little ships' you are after are cleats , for wrapping rope around ... :thumbs:..... never seen them for sale unfortunately. I guess you might find some similar replacement ?? Model boat supplier probably the best bet ....

Something like this ...if you hunt about you might find something that closely matches...
https://www.alwayshobbies.com/model-boats/model-boat-fittings/aero-naut-plastic-cleats

Wow great links, and that's not a bad price for the Bluto head....i'm not paying $50 for the shipping though, time to call my Yank mates! Like the cleats idea.....can you send me a close up picture of yours so I can judge the size and shape better? Thanks again for all your help!!!

This is the Service Bulletin Williams put out to address the ball hang up at the rear of the ramp. One way many of us have cured that is to fit a suitable size plastic across the top of the ramp to prevent the ball flying up and getting trapped. This part of the ramp is hidden below the mini playfield so it doesn't have to look pretty , just do the job.

Williams recommend installing different posts.

Capture.JPG

After reading this post went out and checked my Popeye. I've got the metal ramp at the top but no 3D Pluto head so will have to keep a look out. If anyone has any links for where this is available would be appreciated.

After reading this post went out and checked my Popeye. I've got the metal ramp at the top but no 3D Pluto head so will have to keep a look out. If anyone has any links for where this is available would be appreciated.
Seem a bit thin on the ground in Europe right now but our friends down under seem to have them ..

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/bluto-popeye/

http://www.australamusements.com.au/store/catalognew/product_info.php?products_id=2766

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 37
Doing some Popeye tinkering today - here's a pic of a spare semi populated mini playfield.

With the Swee Pea ramp removed we finally find out the depth of the deep end of the ship's pool ...........8 Feet ! :rofl: The info is usually covered by the ramp entrance flap. And of course 'Knee Deep' at the shallow end.

P1080183.JPG

Haha, even though now departed, I still love this thread! Never knew about 6ft either....now be a good chap a write a similar thread on Flintstones! ???

Happy Birthday Popeye!

I hope all you Popeye fans will be celebrating in style by dressing up as the man himself and playing a few games of pinball.

Pictures are required as proof!

Actually just read on pinside that to celebrate his 90th birthday ( he doesn't look a day older than 25) Chicago gaming have decided to do a PStER!!

A Popeye remake. Wow!

Spotted some hard to find parts on PSP Australia :thumbs: Haven't seen these elsewhere recently

Anyone know where you can get the paper stickers for the top of the machine as they are not too good on mine they aren't listed there. I ordered a 3D pluto head from an Aussie website on your recomendation but after completing the purchase Pay pal blocked it don't know why.

Spotted some hard to find parts on PSP Australia :thumbs: Haven't seen these elsewhere recently

I found they don’t tell the whole truth about NOS then blank you, happened very recently. Packaging was good though.
Good luck.

Was this a Popeye part ?
No it wasn’t, The Getaway diverter ramp. I did make a post about it the other week.
Just saying the bloke ain’t interested if there is a problem. In my experience anyway.
Spent about $600 Ausi with them.

View attachment 78914

I'm heading over to oz is a few weeks time if you want an address to send to. Might save some on postage and customs.

As mentioned above .......If you have a Popeye, or are ever looking at one ...something to check out is the Upper Deflector Assembly on the mini playfield.
There are 2 metal lane guides/dividers that are very important in guiding the ball to the correct opto switch. These are prone to weld failure over time and could be missing. Without them , guiding Popeye thru the maze to find Swee Pea will be made near on impossible.

Available at PSP in Australia AFAIK at present.

I have the part from a spare mini playfield if anyone ever needs one - it has one lane guide replaced on it, but its a good job been done on it.

Back
Top Bottom