What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Ghostbusters Pro £6350

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has had me going back to look at my last two for sale ads when I was listing machines. Before I even started to describe and break down the machines conditions I had added the below to both my listings,

Machine notes and Condition
( I see plenty machines here for sale, the condition descriptions seem to be all over the place at times and sometimes not listed. So, in my opinion I have listed the conditions on the scale - Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, Very Poor)

Machine notes and Condition

I see plenty machines here for sale, the condition descriptions seem to be all over the place at times and sometimes not listed. So, in my opinion I have listed the conditions on the scale - Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor, Very Poor. I am however very particular and fussy when it can come to describing the condition on stuff (something is not in excellent condition if it has the slightest mark on it), so viewing is always highly recommended.

Each time I was also told that I was being too harsh and pernickety when describing the machines. The old Time Machine at the time I had listed, I stated the overall condition as poor, as a result because of this I got an offer for 60% of asking price since I had listed it overall as poor condition. So it can be putting people of at times which may result in less interest.

However as has been said here previously if you are detailed in what you are selling the buyer is more than delighted with it, which has happened with me for both my sales.

There’s always one that comes up with this gem of a comment 🤦🏼‍♂️, I’ve no doubt but doesn’t make him right in this case does it.

My sincere apologies, I was only sharing my experience, sorry for that and any offence caused!

Chris.

For this reason I’ve always hired a van and collected my machines no matter who the seller or where they are in the UK. I did an 8 hour round trip for a machine earlier this year and I’ve gone further (Isle of man once) It’s just piece of mind for me. Not just to have the opportunity to check a machine over but I’m happier knowing that I can grab a machine and bring it home quick so its not sat in a couriers van or lockup for X amount of days / weeks where it is susceptible to damage.

Collecting yourself you also get to meet the seller and often have a bit of a chinwag about the hobby and sometimes even a brew and chance to play their other machines :)
Any condition discrepancies (if there are any) can be discussed there and then.

Whilst I appreciate some people don’t always have time for a road trip to collect a machine these machines cost serious money so I’d encourage anyone to make the time as it’s the safest way to buy - not only is it in your interest but also the sellers as to avoid any headaches down the road. Whenever I sell a machine I always welcome and try to encourage a face to face.

I hope you both manage to come to an amicable agreement on how to deal with the discrepancies …I’m sure you will.

Last edited:
This whole thread pretty much sums up why I can’t really be ****d to buy and sell unless I know the people. I guess it was inevitable as games got more and more expensive but one person’s fine is another’s unacceptable.

After reading the faults this is my own opinion on the matter if I were the seller OR the buyer.

Side rails
Not brilliant but probably let it go if amicable between both parties

Scoop protector
Unless specifically mentioned broken in the sale expect a replacement or financial resolution

Slimer
Unless specifically mentioned broken in the sale expect a replacement or financial resolution

Broken diverter

My 2p/oar.

For this reason I’ve always hired a van and collected my machines no matter who the seller or where they are in the UK. I did an 8 hour round trip for a machine earlier this year and I’ve gone further (Isle of man once) It’s just piece of mind for me. Not just to have the opportunity to check a machine over but I’m happier knowing that I can grab a machine and bring it home quick so its not sat in a couriers van or lockup for X amount of days / weeks where it is susceptible to damage.

Collecting yourself you also get to meet the seller and often have a bit of a chinwag about the hobby and sometimes even a brew and chance to play their other machines :)

Whilst I appreciate some people don’t always have time for a road trip to collect a machine these machines cost serious money so I’d encourage anyone to make the time as it’s the safest way to buy - not only is it in your interest but also the sellers as to avoid any headaches down the road. Whenever I sell a machine I always welcome and try to encourage a face to face.

I hope you both manage to come to an amicable agreement on how to deal with the discrepancies …I’m sure you will.
This totally, I’m not paying ?000’s for something from someone I don’t know unless I’ve seen it.
I wouldn’t do it for a car, house or any other big price purchase so certainly not a pinball.
I understand those who deal with people they have personally known for years and have a mutual trust , but not someone you have only known through messages/phone calls.
Besides, a road trip is all part of the experience and enjoyment for me.
My last one was driving up to Yorkshire on a sunny Saturday morning listening to War of the Worlds on my way to pick up an AFM 😂 loved it 😊

I didn’t think the GB was a bad price at 6k either,and I certainly don’t think you’ve been ‘done’ so just roll with the punches and enjoy it 😊

My sincere apologies, I was only sharing my experience, sorry for that and any offence caused!

Chris.
No offence at all, I just knew that comment was due soon from someone - it’s all good mate. It’s nice this has opened a discussion with out pitchforks and bans 👍😂

But only had low plays...

Nick is a good guy, sure he'll sort it.
Er actually extremely high plays but that was never an issue for me although the sales ad played it down the audits are still there to see, highest plays from any pin I’ve bought so far (but I had already told Nick play count doesn’t bother me)

I have always done that, probably picked up nearly 40 pins in the last few years. When you have driven 4,5,6 or 7 plus hours you just want to get back and you can miss things or you see things and the seller does a Scooby doo noise at you, also if you need reading glasses to see close up make sure you have them😂

I once drove to France from Newcastle to pick up 2 pins! They were rougher than described, but I was about £300 in at that point with van hire, petrol and ferry crossings so I bit the bullet and bought them anyway!

Way back when all pins were sub £1k I used to travel the length and breath of the Uk and on many many occasions the pins were a lot worse than described.
It’s actually very hard to drive away when you have drove 5hrs and 100s of miles and I found any reasonable seller would give a discount to reach an amicable solution to both parties.

Mind you back then we were taking in 100’s not 1000’s. The lot of us have totally lost the plot me included.

My view/2p on this is the game is an as is game and just cleaned, not restored. So there's a difference. Maybe the flippers should have been all changed but i'm sure nick will sort you out on those.

Also he did say he was away til 26th and going through some stuff. We never know what is going on in other peoples lives so just be patient and i'm sure he'll help you resolve all your problems. The reply seemed polite to me. Many people have bought and sold to nick over the years myself included, so i wouldn't be worried. It will get sorted. He is a good guy.

Okay - I think you have to:
1 - He is a moderator on here and trusted by a lot of people.
2 - Very good/mint/factory fresh etc are all people's personal views.
3 - Unless a game has been HUO in one place it is pretty unlikely it will be absolutely mint condition. It is approx 6/7 years old.
4 - Seller has offered to put stuff right, kudos to him. In my opinion, you have not offered him that chance. The game still plays, is 14 days going to make a difference? Wait until after the time Nick has said he is away until. If he is away on family business then the last thing going thru his mind is pinball.
5 - Everyone gets stuff wrong. We are human. Clearly he has.
6 - He may of not even logged on since your first post.

@Pick Holder The game doesn’t play as described, the condition isn’t as described, he’s very loosely offered to sort out the quick fixes, he’s ignored the other issues, he ignored my request to simply phone me to sort out, back to your 1st point - he’s a moderator on here, thought I could trust him 🤦🏼‍♂️ and on top of all these, he may well have not logged in but he’s acknowledged that things aren’t right but not reached out to me since, it’s really not that hard to be courteous.

@Pick Holder The game doesn’t play as described, the condition isn’t as described, he’s very loosely offered to sort out the quick fixes, he’s ignored the other issues, he ignored my request to simply phone me to sort out, back to your 1st point - he’s a moderator on here, thought I could trust him 🤦🏼‍♂️ and on top of all these, he may well have not logged in but he’s acknowledged that things aren’t right but not reached out to me since, it’s really not that hard to be courteous.
Dude. He's on a fing cruise. Wait till he's back and stop whining about something he's said he'll sort.

Dude. He's on a fing cruise. Wait till he's back and stop whining about something he's said he'll sort.

I have to agree with Phil on this...

If someone states they are away and apologizes, trying to shame them when they can't reply due to being in the middle of the sea is underhanded.

Locked, as Andy said he was fine above.
Let’s give the OP a chance to come back and follow up with Andy.

But I will state, even as a Admin, I do and will make mistakes because humans do. Judge folks on how they try to put them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom