What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Fully refurbished The Addams Family pinball machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704_181628_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_181628_Chrome.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 138
If you are asking £12.5K then you have to be prepared to go behind a fire proof wall.

Pinball Heaven recently put up an Addams to £16K - that has redecalled cab, colordmd, new playfield, so many new assemblies it is untrue, every coil changed, a proper 'glass' backglass, new topper, all new targets, new ramps, free delivery and a two year warranty.

If you have the money to splash out £12.5K then you will just pay the rest and get the PH one in my opinion.

Good luck with sale. But I do not think it will sell on here. I guess the market will decide.

I think it will be for sometime.
It’s not for me dave , it’s for a mate of mine ! He works on a banana boat as a entertainer … he just loves having his pants pulled down and his **** being slapped ! 🤪🤪🤪 this looks like just the job for him 😂😂😂

If only they had a lifetime plays meter back then….gotta be at least 100,000 judging by the pf wear?

@Ant-H take a close look.. maybe you can aspire to be as good as these guys https://retroleisure.co.uk/terminator-2-pinball-machine
I have just realised that these chaps run a business repairing, servicing, renovating and refurbishing pins 🤯

Just to be clear here, I played my first pinball machine in 2021. I recently fitted neon plastic protectors, Titan rubbers, a VUK building, LEDs, Bill Ung saucer lights (two of which seem to be broken - I need to look into that), flipper covers and custom art to this AFM. I also cleaned it with cleaning products, which I need to do again. I thought that was chicken s**t work compared to complex electrical fault finding or the playfield restoration I'm also currently struggling to do.

You will also notice that, although the cab is faded, the playfield is in remarkably good nick for a machine of this age - not all playfields of pins from the early/mid 1990s look like that Addams - that is not 'normal' wear.

AFM is one of the most desirable pins of its era.

So, if anyone Googles this thread and *is* considering paying £12.5k for this Addams, please bear all that in mind.

AFM 3.jpg

AFM 2.jpg

Attachments

• AFM 1.jpg
    AFM 1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 16
I'm on 28 years! 😂
I'm not sure how long I have been in and out the hobby, I do remember my first pin Jurassic Park £400
After all this rime I can still remember the guys name who I got it from, Chris Jackson, he had a small lock up and his dad fixed them from his home in Leeds.
I then started to buy games from the guy that did the pinball shows at the football ground.

I have just noticed this place selling the TAF is just up the road from me, it's all farms out that way, never heard of a company like this selling pins on my doorstep.

Anyone who pays that sort of money for an Addams needs their bumps testing . even an original Gold is not worth £ 12.500 why would it be , they made 20,000 AF machines and I think 2,000 AFG biggest selling machine of its time hence the AFG.

To jump on the band wagon of trying to say they are rare is a joke Cactus Canyon / Champion Pub they are rarer 903 / 1,200 ish I think ok there is a remake but its not an original .

Good luck with the sale I assume there is 20% VAT on this and on site warranty for anything that may go wrong.

Final point adverting on here at the same price as the Facebook advert is probably not the best idea in the world at least there are a few mug punters that might buy it on FB but would hazard a guess there is no one on here.

@VeeMonroe, what’s with the 2 round targets?

Your UFO lights, probably the solder has broken in the chain. They are very fragile
Yes, now you mention it, those aren’t original, are they? :oops: Probably should replace them with square targets like the ones on the sides. It arrived like that (as pins do) and I didn’t realise as it was symmetrical and looked a similar green, and all worked fine.

I thought the solder had probably broken on the saucer lights. I covered the inside of the saucers with so much electrical tape to stop a short that unwrapping it all is a bit of a futz, so I haven’t got around to working on that yet! I was going to unwrap the saucer, test the solder and get in touch with Bill if it wasn’t just a loose connection.

Anywaaaayyyyy. Sorry for the off-topic, folks. The point is that I’m a 100% rank amateur and can, not only do that work, but don’t regard it as a ‘full restore’ (‘cos it ain’t)…

PS anyone who has an addams who wants to add £ 4-£5 k to its price I have full led kits , rubbers and new balls you can buy for a fraction of that price just think of the profit :)

Oh and some miracle cleaner that would lift the all the dirt off the plastics etc with minimal effort

Mel

1stoppinball

PS anyone who has an addams who wants to add £ 4-£5 k to its price I have full led kits , rubbers and new balls you can buy for a fraction of that price just think of the profit :)

Oh and some miracle cleaner that would lift the all the dirt off the plastics etc with minimal effort

Mel

1stoppinball
I was going to say… If I thought I could charge £1k an hour for the work I did on our AFM, I’m ready to change career! Pinball repair, servicing and restoration - here we come!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom