What's new

Sold Fully refurbished The Addams Family pinball machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroleisure

Registered
Alias
stu
The Addams Family is a pinball machine released in March 1992. It was designed by Pat Lawlor and Larry DeMar and released by Midway (under the Bally label). It was based on the 1991 film of the same name and features custom speech (mostly derived from the motion picture) by the stars of the film, Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia. It is the best-selling solid state pinball machine of all time with 20,270 units sold.

This pinball has been fully serviced at Retro Leisure Midlands Ltd. This is a clean, fully working, beautiful machine that is ready to go today.

These are the main areas of the machine that have been restored or upgraded.

. Fully stripped to playfield, cleaned and rebuilt

. Playfield cleaned and polished.

. Playfield protector fitted.

. Full set of rubbers, (every single rubber not just the ones in the kit)

. Full set of warm led lamps and flashers

. Artwork for bookcase installed

. Artwork on things box added

. A trolly and bookcase over lamp, all addons are reversible.

. Gold Rom’s installed in mainboard and sound board for upgraded experience.

. Full set of New balls

. Replacement DMD and audio board have been fitted they are refurbished to keep the game original.

This has some wear on it as you would expect for a 30-year-old pinball, the photos are of this table and not stock photos. Please scrutinise the photos as they are a fair representation of the machine.

i have 48 MP copys of the photos they had to be downscaled to go on hear , if you would like larger pop us a line

offers around £12.500

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 279
  • s-l1600-1.png
    s-l1600-1.png
    652.7 KB · Views: 267
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 252
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 211
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 217
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 197
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 187
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 179
  • s-l1600-8.jpg
    s-l1600-8.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 180
  • s-l1600-9.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 196
  • s-l1600-10.jpg
    s-l1600-10.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 207
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 203
  • s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    574.8 KB · Views: 256
Why do we live in a society where that is full of keyboard warriors that cannot say anything positive about anything that anybody does and only look for the negatives . No wonder the world is turning into such a depressing place

Wanted: Addams family right slingshot plastic, cab decals, coin door & topper 😉
Yes all of the above could be fitted but my experience with replacement artwork and replacement plastics is they never look as good as the originals and once you remove the original part the machine is no longer original all of these bits that you mentioned could be fitted if whoever wanted the machine desired however it's not for us to decide what a customer may want I do a lot with classic vehicles and originality goes a long way

Why do we live in a society where that is full of keyboard warriors that cannot say anything positive about anything that anybody does and only look for the negatives . No wonder the world is turning into such a depressing place
It really isn’t like that mate. 99% of us on here are friendly helpful people. We are enthusiasts. Geeks.
But when you put something into the market grossly over priced and mis described it will provoke a reaction. There are no positive comments here because there really aren’t any!

Yes all of the above could be fitted but my experience with replacement artwork and replacement plastics is they never look as good as the originals and once you remove the original part the machine is no longer original all of these bits that you mentioned could be fitted if whoever wanted the machine desired however it's not for us to decide what a customer may want I do a lot with classic vehicles and originality goes a long way
Mate, I own seven pinball machines, including three Bally-Williams-era pins and a classic (80s) pin. I've owned three more pins in the past that I've sold.

You may wish to sell a clean machine with bits missing, but - having replaced broken plastics on three machines now - no one is willing to pay top dollar for something with bits broken and missing. An 'original' Addams for £12.5k is one where it wasn't routed or had limited plays and, thus, has reached 2023 with a barely-worn playfield and all the pieces intact. Such pins exist and command a price premium.

A 'mint restored' Addams is one where someone has done the very hard work of a massive restoration, including a playfield swap, new decals, and replacement plastics (a full set of which cost about £150). Again, there are people who will pay a premium price for something that looks like it came straight out of the factory, even if the bits aren't original. I'm personally one of those people.

I'm sorry, but having stripped down and fully cleaned an AFM, including fitting Titan rubbers, LEDs and multiple mods, and rebluing a ramp flap, that's a one-day job - even for an amateur (I played my first pin during lockdown in 2021). If that Addams was worth £6.5k before you did that job, even at a commercial rate, it's probably worth £6.8k now. I don't think you charge £1k an hour for your work.

Please stop advertising this stuff as if it's a big deal or a 'full restore'. It isn't. You're trying to rip people off 🤬🤬🤬

Addams rarely sell on here as we hard-core see it as over rated and being common those who do like it wait for the one we want. A cheapish ok workhorse like mine or priceyer restored.

If its the only one on ebay at the time ANY Addams will sell reasonably

Ps
Put a topper on. Game looks odd without it and they aren't expensive

Hi. My name's Dan and I'm a pinball mug. I over pay for everything. I set my heart on something and the head vanishes off to hide. Even I wouldn't pay this.

It's not that people want to be negative but this site, above all other UK pin sites, posseses the most exhaustive market knowledge and rightly considers what you are offering as overpriced.

We do have a 'what's my table worth' thread if you'd like an educated valuation of what you have.

violin-tiny.gif

There's lots of positive comments all over this forum. The problem here is that there's nothing positive to say given the context of the £12.5k asking price, which is frankly obscene for a machine in this sort of condition.

The only original Adams that's worth £12.5k is one that's been sat in its box since it was bought or sat in someone's house as home use only since new and played a couple of times a week. This is not that machine based upon the pics and description

A proper fully restored one that's a different matter any thing between £10k and £15k depending on who did it and what's been done. £15k is licked clean and everything replaced, better than new in the box £20k if it was done by @Ant-H 🙂😀

Trying to be constructive here.....

I think the most troubling thing about your advert is the description, not every game needs to be better than factory and we all have different opinions on what refurbished means, but most would agree all major parts need to be present and correct for a 'refurbished' game, at the very least.
Your right that replacement plastics vary in quality, but I'm sure you could find an original slingshot plastic and topper, from someone shopping out their own game with new.

You may think we are keyboard warriors, but you have to see this from our point of view, if someone with no experience buys this 13k, signs up here excited to show off their new refurbished game and subsequently gets told they have payed much more than the game is worth, it will leave a sour taste and they will likely be put off the hobby for ever, its happened a few times over the years.

Last edited:
Maybe replace "Fully Refurbished" with "Recently Serviced". and take £7k off your asking price. Just trying to be helpful and positive with my keyboard.
Yes, an Addams that is fully serviced and - thus - working properly, and correctly priced for condition, would be a treat for someone looking for a player's quality pin.

You’re right, those parts often look better than the originals and are expected when a pin is listed as ‘fully refurbished’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom