What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Cancelled 🤬

Grassroots off too although Gabe was only a sub he gutted. So off on mystery tour today which is Northumberland Zoo which has his fav animal the capybara which is basically a huge Rat.
Hope you have a good day Col.
I need to stop talking about this subject as its driving me mad.
I have 3 grandsons, 2 of which would have been playing this weekend.
It's criminal!

Yeah a strange one for me today missing out on my weekly 90 mins of abuse. No what game are you watching ref? That’s a f#*%ng disgrace ref, that’s assualt ref, that’s a stone Waller ref. 😂

Off to Edinburgh for drinks in the sunshine to get grief from the missus instead 😂😂

It’s weird what has been closed down. I’ve also had loads of emails from businesses trying to tell me how sad they are over the death as if that is going to spur me on to book certain restaurants or buy more Molton Brown.

Yesterday they announced the Bank of England were going to delay changing interest rates for a couple of weeks out of respect?!?

Some strikes have been cancelled but allegedly the journalists are still going on strike over the funeral weekend. I can see the owners of the Daily Mail etc crapping themselves over lost sales of their respectful souvenir special editions.

Big Brother is winning. See how used we are becoming to being locked down, controlled, having our incomes taken away ..

Is a shame - Was looking forward to handing Man City their first loss of the season.... :D

It’s weird what has been closed down. I’ve also had loads of emails from businesses trying to tell me how sad they are over the death as if that is going to spur me on to book certain restaurants or buy more Molton Brown.
Yeah, I've had so many emails from organisations either closing things or saying they're providing support services for people overcome with grief. Thing is, I've not actually met anyone, thus far, who is overcome with grief.

Most people I've met in the last 24 hours are either non-plussed or annoyed because something has shut... There's a lot of "Oh, did you know the Queen's dead?" "Yes." "It's a shame, isn't it? I thought she'd live forever." It's not exactly the mood of a country overcome with grief (or, at least, parents at school pickup at my son's inner London primary school are not overcome with grief).

I think @Paul really should have shut down Pinball Info out of respect. We can't tell mourn whilst arguing about prices of pinball machines

You can blame cancel culture for this, I don’t think any one actually wants to shut down or cancel events but are forced to otherwise they look disrespectful.

Last edited:
You can blame cancel culture for this, I don’t think any one actually wants to **** down or cancel events but are forced to otherwise they look disrespectful.

I think you're absolutely right about that. There was also a concern during the Premier League meeting yesterday that the football fans wouldn't be able to observes the silence and they knew that a minutes applause wouldn't work. They're terrified of how they'll be perceived.

@VeeMonroe . . . It's certainly not like that here. Then again I live between 3 institutions in Royal Berkshire (Windsor, Ascot & Sandhurst) so perhaps there's just more affection for the Queen here but I've seen a lot of people upset.

Also there are quite a few of my friends who's families originated in the East End (most are now in Essex) who have a lot of affection for the the Queen because of what she did post war.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting they'll not be able to function for 10 days due to mourning but I've seen a fair few tears and a bit of grief too. I've certainly not encountered the mass ambiguity and 'meh' attitude that you describe.

@VeeMonroe . . . It's certainly not like that here. Then again I live between 3 institutions in Royal Berkshire (Windsor, Ascot & Sandhurst) so perhaps there's just more affection for the Queen here but I've seen a lot of people upset.

Also there are quite a few of my friends who's families originated in the East End (most are now in Essex) who have a lot of affection for the the Queen because of what she did post war.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting they'll not be able to function for 10 days due to mourning but I've seen a fair few tears and a bit of grief too. I've certainly not encountered the mass ambiguity and 'meh' attitude that you describe.
Yes, my husband (who is dramatically more of a monarchist than I am) said that the response among parents at my son's school (including the mum I met for coffee yesterday) wouldn't be typical of the country as a whole. We're in inner SE London and 2/3rds of the kids at his school have English as an additional language. So, although the parents I spoke with expressed affection for the Queen, you're probably going to get more fervent patriotism elsewhere.

I've got to admit that the parents initiated the conversations about the Queen with me, and not vice versa, because I was worried I might meet some passionate monarchists and it might get uncomfortable.

Yes, my husband (who is dramatically more of a monarchist than I am) said that the response among parents at my son's school (including the mum I met for coffee yesterday) wouldn't be typical of the country as a whole. We're in inner SE London and 2/3rds of the kids at his school have English as an additional language. So, although the parents I spoke with expressed affection for the Queen, you're probably going to get more fervent patriotism elsewhere.

I've got to admit that the parents initiated the conversations about the Queen with me, and not vice versa, because I was worried I might meet some passionate monarchists and it might get uncomfortable.

Your husband is correct. I think we've witnessed over the last few years at various elections & referendums that London probably doesn't reflect the nations views as a whole. I'm also sure that's true of many cosmopolitan cities across the world.

All you can do is be respectful and swerve the issue.

We've pretty much frozen our work social media at the moment because it's feral. There are a lot of very upset pro-royal folk being goaded by anti-monarchists who are seizing an opportune moment to troll.

I've got a King Charles popularity meter in my head

Loved his mummy speech. Goes up 25%
Footie cancelled. Goes down 30% but mainly with blokes
Bank holiday for funeral. Goes up 20%
Locks Prince Paedo in thd tower. Goes up 200%

I've got a King Charles popularity meter in my head

Loved his mummy speech. Goes up 25%
Footie cancelled. Goes down 30% but mainly with blokes
Bank holiday for funeral. Goes up 20%
Locks Prince Paedo in thd tower. Goes up 200%
Lizz Truss will go up 200% on my meter if she ups the 40% tax bracket to 80k and cuts VAT in half to 10%

I just read an announcement from Man Utd saying their Thur Europa League fixture will be going ahead.

It hadn't even occurred to me that this nonesense might still be going on beyond this weekend but, thinking about it, if the funeral's on Mon 19th as suspected, then next weekend's fixtures could well be cancelled too...

Rugby has it right. Just been local game, 1 minutes silence

I just read an announcement from Man Utd saying their Thur Europa League fixture will be going ahead.

It hadn't even occurred to me that this nonesense might still be going on beyond this weekend but, thinking about it, if the funeral's on Mon 19th as suspected, then next weekend's fixtures could well be cancelled too...

Yeah, thank goodness for UEFA (which is not something I ever thought I'd utter 😂)

Without the midweek European schedule I'd be facing 2 calendar football weeks without wages

Back
Top Bottom