What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foo Fighters Announced

I trust this isn't the super skill shot still being lit...?

You can achieve a 6-way combo on the super skill shot so it could stay lit a lot longer than you might think.

Reactions: Jib
I trust this isn't the super skill shot still being lit...?

You can achieve a 6-way combo on the super skill shot so it could stay lit a lot longer than you might think.
Good thinking but no, unless it changes colour, which I don’t think it does? It’s always either white or Chicago blue if lit

I've experienced miss-behaving insert leds on Foo, GOTG and DP and each time it's been down to a dodgy connection at node board 8 or 9. The light boards are daisy chained off 2 connectors on one end of node 8 or 9. Re-seating those connectors usually fixes such issues at least for a little while but I've also had to re-crimp some pins to sort the problem. The connectors are CN2 and CN3 and are the opposite end of the board to the RJ45 socket. If that doesn't fix it move on to the connectors on the light boards themselves. Hope that helps.
Simple reseat of connectors seems to have solved the issue, thanks!

Think I’m going to have a break from Foo till 1.0 and see if I enjoy it again after some time away. I’m confirming more about what I like and don’t like in games in general which will hopefully help me make good decisions in the future.

Played a bit on 0.99 code, I really like the change to not having to requalify the mode if you run out of time or drain. It keeps the momentum of the game going, makes it less frustrating failing a mode and means I'm not as fixated on levelling up the van mods because completing the mode in one go isn't as important. I was getting bored of hitting the drops so much before. Small change, big difference for me.

Also I lowered my pitch to 6.5 but removed my replay extra ball to compensate, finding it much easier to hit the shots, especially the right ramp. I might try lower pitch but minus replay extra ball on my other machines and see what I think.

I think it’s a superb game with great flow and combos galore but a few things that are just plain odd. Area 51 MB - playfield goes way too dark when it starts, same when you collect the extra ball or use the action button - playfield goes dark. LCD screen could be a lot better to show progress, when you collect a VAN letter it pops up on the screen for literally a second.
Sonic Radio tuner (that shows progress on the screen) is tiny, took me a while to notice it.
Elvira for example had great use of the screen, a quick glance and you could clearly see your progress for a number of things, Foo Fighters has had me constantly reading the rules to get my head round all the things that aren’t obvious.
I love the first 2 ball MB - lock one of the balls, hit x2 jackpots with the other (or go for add-a-ball at the radio targets). Feels like a mini game/challenge rather than just keeping lots of balls in play.

Last edited:
I think it’s a superb game with great flow and combos galore but a few things that are just plain odd. Area 51 MB - playfield goes way too dark when it starts, same when you collect the extra ball or use the action button - playfield goes dark. LCD screen could be a lot better to show progress, when you collect a VAN letter it pops up on the screen for literally a second.
Sonic Radio tuner (that shows progress on the screen) is tiny, took me a while to notice it.
Elvira for example had great use of the screen, a quick glance and you could clearly see your progress for a number of things, Foo Fighters has had me constantly reading the rules to get my head round all the things that aren’t obvious.
I love the first 2 ball MB - lock one of the balls, hit x2 jackpots with the other (or go for add-a-ball at the radio targets). Feels like a mini game/challenge rather than just keeping lots of balls in play.
Agreed. I like playing with all the lights off and it goes dark too often, including the action button so I don't press it sometimes to avoid draining as I can't see.

On the LCD screen, there’s a UFO in the top left corner with a bar below it that fills up - does anyone know what this relates to at all?

I think it’s your progress on the captive ball/ boom button build up
But there’s also a score build up each time you hit it that it displays on the top left, any idea how you collect?

But there’s also a score build up each time you hit it that it displays on the top left, any idea how you collect?
I have to admit I hadn’t noticed, so unsure but tilt forums says

After advancing towards Area 51 multiball, the captive ball is lit for a UFO bonus that can be advanced by captive ball hits prior to scoring it, and multiplied by 2x if quickly shot via the upper flipper from the “reformatted” lane near it. Making this combo also adds +1 to the UFO captive ball progression regardless of any ongoing modes.

The rules are so unclear, it definitely shows an increasing score on the UFO regardless of if Area 51 MB is ready or not. It’s a few million too, wish I could work out how to cash it in.

I don’t think it means only if the mb is ready, just if you hit the right ramp and advance it on the pro

Trying it now 👍

…..just read your post again, I get it now.

Keep hitting captive ball to build the amount, right ramp then quick hit to captive ball to collect 👍
And I think… right ramp, cross over shot then captive ball gives you the multiplyer?

Reactions: Jib
That's how I understand it!

I'm terrible for the kind of side rules in games, I know how to progress to wizard modes but the other stuff I don't learn very well. I didn't even know this bit 'The captive ball cannot be advanced while any multiball mode is active, unless you shoot it immediately after a Left Crossover shot combo.' I just thought it couldn't be advanced in mb and if I did advance it I assumed it was from the mystery award. Maybe I should read rules lol

Last edited:
I agree, superb lay out. Great shots & super fast but the side rules are a bit non intuitive & the feedback on the screen could be way better.
Why on earth would the running total of the UFO jackpot just flash up with each hit rather then stay on screen the whole time 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
It’s one of the things I love about IMDN, keeping my eye on the Power jackpot then cashing it in when the playfield x3 is running.

Anyone on the fence about Davey’s @stumblor Area 51 mod check out the install and thoughts here. It’s also worth a watch if you in line to get one already.

So this week I was lucky enough to receive my Area 51 mod so I thought I’d share my experience fitting and show any lucky potential owners what to expect.

Spoiler Alert 🤩 😍

I would appreciate a like if you find any of it helpful 🙏

Anyone on the fence about Davey’s @stumblor Area 51 mod check out the install and thoughts here. It’s also worth a watch if you in line to get one already.

So this week I was lucky enough to receive my Area 51 mod so I thought I’d share my experience fitting and show any lucky potential owners what to expect.

Spoiler Alert 🤩 😍

I would appreciate a like if you find any of it helpful 🙏

You're the best mate, awesome video that will help users out massively. 🙏 VIva la FF ! Great game and quickly becoming one of my all time favourites. Farkin brutal too.

Just finished playing some games on Foo, can't believe I almost sold this game. I absolutely love it. It's now got more games on it than my GZ which I've had for a whole year more. Games are longer on GZ but still! I'm so glad they did the theme this way, I'm not sure it would be as engaging as just a music pin. Looking forward to seeing what JD does next!

Been borrowing a foo fighters for a charity event, which has given me the opportunity to play it without distractions. Enjoying the game, it's taken me a while (about an hour 🤭) to work out what your supposed to actually do. I haven't read the rule sheet.

There two things I still can't work out:

The little rev counter lights 3 in total above the shooter lane what the hell do they actually do? If I get them on a skill shot it does go f#### yeh!

How do you actually light the van, I'm thinking you collect the band members, but can't be sure.

Thanks

Been borrowing a foo fighters for a charity event, which has given me the opportunity to play it without distractions. Enjoying the game, it's taken me a while (about an hour 🤭) to work out what your supposed to actually do. I haven't read the rule sheet.

There two things I still can't work out:

The little rev counter lights 3 in total above the shooter lane what the hell do they actually do? If I get them on a skill shot it does go f#### yeh!

How do you actually light the van, I'm thinking you collect the band members, but can't be sure.

Thanks
That’s your playfield multiplier, need to light all 3.

Any 3 white shots will light the van

I have just been moving mine down a flight of stairs for being picked up by Martin. Safe to say it’s not wise doing that with a herniated disc 😂

Popped a disc in my back about 3 weeks ago and been hoping it would be better by now for moving the machine… nope haha.

Pain killers and rest now though!

Something very spooky today happened too! Ask Alexa to play 90s music while we were moving it down stairs… first Song “my hero” …. Very odd timing haha! Safe to say I will miss this game!

I have just been moving mine down a flight of stairs for being picked up by Martin. Safe to say it’s not wise doing that with a herniated disc 😂

Popped a disc in my back about 3 weeks ago and been hoping it would be better by now for moving the machine… nope haha.

Pain killers and rest now though!

Something very spooky today happened too! Ask Alexa to play 90s music while we were moving it down stairs… first Song “my hero” …. Very odd timing haha! Safe to say I will miss this game!
Not good, watch the back. Knackered mine just before xmas, only last week or so now up and about properly.

Martin due up in Fife soon ?

Back
Top Bottom