What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIXED Banzai Run GI blowing fuse with leds - Advice needed

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
Took delivery of my lovely shiney Banzai Run yesterday, grail pin for me so well chuffed. Its been fully leded but the left hand side GI is out and the fuse blows when replaced.

The leds did stay on for a few mins after changing the fuse before it blew again.

This is @lee riley old beautifully restored game, could a faulty led cause the issue or more likely a lamp holder? Whats the process to nail down the issue? The gi holders are stapled in and soldered to a wire braid so all a bit tricky under the bonnet.

Should I pop out all the gi led lamps then add them back in one by one till the fuse blows and replace that lamp holder? Any advice welcomed please!

Cheers,

Jon

I would pull the gi connector off the board first replace the fuse and see what happens if fuse ok rules out the board
Look at the leds and see if you can see anything obvious if not then remove them all and see if fuse blows then inspect the bulb holder s for any thing obvious then if not it’s the boring task of finding out which holder it is by de soldering them one at a time and metering them out

I would pull the gi connector off the board first replace the fuse and see what happens if fuse ok rules out the board
Look at the leds and see if you can see anything obvious if not then remove them all and see if fuse blows then inspect the bulb holder s for any thing obvious then if not it’s the boring task of finding out which holder it is by de soldering them one at a time and metering them out
Thanks Chris, appreciate the advice, I'll work through it and hopefully it's an easy fix

Thanks @CHRIS B PINBALLS i worked through it and it was a bent arm on one of the lamp holders that was making contact with the other part of the lampholder, unbent and all is well!

As some of you know I've been after a Banzai Run for years, just missed this when Lee had it up so was really chuffed when it came up again, thanks @Scott-W for being so patient as I desperately found the funds!

20240222_172327.jpg

Took delivery of my lovely shiney Banzai Run yesterday, grail pin for me so well chuffed. Its been fully leded but the left hand side GI is out and the fuse blows when replaced.

The leds did stay on for a few mins after changing the fuse before it blew again.

This is @lee riley old beautifully restored game, could a faulty led cause the issue or more likely a lamp holder? Whats the process to nail down the issue? The gi holders are stapled in and soldered to a wire braid so all a bit tricky under the bonnet.

Should I pop out all the gi led lamps then add them back in one by one till the fuse blows and replace that lamp holder? Any advice welcomed please!

Cheers,

Jon
Welcome to the BR club!!!

Totally brilliant pin!! Has a lot of oddities and unique features but keep me posted if you run into problems. Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom