What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 Abu Dhabi

my wife said she feels sorry for Suzie wolff,imagine what sort of mood Toto would be in when he gets home:D

There are 2 rules, you may not gain an advantage by leaving the track and you may not force a car off track. Both guilty and had they enforced one they'dhave to enforce the other so Lewis would have to give the place back and then Ver would have been given a 5 second penalty. Better to have Ham lose the advantage and let it be racing.

i hear you, problem is that i do no not trust their interpretation of the rules as they change repeatedly.
if you have 3 World champions and a long standing commentator saying Lewis has to give back the place, even after watching several replays, I think we can at least agree there is something wrong.
The facts are it is run like WWF, the truth doesn’t really matter, just enjoy the pantomime

touring cars .... Reminds me of this season.... Classic touring cars, Group 1 Pre 83, BBC got that wrong in video

Amazing how they made him look good, started back of the grid, with us lesser powered cars, and best footage is when he was being lapped...

But saying that, it happen to be in my novice years
Did someone mention Top Gear??

I liberated this about 16yrs ago. Probably going on eBay shortly!

2BCC47A9-6B05-478F-9673-D4FE232309FC.jpeg

E382AB9A-02C5-4405-8277-0CD6B054C49A.jpeg

3EBC388D-E53D-44A2-8D21-4588470B7E3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Loved that engine, had a P6 3500s when I was 19. Bolted on a 4 barrel Holley, also fitted a 5 speed box and engine out of an ex police Rover SDi😎
Petrol was so cheap then and so was the car, I just had it resprayed😎

Attachments

• 47D9B280-E559-45C0-82D0-EB189E096F01.jpeg
    47D9B280-E559-45C0-82D0-EB189E096F01.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 894B8F12-D7F5-474E-99EB-04EB2D02CFAC.jpeg
    894B8F12-D7F5-474E-99EB-04EB2D02CFAC.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 6
Swings and roundabouts this season.

Lewis should have had a much harsher penalty for Copse, I thought it was pretty much 50/50 in Monza where Max was punished
Max was over the line in Brazil and should have been penalised, I didn't really understand the collision at Saudi - if Max genuinely brake checked him that's all sorts of out of order and a fairly hefty penalty should have been doled out, but what I didn't understand is why Lewis didn't just take the position - he's told to slow and let you past when suits within a couple of laps, not let you past in the way best for the competitor.

Saudi was a mess, Spa was a shame (but I understand why they didn't run it as no-one wants a replay of Japan and someone getting killed and as there was so little grip it wouldn't really have been skill as much as it'd have been luck and waiting for the inevitable accident and it could have been a huge one)

They need to bring back gravel/grass - track limits are only an issue where it's possible to exceed them and carry on.

This was better than a SC finish, and the way I saw it is the luck of the racing gods - Lewis could have pitted, lost track position and covered off the risk, on the same tyres he was faster than Max, yes he'd have had to work for it I suspect he'd have caught Max but by staying out they rolled the dice.
SCs etc happen, sometimes they work for you, sometimes they don't and that's part of the game, it could have happened 2 laps earlier, or 2 laps later or it could have not happened at all and in all those circumstances Lewis would have won, but it happened when it happened and he didn't. So many races have been won or lost based on cheap/free stop under a SC or VSC - Bottas I think lost a couple this year based on unlucky SC timing and another with a stuck wheel nut - that's racing.
It's luck for Max this year that won it in the end, but it was luck of another type that won Lewis 2008 (and lost him 2007, and a run of it that arguably lost him 2016).

Some you win, some you loose - Max was very unlucky a few times earlier in the year - that tyre failure at Baku for example had that not happened he'd have the championship done in Saudi.
Both have had some stunning performances this year - Max at Austin, Lewis in Brazil are the standouts in my mind, stella drives - both of them look to be in a different class at the moment- they were 20+ seconds up the road from the rest of the field in the last few races.

They need to IMO:
Ditch the car park tracks like Paul Ricard (they can get rid of Barcelona, Abu Dhabi while they're at it :D )
Re-introduce gravel/grass to stop this he pushed me wide stuff.
Go away and think about the rules and enforce them 100% equally
Stop this nonsense of the teams being able to contact race-control - Toto telling Massi not to throw a SC is bang out of order, his primary role is to keep it safe - we've seen the results of not throwing a SC or Red Flag and having marshals and equipment on a live track in the past
Being a little more bold on wet races, I think Spa was probably the right call this year, but having them drive round the SC in a drizzle is a dull
Hopefully the 2022 tyre and aero changes will mix it up a bit and they can then ditch the DRS which would dispense with the sorts of issues we saw in Saudi - if there's no DRS line, then there is no issue.
Re-Fueling would be good from a spectators point of view, but I know none of the teams want it.
Sort something out around the grid penalties for engines and gear boxes, I know why they do it but I still don't like the impact it has.

Good year for Norris and McLaren and was nice to see Riccardo get the win in Monza, looking forward to Russell at Merc next year, hopefully Ferrari can up their car a bit as both drivers are doing a solid job would be nice to see the Astons and Williams moving forward up the grid.
Perez found his feet at RB and has done a solid job I'd say, was great to see him on the podium in Mexico.
I think Gasly deserves some serious credit from this year too, got consistently good results and a (luck induced) win from a car doesn't have the performance in it, I think his win was my high point of the season with Riccardo's a close second.
Heartbreak of the year had to be Norris in Russia was gutted for him

Personally I'm happy with the result overall, a split of the drivers and constructors seems like a fair end to the season.

On to 2022 :)

Back
Top Bottom