What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 Abu Dhabi

Big fix. Took the enjoyment off of what was a great race... If we just decided to make rules up as we go, how would everyone feel?

Big fix. Took the enjoyment off of what was a great race... If we just decided to make rules up as we go, how would everyone feel?
Robbed. You can't just ignore the rules to enable the race to be finished without a safety car. It should have finished under a safety car, which race it was in the Season has nothing to do with it.

How did Hamilton get away with not having to give the place back ?

paul is right big con 😂

Unconfirmed Reports are on sky news that Neil has had to have a lie down

I’m not a fan of max or Lewis, so I’m neutral
But it’s been a thrilling season, and long overdue
Roll on next year, when I have a local lad ( George) in a fast car to cheer on

How did Hamilton get away with not having to give the place back ?

There are 2 rules, you may not gain an advantage by leaving the track and you may not force a car off track. Both guilty and had they enforced one they'dhave to enforce the other so Lewis would have to give the place back and then Ver would have been given a 5 second penalty. Better to have Ham lose the advantage and let it be racing.
For such a technical sport, to change the rules with one lap of the season left is ridiculous.
The biggest thing here for me is that Masi changed his decision seemingly after a call from Red Bull. What he should have done is to red flag immediately but then they'd both have got new tyres. Does smack of them wanting a new WC and being more worried about the TV than the rules.
The result stands as the first appeal is rejected, don't know so much about the second. Reckon that'd have to be dealt with by the FIA in court. Either way Masi should resign as he's done nothing consistent;y all year.
I was ambivalent as to which won but I do feel Lewis was ultimatey robbed as the clearly out raced Max today.

Ridiculous situation where if there is a safety car where you may or may not benefit that you don’t have to overtake those at the back that were in front of you after it goes in, disappointing finale

Everyone involved made an absolute fortune. Many of them are tax exiles living by different rules to the rest of us. Formula 1 has never been "fair".

Bigger problems in the world right now to worry about.

touring cars .... Reminds me of this season.... Classic touring cars, Group 1 Pre 83, BBC got that wrong in video

Amazing how they made him look good, started back of the grid, with us lesser powered cars, and best footage is when he was being lapped...

But saying that, it happen to be in my novice years

One bit I didn't understand was why Hamilton didn't pit (like verstappen did) when the safety car was out. Was he not allowed to? But then why was verstappen allowed to?
On new soft tyres Hamilton would have won.

I feel sorry for both drivers. Michael Masi has ruined the sport and effectively decided the Championship with his appalling decision. Verstappen was all but out of contention when the accident happened as he didn't have the pace. Masi then gifted the win to Verstappen by ignoring the rules! Definitely not the right decision. Michael Masi needs to be replaced for 2022. Also think is was unfair on the three lapped drivers that were not allowed to un-lap themselves as they had no chance to make up places on the restart.

Last edited:
One bit I didn't understand was why Hamilton didn't pit (like verstappen did) when the safety car was out. Was he not allowed to? But then why was verstappen allowed to?
On new soft tyres Hamilton would have won.
If he had pitted first the verstappen could have stayed out and taken the lead. but mercedes’ should have figured that was worth the risk as hamilton would have caught him on faster tyres

Back
Top Bottom