What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz

You seem nice.

Rather than let a guy know that his knee jerk reaction to sell, after being seriously out of pocket for replacing faulty boards, is at a price that's potentially thousands below what he could get for it ... you and others would rather just fall on it like a pack of wolves, then potentially sell it the next day for a few grand quick profit ... no doubt after expressing sorrow or dismay at his situation? The price isn't a deal, it would literally be a steal ... especially given the seller's situation.

He should keep the game. He likes it, revised boards don't fail AFAIK, he's very unlikely to ever be able to replace it for a similar price (save an act of charity), and if the boards fail again soon then JJP are obligated to replace them. If he decides he still wants to sell it in a month or two, just stick it on one of the continental forums at €9k and it will likely immediately sell.

First of all, I have no interest in buying this game whatsoever thank you very much!

And secondly, Robert is a big boy and can make his own decisions. He knows how much he paid for the game as he only bought it a few weeks ago! Therefore I'm sure he knows how much he wants for it.

Oh, and I am nice. Thank you very much for noticing. :p

Dude?! Robert might be newish to the forum but isn't an idiot. Drop vat from any private resale and 6k isn't off the mark. Its cool you're looking out for him and offering options but the dig at people who would buy something at the asking price seems a bit unnecessary.....unless aimed at the dealers on here.....who can lick my bits tbh!

They sell for the prices I quoted in private listings.

I've never seen a used WOZ ECLE listed for sale by a retailer in Europe in the last 12 plus months.

First of all, I have no interest in buying this game whatsoever thank you very much!

And secondly, Robert is a big boy and can make his own decisions. He knows how much he paid for the game as he only bought it a few weeks ago! Therefore I'm sure he knows how much he wants for it.

Oh, and I am nice. Thank you very much for noticing. :p

He's had a bad experience though ... no reason to add to it. If he really wants to sell (despite loving the game), then at least do so at a price that's easily achievable and would somewhat make up for recent expenditure of money and more to the point time.

For the buyer, perhaps. Not the seller .... and not thousands worth.
As another WOZ owner maybe you are seeing it through an 'owners' eyes?

And to Robert, it's horrible when this kind of stuff happens as games are there to be enjoyed so when they cause stress, it's ****. Hope you are happy with the eventual outcome:)

Sorry @ducks but it just doesn't sit right with me. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If we all start piping up in for sale threads for games that we also own and start pumping up the prices then this hobby is going to get even more pricey than it already is. :eek::eek:

As another WOZ owner maybe you are seeing it through an 'owners' eyes?

I know what they sell for. I've no intention of selling mine, as far as I'm concerned it's the best game that's been made (that I've played), so I'm not worried about diminution of value due to low sale price ... especially when they routinely sell for far more just across the water.

I even said I'd potentially take it (though for more than £6k - it's just too low) to put in a family or second home ... so that's how little interest I have in selling.

Sorry @ducks but it just doesn't sit right with me. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If we all start piping up in for sale threads for games that we also own and start pumping up the prices then this hobby is going to get even more pricey than it already is. :eek::eek:

I don't and haven't commented in the past. Indeed, I've never seen any prices on here that seemed hugely out of whack in the year I've followed the For Sale threads .. this is just a situation where someone has had an extremely ****ty time, and is selling because he fears further losses, but is potentially compounding losses by a very large sum.

Bloody hell, I genuinely thought it was about 5-10% over priced based on other similar sales! But had dismissed it given the recent time and money spent.

Just goes to show I know duck all.

Last edited:
Would it be worth you paying the 600 dollar to get all boards replaced - others would be spares. Would save the new owner the bother of doing it - does the new owner have entitlement to the upgrade? Does the upgrade apply to the owner or does it go with the machine ?
Tempted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys, this is a for sale thread for a high value item for someone who needs to sell it. Shall we get back on track?
Good luck with the sale Robert, it is out of my price range so am out.

Would it be worth you paying the 600 dollar to get all boards replaced - others would be spares. Would save the new owner the bother of doing it - does the new owner have entitlement to the upgrade? Does the upgrade apply to the owner or does it go with the machine ?
Tempted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spent £700 on getting just 5 boards, which you could say is my fault, but Victor at JJP only told me about the $600 full set exchange after I placed a order with Phil and JJP
And the reason I orderd from Phil first is that I had no idea I could order direct from JJP and anyway Phil was cheaper as I ended up paying more in shipping and customs direct from JJP.
Not sure what you mean about the upgrade, anybody can buy the boards, if you go for full set you have to send your old ones back.

Looks like I have 4 offers, I will PM members in the order they came in starting with Clive

Many Thanks

I actually thought it was a tad over priced too. Least it will keep the dealers away as by the time you add vat you'd be as well with a new one..

Last edited:
I actually thought it was a tad over priced too. Least it would keep the dealers away as by the time you add vat you would be as well with a new one..

£6000 x 1.20 = £7200

New Ruby Red, which is equivalent to ECLE, albeit no longer limited, without the snazzy wooden apron and with normal cabinet decals instead of the screen printed cabinet.

= £8995.

AFAIK that's from existing stock. I'd imagine it'll be raised to above the £9500 for Dialled In for new orders, as JJP sell WOZ RR for $500 more than DI LE, direct.

Even if you're to ignore what I say about pricing of used examples, it's still very cheap factoring in the above.

Sold my EMCLE for £5300 and still hate myself to this day for that...
Woz is as awesome machine and when you have one in your collection it makes all other pins look and feel dated and crap. Love wiz
Good luck with the sale dude

Reactions: JT.
Yes I do, and please click the report post icon about that .... but in this thread all I see is bias from all sides and especially from you. Guys please everyone just leave it alone.

Ok, happy?

These markets are by their nature caveat emptor, so do not require nor should they need forum members warning about high prices in classified ads, under normal circumstances, and indeed the rule against it is presumably to protect the seller from being jumped on by a self interested mob.

The seller however in this case seems to be selling based on an emotional response, and existing losses, and stands to potentially make a bad situation worse and regret it.

My posting leads to no-one losing except perhaps people who wanted to jump all over it due to the huge discount ... but it seems the market was poorly informed as no-one did until I posted ... and I doubt you or anyone really thinks that I'm in cahoots with the seller. Even if someone pays £1k more than asking price, they still got a great deal, so everyone wins.

Woz is as awesome machine and when you have one in your collection it makes all other pins look and feel dated and crap. Love wiz

I felt this as soon as I played one at the show, even the new Sterns felt old and tired, you must of lost more money than I am at that price, why did you sell it so cheap ?

Prices have increased vastly since WOZ was first announced, how much did the LE buyers pay originally, less than 6k I think? I know that The Hobbit LE was 6k when first preordered. But that was when the exchange rate was more favourable, and several years of pinflation have come and gone since then.

£5300 doesn't seem that cheap for a used machine that probably didn't cost that much more new.

What machines have sold for in the past is irrelevant really, today's market is so much different.

These markets are by their nature caveat emptor, so do not require nor should they need forum members warning about high prices in classified ads, under normal circumstances, and indeed the rule against it is presumably to protect the seller from being jumped on by a self interested mob.

The seller however in this case seems to be selling based on an emotional response, and existing losses, and stands to potentially make a bad situation worse and regret it.

My posting leads to no-one losing except perhaps people who wanted to jump all over it due to the huge discount ... but it seems the market was poorly informed as no-one did until I posted ... and I doubt you or anyone really thinks that I'm in cahoots with the seller. Even if someone pays £1k more than asking price, they still got a great deal, so everyone wins.
Just send him a pm if you are that concerned :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Aye, sold mine for £5250

Ducks is off the mark, no chance this would sell for €9k in the uk. Someone is trying to drive the value of their game up :p

Prices have increased vastly since WOZ was first announced, how much did the LE buyers pay originally, less than 6k I think? I know that The Hobbit LE was 6k when first preordered. But that was when the exchange rate was more favourable, and several years of pinflation have come and gone since then.

£5300 doesn't seem that cheap for a used machine that probably didn't cost that much more new.

What machines have sold for in the past is irrelevant really, today's market is so much different.

They were £6500 at pre order

Its 3 years old, so I expect that is the reason, but they knew all about the boards, they should of sent every owner a free full set which is still what I believe and this plays a big part if why I want to move it on as just feel let down by JJP , I would of invested in other JJP titles, but not now.
Im not trying to just pass the problems on as have spent £700 and it could be fine for years, or when a board goes its going to cost you £150 for the big ones and £30 for small.
Or $600 and replace the lot and this is what JJP should of done with the original owner in the first 12 months when everybody would of been covered.

It could be up to six years old (and in some cases longer) and they still have to pony up. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE biggest mistake I've ever made was selling my WOZ....

I lost all interest in pinball the day it left my house, and if it was ever available to buy again I would in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom