What's new

Sold Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz

R

robertlucas1970

I have decided to sell my WoZ, this really is the best game I have played, I do like it.
I have just replaced 5 light boards, the Woz8 board under the castle, the Woz 5 board and 3 of the small single GI boards, this cost me £700, had some from Phil and one from JJP direct.
Its for this reason I am not going to keep the pin, just worried about the future cost of repairs.
I have been told by adding the new light boards that have buffers fitted this will help the other boards.
Also after I had the new boards from Phil and JJP I was then told I could of had a full set for $600 from JJP, if I knew this at the time I would of done that and kept the pin.
Anyway its in great condition and is now fully working again, I cant see any scratches or scuffs anywhere.

If I cant get £6k then I will just keep it as it cost me more than that in the deal I did and then with the cost of the boards.
Collection from Shrewsbury or can use Martin who has been here a few times now.
Cash only on this one please, no trades............

Many Thanks

20161029_093633.jpg
20161029_094620.jpg
20161029_093641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey that didn't stay around for long? I see it's on the bay

i.ebayimg.com_images_g_3QoAAOSwXeJYFGDL_s_l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Wizard Of Oz Pinball

Would a picture with the backbox display working maybe help? But I'm sure most people know what this is?
Good luck with the sale

Early 5v light boards can fail, they then changed them to 7v and these failed too.
They now fit a buffer to each light board which has done the job, so the new boards I have fitted have buffers, so in total there are 7 boards in this pin that have the buffers fitted, the rest are standard.
Small light boards are £30 and the big ones £150
Or what I should of done is just replace the lot at $600 and you also have to send you old ones back to JJP in that deal.

I appreciate your honesty with the backstory and reason for sale. What's the warranty on the new boards? Is the newer design as prone to failure, or does it solve everything? I have a strange unexplainable urge to own a JJP game, but Hobbit fills me with total and utter boredom. This theme hardly sets my soul alight either, but these itches can be hard to scratch!

Edit - seen the answer above, so how many boards are left that could need swapping out?

I have talked to Victor at JJP and he said the new boards solve the problem and are covered under warranty.
I had no intention of ever getting a JJP, it was only after playing it at the show I just thought it was great, even now I dont think I have played anything I enjoyed as much, love all the light shows, the way you get a chance to save the ball, its the only pin the wife played and would keep playing.

Is it an LE ? If so I think you should mention it in the title mate.

I have replaced W5 , W8 and 3 of the small ones 12,13,15
W6 has a buffer fitted, so somebody else has replaced that one

Untitled.jpg

I will get some more pics, but pretty sure its all perfect, I am still pretty new to this pin, dont think I have had it a month yet and for 2 weeks it was left off while I was waiting for parts.
Not sure where the wear spots are, but I cant see any, it all still looks like new to me.

Why wasn't this covered ubder warranty?

Even if the warranty had expired EU sales of goods require that a product be fit for the purpose it was sold under - this is a clear known fault and thus you shouldn't have had to pay anything.

Neil

Why wasn't this covered ubder warranty?

Even if the warranty had expired EU sales of goods require that a product be fit for the purpose it was sold under - this is a clear known fault and thus you shouldn't have had to pay anything.

Neil

Its 3 years old, so I expect that is the reason, but they knew all about the boards, they should of sent every owner a free full set which is still what I believe and this plays a big part if why I want to move it on as just feel let down by JJP , I would of invested in other JJP titles, but not now.
Im not trying to just pass the problems on as have spent £700 and it could be fine for years, or when a board goes its going to cost you £150 for the big ones and £30 for small.
Or $600 and replace the lot and this is what JJP should of done with the original owner in the first 12 months when everybody would of been covered.

Its 3 years old, so I expect that is the reason, but they knew all about the boards, they should of sent every owner a free full set which is still what I believe and this plays a big part if why I want to move it on as just feel let down by JJP , I would of invested in other JJP titles, but not now.
Im not trying to just pass the problems on as have spent £700 and it could be fine for years, or when a board goes its going to cost you £150 for the big ones and £30 for small.
Or $600 and replace the lot and this is what JJP should of done with the original owner in the first 12 months when everybody would of been covered.
Guessing nobody has pursued him with a legal challenge?

Favourite game I've owned

Sorry you got shafted replacing a few of the boards instead of the whole lot

Favourite game I've owned

Sorry you got shafted replacing a few of the boards instead of the whole lot

Its great game, just had a hour on it trying to get fireball multiball, got the yellow brick road lit, fireball mutiball was lit, but could not see what I had to get next.

Reactions: JT.
You can get way more than £6k for this.

Going price on the continent for ECLEs is €9300 -10000 depending on condition and modding.

Your primary motivation for selling is financial, not wanting to lose money, but you're trying to sell it for thousands off its saleable value ...

Up to you, but I'd keep it (revised boards don't fail AFAIK), or at least jack it up to minimum €9300 and advertise it on continental forums if no-one here bites.

If I hadn't already imported one, I'd bite your hand off at this price.

You do realise the standard is priced at £8k NIB now? A Dialed In LE will probably go for well North of £10k with the falling £, by the time it launches ... and it's practically half the game.

Its great game, just had a hour on it trying to get fireball multiball, got the yellow brick road lit, fireball mutiball was lit, but could not see what I had to get next.

Fireball isn't a multiball, but it is one of the prerequisites for melt the witch and somewhere over the rainbow. just shoot the witch once it's qualified.

If you sell via ebay and one of the light boards fails within a short time frame you might be in for a world of grief. Ebay/Paypal usually always side with the buyer.

Last edited:
Price must be about right as it took a few hours for a pm. if stuff is under priced it flies off here In minutes. however with recent price hikes and weak pound seems a lot of pin for the money. theme still leaves me cold unfortunately but it's a lovely looking machine

Well that's a new one on me. Telling someone to sell their game for more money! :hmm:

I'm sure everyone that is interested in buying this is thrilled with your contribution to this thread. :eek:

You seem nice.

Rather than let a guy know that his knee jerk reaction to sell, after being seriously out of pocket for replacing faulty boards, is at a price that's potentially thousands below what he could get for it ... you and others would rather just fall on it like a pack of wolves, then potentially sell it the next day for a few grand quick profit ... no doubt after expressing sorrow or dismay at his situation? The price isn't a deal, it would literally be a steal ... especially given the seller's situation.

He should keep the game. He likes it, revised boards don't fail AFAIK, he's very unlikely to ever be able to replace it for a similar price (save an act of charity), and if the boards fail again soon then JJP are obligated to replace them. If he decides he still wants to sell it in a month or two, just stick it on one of the continental forums at €9k and it will likely immediately sell.

It's a shame when this kind of thing happens to dampen enjoyment of a game. Very poor design.

Price is always relative.

Usually when a game is priced too low it is gone in minutes. Seems like he has it at a price that is getting interest.

Selling to Europe carries it's own risks and hassles.

Thanks for all the info and advice, I seem to be rocking the boat every time I post on here these days :)
Please play nice :)

... you and others would rather just fall on it like a pack of wolves, then potentially sell it the next day for a few grand quick profit ... no doubt after expressing sorrow or dismay at his situation? .

Dude?! Robert might be newish to the forum but isn't an idiot. Drop vat from any private resale and 6k isn't off the mark. Its cool you're looking out for him and offering options but the dig at people who would buy something at the asking price seems a bit unnecessary.....unless aimed at the dealers on here.....who can lick my bits tbh!

Back
Top Bottom