What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBay rudeness

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Dear Ebay Purchaser

If you buy something from me and it clearly states 'Posted within 2 working days '............ Don't then send me a narky message after 12 hours demanding to know when it will be posted because you *need* it, with no greeting, no please or thankyou.

Because whilst I don't give a f*ck about how soon you need it, I do give a f*ck about good old fashioned manners.

Item no longer for sale. Refunded.

So many idiots around these days.

Sgt GrizZ in a f*ck you Friday mood.

:)

Once had a guy say to me 'because you haven't stated how soon you need payment (after clicking BIN) I'll send it at the end of the month when I get paid' (this was 3 or 4 weeks later). I advised wasn't operating a credit agency and that he's now stopped other people from buying it. His response 'you need to consider the needs of your customers'. He never got the item.

Another tried to get postage cheaper after winning, quibbling what he could send it for, the method of which only gave me more hassle. He never got the item either, I sold it for less money to the second to last bidder.

It's the only way. Some delusional people of this world think they are 'owed' these kind of things.

Text speak grinds my gears... no "Good day my fine fellow, I was wondering (blah, blah). Oh no, its.
M8 U GOTTA BIN

And not even a question mark for funky sake... grrrr. Eejits.

I advertised a load of magazines. I clearly stated that I didn't combine postage, mainly because they were already all packaged up and ready for sending. Just a case of slapping a label on and sticking them in the post.

A guy won 5 of them on eBay and then asked if i'd combine postage and got shirty with me when I refused. He accused me of trying to scam money on the postage side. See to recall I was charging about £1 per magazine which considering I was shipping them in jiffy bags I felt was pretty reasonable (you don't get much change from £1 after a jiffy bag and a first class stamp).

I don't tend to use eBay for selling any more. Too many chancers.

I love eBay,

One of the best things to happen on the internet,

You all appear to have used it a lot :D

chill and spread the love

once I had a buyer say that I got royal mail to deliberately deliver when she was at work and leave a card,so she had to go to the sorting office which was 5 miles away!she was asking me to refund the petrol money to cover the trip

not ebay but I was selling my 62 Chevy lowrider. Guy came over in a H2 Hummer. we went for a drive but he lowballed an offer to me. I declined. He then asked for petrol money for his trouble.
I laughed in his face. Chancers all over I'm afraid. The "dont ask dont get fraternity"

Buying stuff on eBay is usually hassle free. Selling stuff is an absolute nightmare. Hundreds of idiotic questions constantly popping up on your phone that could easily be answered with a quick Google search e.g. "Where about's is your town?". And the chancers with their ridiculous offers on Buy It Now items....aaargh. "Would you accept £30 for that £120 item?". I can't even imagine how much hassle it would be to try selling a pinball machine or a car on there.

I advertised a load of magazines. I clearly stated that I didn't combine postage, mainly because they were already all packaged up and ready for sending. Just a case of slapping a label on and sticking them in the post.

A guy won 5 of them on eBay and then asked if i'd combine postage and got shirty with me when I refused. He accused me of trying to scam money on the postage side. See to recall I was charging about £1 per magazine which considering I was shipping them in jiffy bags I felt was pretty reasonable (you don't get much change from £1 after a jiffy bag and a first class stamp).

I don't tend to use eBay for selling any more. Too many chancers.

Sold your razzle collection?

Reactions: JT.
I just get fed up with the stupid questions that everyones mentioned already, sold a pine unit once and gave all the dimensions in the listing, next thing:

"Will this fit into a [Model of car?]"

I don't bloody know! I gave you the dimensions, you measure it you thick idiot!

Reactions: JMP
I sold a Korg Electribe EMX-1 sequencer on eBay. It uses two valves in the amplifier circuit to provide old school overdrive/distortion. I had replaced the stock valves with a much more expensive, matched pair that massively improves it. A guy asked for £50 off because the valves weren't stock (even though I was including the original valves in the sale).
I wasn't very 'customer focused' in my reply. :rolleyes:

I just get fed up with the stupid questions that everyones mentioned already, sold a pine unit once and gave all the dimensions in the listing, next thing:

"Will this fit into a [Model of car?]"

I don't bloody know! I gave you the dimensions, you measure it you thick idiot!
That reminds of catching a bus home from work a few years ago. The bus pulls up to the stand in the bus station, the masses shuffle forward and a guy comes up to me and says "is this our bus ?"
How the *$€* do I know if it's his bus ? I don't know where he lives !

That reminds of catching a bus home from work a few years ago. The bus pulls up to the stand in the bus station, the masses shuffle forward and a guy comes up to me and says "is this our bus ?"
How the *$€* do I know if it's his bus ? I don't know where he lives !

Should have just said "Yes" and watched the fireworks.

Ebay is not what it was.

Selling on there is now russian roulette. I recently sold a wardrobe. The buyer could not speak English. Insisted on a weekend collection. Did not show. Does not respond to emails

Most ebayers are sound, pleasant folk. But the number of bad buyers is getting out of hand

Ebay is not what it was.

Selling on there is now russian roulette. I recently sold a wardrobe. The buyer could not speak English. Insisted on a weekend collection. Did not show. Does not respond to emails

Most ebayers are sound, pleasant folk. But the number of bad buyers is getting out of hand

Ebay is not what it was.

Here's another echo - recently 'sold' a TV only to have a non payer say that he didn't realise it was collection only.

'collection only' in the postage terms.

'collection only' at the start of item description.

'collection only' at end of description.

What part of 'collection only' did this dimwit not understand ?????

The world is full of idiots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sold a Korg Electribe EMX-1 sequencer on eBay. It uses two valves in the amplifier circuit to provide old school overdrive/distortion. I had replaced the stock valves with a much more expensive, matched pair that massively improves it. A guy asked for £50 off because the valves weren't stock (even though I was including the original valves in the sale).
I wasn't very 'customer focused' in my reply. :rolleyes:

That sounds like what I term an 'Originazi', the sort who think your car/boat/pin/whatever should be totally as original.

Yeh, I thought you were pretty anti-social when you did that. You could have tapped me on the shoulder and told me it was our stop!!:(:tut::confused:
I would have done had I known it was your stop. :D

Back
Top Bottom