What's new

Dutch Pinball quality.

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
In the past few weeks I have delivered and set up some TBL games by Dutch Pinball.

I must say that the build quality on these games I would say is the best on the market.

First of all the actual boxing and packing is excellent. On a decent pallet.

Full plywood cabinet, no mdf bottom or back of back box.

Amazing backlighting on the translite.

Really neat cabling. Bally Williams style assemblies and coils.

Good speakers including a dual feed subwoofer.

If you need to take the backbox off, then it is best to disconnect the cables at the playfield end. It means cutting about 10 cable ties but to disconnect the cables in the backbox is not the best idea.

Some manufacturers are getting cheaper and cheaper.......

Great to see chrome side rails and mirror blades fitted as standard.

The only slight thing that I thought was strange is no coin box.

TBL is a great pin now I have actually played it a bit longer.

^^^ that’s an interesting point.
My JJP GnR weights a ton but nudges easy
Stern Spike 2 easy nudge
Stern SAM more difficult to nudge than Spike

I would have agreed with all that up until a few days ago.

My backglass that weighs a ton has stopped lighting up , it was a little bit flaky at times and I would have to give it a little tap but it just stopped lighting up two days ago. Always thought that little cable thing holding that unbelievably heavy backglass light up thing was a bit odd.

Reached out to Dutch pinball yesterday, and chased up today to see if they have received my message . So far no response but watch this space.

But yep build quality is incredible apart from this fault the rest of it looks like it would survive a nuclear apocalypse

Attachments

• IMG_9996.jpeg
    IMG_9996.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9997.jpeg
    IMG_9997.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9998.jpeg
    IMG_9998.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 54
I would have agreed with all that up until a few days ago.

My backglass that weighs a ton has stopped lighting up , it was a little bit flaky at times and I would have to give it a little tap but it just stopped lighting up two days ago. Always thought that little cable thing holding that unbelievably heavy backglass light up thing was a bit odd.

Reached out to Dutch pinball yesterday, and chased up today to see if they have received my message . So far no response but watch this space.

But yep build quality is incredible apart from this fault the rest of it looks like it would survive a nuclear apocalypse
Silly question but is the cable still connected properly in the back box?

@Will2.0 - it looks like the backglass is unplugged.

It is quite a small cable on it. I think its EL lit, the light is very consistant. Back glass is thick ! :) A bit like WIll (sorry pal).

Stern cabs are okay, but mdf layers can peel off pretty easily, especially under the backbox (after a few erectrions snurk snurk).

Oh and we won't mention Stern spike cabs that get split.

The plunger thing doesnt bother me. AFM/MM no plunger...... two of the best games made.

All stern games have plungers as they do not want to make a different cabinet. It is all about volume discounts.

Yes DP machines weight a ton. Would say like a widebody WPC89 or a JJP game.

@Will2.0 - it looks like the backglass is unplugged.

It is quite a small cable on it. I think its EL lit, the light is very consistant. Back glass is thick ! :) A bit like WIll (sorry pal).

Stern cabs are okay, but mdf layers can peel off pretty easily, especially under the backbox (after a few erectrions snurk snurk).

Oh and we won't mention Stern spike cabs that get split.

The plunger thing doesnt bother me. AFM/MM no plunger...... two of the best games made.

All stern games have plungers as they do not want to make a different cabinet. It is all about volume discounts.

Yes DP machines weight a ton. Would say like a widebody WPC89 or a JJP game.

@Pick Holder hey bud no it's plugged in was worried it was me being very dumb but this time
It's not 😂

Did someone on here say they had great feedback from
Dutch??? I have had zero responses so far

Also - to be quite honest

I say this to everyone.

If you have a problem under warranty - SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE YOU GOT IT FROM. They should have more swing than you. Plus they will be responsible for getting the new parts to you and back off you. TBL backglass once replaced will need sending back as they wont want any out there not on machines.

If @Will2.0 you want to send it back to me - I can see if it is repairable and easily 'do able' under the pinball heaven warranty (as I do work for PH part time)/

Also - to be quite honest

I say this to everyone.

If you have a problem under warranty - SPEAK TO THE PEOPLE YOU GOT IT FROM. They should have more swing than you. Plus they will be responsible for getting the new parts to you and back off you. TBL backglass once replaced will need sending back as they wont want any out there not on machines.

If @Will2.0 you want to send it back to me - I can see if it is repairable and easily 'do able' under the pinball heaven warranty (as I do work for PH part time)/
Cheers mate
Yep that would be great if it comes to that .
They got in touch earlier today so hopefully get to the bottom of it

Over three months with my Lebowski now and I'm still in awe at the build quality of the machine.

It's the only game where I've ever proudly lifted the playfield and back glass just to show people the build quality.

I love the fact they haven't put T-moulding on the backbox . . . the wood is finished so well it doesn't need it.

I guess like any game, the more I tweak it the better it plays and I've got the flippers at the perfect alignment.

I love the ability to cancel character multiball and the challenge of trying to get all the main characters before starting it.

Over three months with my Lebowski now and I'm still in awe at the build quality of the machine.

It's the only game where I've ever proudly lifted the playfield and back glass just to show people the build quality.

I love the fact they haven't put T-moulding on the backbox . . . the wood is finished so well it doesn't need it.

I guess like any game, the more I tweak it the better it plays and I've got the flippers at the perfect alignment.

I love the ability to cancel character multiball and the challenge of trying to get all the main characters before starting it.
I’m only 3 days in but I really am enjoying this one very much.

As per the other thread I’ve had an issue with stand ups but I think it will be a small adjustment and these will be ok. Other than that the build quality seems to be top notch up to now.

1, I’d be interested to know what flipper strength your on for lower ones mate.

2, And also a picture of your flipper alignment also if possible? So I could try and tweak it
See if it improves the shots.

3, Do you get a lot of airballs? Mainly on the left hand side?

4, I’ve noticed already early on a dimple like line forming around where the ball drops out the firing mech in the bowling alley, thinking maybe some Mylar here would help this.

I’m only 3 days in but I really am enjoying this one very much.

As per the other thread I’ve had an issue with stand ups but I think it will be a small adjustment and these will be ok. Other than that the build quality seems to be top notch up to now.

1, I’d be interested to know what flipper strength your on for lower ones mate.

2, And also a picture of your flipper alignment also if possible? So I could try and tweak it
See if it improves the shots.

3, Do you get a lot of airballs? Mainly on the left hand side?

4, I’ve noticed already early on a dimple like line forming around where the ball drops out the firing mech in the bowling alley, thinking maybe some Mylar here would help this.

Check out my post on this page Scott mate. There are two pictures with the alignment on there. Match the flippers up to the corners of the square on the playfield which I've highlighted. https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.56286/page-3

My bottom left flipper is 33 and bottom right is 34. The upper flipper I increased by +1 and I have them all on medium hold.

I've had two Lebowski's at the same time because I had the Pinball Heaven one here as well as my own. I was in the fortunate position to make comparisons and find the best settings.

I have also changed the flipper extension springs to the sega/Stern one because I like the way they snap the flipper back down . . . they're just coiled a bit tighter and make it a bit less . . .erm . . . 'sticky' for want of a better word. (only on the lower flippers).

Awesome. You know what I do recall now seeing a pic of flippers on there.

I’ve got Lowers on 28 trying to reduce air balls off the stand ups. I think maybe my bowling alley plastic isn’t flush and it’s launching them up before they hit the targets. Have seen the adjustment on pinside on how to fixed this issue.

The flipper return was something I noticed straight away compared to sterns. They don’t snap back as quick for sure. That sounds like something I’ll do also so nice one 👍

Cheers mate.

Awesome. You know what I do recall now seeing a pic of flippers on there.

I’ve got Lowers on 28 trying to reduce air balls off the stand ups. I think maybe my bowling alley plastic isn’t flush and it’s launching them up before they hit the targets. Have seen the adjustment on pinside on how to fixed this issue.

The flipper return was something I noticed straight away compared to sterns. They don’t snap back as quick for sure. That sounds like something I’ll do also so nice one 👍

Cheers mate.

The bowling alley window is incredible easy to adjust. The bolts underneath either raise or lower it. I think there are 6 nuts to adjust but it's an easy fix . . . I believe they just used the design from Congo. I have adjusted mine, just lift the PF and you can feel how level it is with your finger on the top side while you adjust the bolts with your other hand underneath.

You are getting airballs as the flippers are set too high powered.

Flipper positioning is personal - I would suggest Dutch Pinball set them to how they think they should be. Gonzo sets his where he likes. No right or wrongs here.

I would personally leave them as the designer intended at first.

As above, if you can make all the shots I would leave the flipper alignment alone. Dial the flipper power down as low as you can, but so you can still easily make the shots.

Mine are like this from factory so not quite the same as Gonzo's.

IMG_20231011_182956.jpg

You are getting airballs as the flippers are set too high powered.

Flipper positioning is personal - I would suggest Dutch Pinball set them to how they think they should be. Gonzo sets his where he likes. No right or wrongs here.

I would personally leave them as the designer intended at first.

Yeah, there was a difference between the two games mate and the first one shot noticeably better and could make the right hand ramp more cleanly. There's no clearly defined marker to indicate preferred position so was able to use machine number 1 to help magnify why machine 2 wasn't quite shooting as well.

Again, it was a very easy adjustment, and I should point out that I'm not technically minded or a tinkerer so there's nothing too overwhelming here.

@Marvello My second game the flippers were higher than yours and the first game they were lower.

Back
Top Bottom