What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dutch pinball doing " Back to the future ? "

Will2.0

Site Supporter
Alias
Will
Kaneda seems to be staking a lot on the fact it's not a stern release and reading between the lines looks like the Dutch boys have got it.

That's heavy .

Having currently got a TBL and being a die hard BTTF mega geek man child this news is exciting indeed

IMG_8615.jpeg

Also good timing that Phillip starts bringing in TBL's as he is gonna need a bigger warehouse to store all the BTTF orders. 😂

Yet again, pinball marketing is a joke! If they have the licence why would you not be telling the world!

You would knee cap Stern and JJP future sales!

I very much doubt that Dutch pinball have the man power or the money to deal with a game like bttf a mega expensive license and very tricky to deal with I imagine that’s why stern gave it up you have also got to factor in it’s taking them 8 years to get limited numbers of tbl out there and has had lots of bumps in the road doing it

Yet again, pinball marketing is a joke! If they have the licence why would you not be telling the world!

They won’t be allowed to announce it officially don’t forget every little thing has to be passed off by the licensing people first and that’s often the downfall

That's why I guess he is saying don't buy anything else ?

Dunno maybe if it's true they wanna release it and have it ready to ship .. maybe

I very much doubt that Dutch pinball have the man power or the money to deal with a game like bttf a mega expensive license and very tricky to deal with I imagine that’s why stern gave it up you have also got to factor in it’s taking them 8 years to get limited numbers of tbl out there and has had lots of bumps in the road doing it
Gonna be another long agonising wait then if it is Dutch .. nine years for TBL mate I know as it popped up on my FB time line the other day when they showed it at expo and I wanted it then ... and I only just got one a few months back and will now be for sale if BTTF gets announced 😂 and the madness continues

DP would be my dream manufacturer for this.

The playfield would be packed full of flux capacitors, clock towers, DeLorean's and everything else and I bet they'd all be mechs too.

If it's not Dutch, then CGC with Raw Thrills would be my second choice.

DP would be my dream manufacturer for this.

The playfield would be packed full of flux capacitors, clock towers, DeLorean's and everything else and I bet they'd all be mechs too.

Absolutely couldn't agree more , they proved themselves with TBL
Getting very geeky moist about all this

Pulp fiction , now BTTF
Just need the blues brothers and I can walk away forever into the pinball sunset ....

Well until the next one 😂

Problem with dp is realistically how many games can they produce a week? 5, maybe 10 at a push. Not sure I would hand over a large down payment if they said we’re moving to a bigger facility to be able to build more games. Being over ambitious got them into trouble before. I fear a mega theme like bttf would be too much for them and years down the line people would still be waiting for their preordered game to be made in the queue
You could argue it’s been over 2 years for ccr but the difference is I have 100% confidence in cgc to get them done eventually

Absolutely couldn't agree more , they proved themselves with TBL
Getting very geeky moist about all this

Pulp fiction , now BTTF
Just need the blues brothers and I can walk away forever into the pinball sunset ....

Well until the next one 😂
Dp would be great for bttf and no doubt do the franchise justice but I just think it’s too big for them in terms of demand. You’d wait literally years and years for your pin. Like ten years !

Unfortunately stern are the best manufacturer for the job in terms of art , dealing with demand , code , designers. That said Dutch would give us a better more packed pin.

Dutch having it is fab news for the pin but not for lead time on getting your pin

2024 looks to be exciting and a shot of excitement into the hobby that’s needed after a crappy two years of releases

I think kanada should say don’t buy anything till 2028 let’s be realistic about this 8 years for a tbl and how many have they made 500 to 1000 maybe
Over 2 years on and still no cc or any other cgc re makes and no pf
Stern have had the license for years and not managed to do anything with it along with Harry Potter so you can’t tell me they haven’t tried my guess is that they just can’t get all the attributes to make this an awesome game at a reasonable cost so have given up on it

Yeah but sometimes the best things are worth waiting for
I waited 9 years for TBL
When I ordered my Pulp fiction , it was just forget about it and wait until it's done if you care for the theme enough it's better to wait than to let stern do it, Just my opinion.

Yeah but sometimes the best things are worth waiting for
I waited 9 years for TBL
When I ordered my Pulp fiction , it was just forget about it and wait until it's done if you care for the theme enough it's better to wait than to let stern do it, Just my opinion.
Agreed just wait and see I guess …in the meantime who’s in on Elton from jjp 🤪🤪🤪

CGC are worse than Dutch for getting Pins out the door. I'll never pre order a game. I feel kind of bad reading Pinside comments about people still waiting years for their Big Lebowski when I got one (imminently) within a few weeks of ordering.

I think kanada should say don’t buy anything till 2028 let’s be realistic about this 8 years for a tbl and how many have they made 500 to 1000 maybe
Over 2 years on and still no cc or any other cgc re makes and no pf
Stern have had the license for years and not managed to do anything with it along with Harry Potter so you can’t tell me they haven’t tried my guess is that they just can’t get all the attributes to make this an awesome game at a reasonable cost so have given up on it

Ok so this is purely just a guess and completely speculative, but over the years I have a had a few dealings with " team fox " and a local retro shop that I do a bit of promo work for have a really close relationship with them as well. MJ and the fox foundation are all about fund raising and charity they bend over backwards with autographs from MJ and CL as they have items sent up all the time for signing and then a donation is made to the foundation.
Again all speculation but maybe the Dutch lot if it's even them have agreed to give a percentage away , in return for licensing? As I can't imagine that's something a huge company like stern or jjp could offer , as tied to share holders.
Again it's only a thought and could be wildly wrong but if I was a small pinball company looking to get a tricky license I would be taking the percentage of sales to charity route .
But I am not 😂

I think it’s unfair to say it took 9 years

They had to deal with hell of a lot of issues and problems! But you know what a lot of other companies would have folded!

These guys grinded it out, made every one whole and now moving forward!

They have a factory and they are producing games, who would have thought the UK would have seen two shipment of TBL back to back months!

If they have BTTF they will smash it

Only thing I’m sad about is Jaap not being with us to see it!

Agreed just wait and see I guess …in the meantime who’s in on Elton from jjp

They had to deal with hell of a lot of issues and problems! But you know what a lot of other companies would have folded!

They have a factory and they are producing games, who would have thought the UK would have seen two shipment of TBL back to back months!

But it was 9 years ago they announced it so it kinda did take 9 years 🤩

I really don't mind waiting for a pin if the company matches the theme.

Stern were perfect for foo fighters, it's a blank canvas asd they can do what they want.

Certain nostalgic themes need to be packed because we all know what we want to see in the game. Star Wars is a great example..... It needs Darth, a lightsaber, Obi Waan, R2 and a hundred other things we all accociate with the theme.

I don't think CGC left a single thing out of their pulp fiction game and it's certainly the case with Lebowski which is packed.

Fingers crossed with this one but if it takes a while then so be it. I'd rather see the theme done justice.

IMG_8617.jpeg

No doubt Dutch made mistakes early on but credit to them for turning it around.

'Rensh' from Dutch is a regular poster on the Pinside threads with updates and prompt technical help which is big plus.

Ok so this is purely just a guess and completely speculative, but over the years I have a had a few dealings with " team fox " and a local retro shop that I do a bit of promo work for have a really close relationship with them as well. MJ and the fox foundation are all about fund raising and charity they bend over backwards with autographs from MJ and CL as they have items sent up all the time for signing and then a donation is made to the foundation.
Again all speculation but maybe the Dutch lot if it's even them have agreed to give a percentage away , in return for licensing? As I can't imagine that's something a huge company like stern or jjp could offer , as tied to share holders.
Again it's only a thought and could be wildly wrong but if I was a small pinball company looking to get a tricky license I would be taking the percentage of sales to charity route .
But I am not 😂
Cast your mind back to the old bttf mjf did not want anything to do with it he wouldn’t let them use his image or his voice and the game was a total flop
There are many things you need to make an amazing bttf original images and actor’s voice plus custom stuff all the branding lots of availability to all the movie clips all the music the car that’s probably lots of separate licenses and finding the people who own the rights to them

K is competing with Knapps Arcade on pin scoops.
Loads of stuff historically mentioned that doesn’t materialise.
If Stern don't have BTTF, need to ask why, what’s missing…….
Stern can knock out a new pin within a year from scratch.
If it takes Dutch 5 -10 years, gonna struggle.
You gonna put down a deposit?
Loads can happen, key members of the team could die, especially when you don’t have
team resiliency.
Hell, you could even die before getting your pin in that timeframe.
Ray of sunshine 😂

Back
Top Bottom