What's new

Data east Star Wars help !

I feel confident that the meter is faulty, however all feel confident that I have no idea how to use one , and also I am aware that this Star Wars is a bag of poo and not expecting any miricles

My money is on our Noble scientist leaving the meter on and draining the battery.

Will, cur out the middle man. Even if you get DESW to work, you'll hate it. Sell it now and save the pain

Hahaha it's brand new meter :)
I really wanted a Star Wars but this one has left such a bitter taste in my mouth .

Will post a piccy of the meter of doom and one of us may spot anything amiss

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Problem with @Sgt GrizZ he doesn't conform to modern day contact methods.... I have to use this most of the time , and it only works if the wind is blowing in the right direction
image.jpeg

If you're not getting any readings on your meter and you have the negative probe on the ground braid then you should consider that maybe the earthing is compromised?

I was scratching my head for bloody ages when I was trying to diagnose a possible fault on the motor relay on my Rocky & Bullwinkle. I was getting no reading at all. Then I disconnected the common probe and instead hooked it up to the earth point on the CPU board. Worked fine after that and pointed out that the earthing braid didn't have continuity.

Glad to say that as part of the rebuild that problem is now solved. :)

Now then ......... :popcorn: .......if you are sitting comfortably I'll begin.

Remember how the meter was according to Will - buggered - well what a surprise ..... it wasn't. The leads weren't pushed home properly :rolleyes: :rofl:So top tip there for noobie meter users - make sure the leads are connected correctly and are fully pushed in.

And the machine is now fully working.

The pop bumper was fine - seemingly fixed itself overnight, if it was even not working to begin with ...who knows ;)

No power to trough eject and death star. Reseated J6 on the PPB - all good.

Looking at trough eject coil also noticed the thin coil winding was disconnected from the lug. Looks like it had previously been repaired, at first glance it looked fine, but gentle wiggle revealed it was just sat in position and the previous solder blob had come free. Soldered back on. All good.

I then got roped into moving the 'whore' of a machine ...Wills words , not mine ........ down to the Libertine pub/bar in Worthing. And of course just for added hangover fun had to carry it up a flight of stairs :thumbs:

55071387.jpg

Hahaha nice one Ivan :)

Well I learnt a few things today , one was plugging in the cables although in my defence it didn't say anything about that in the instructions ;)

Thanks for helping get it to the pub , so far no phone calls yet so all good...

Hahaha it survived but as Ivan said it lost GI but had light use think it was just the chef who played it, but I had no space for it anyway so didn't matter...
Got pin sound in it now thanks to Matt and Ivan and it sounds ****ing epic!!!!

Just need to get the new roms for it now , haven't played it with the new code yet

Funny you should mention pinsound ! Ordered one last night, just to find out what they are all about . Both mine have the new roms (thanks @Paul ) I'm not a good enough player to notice much of a difference other than the ball save . Nick wasn't that keen on the difference but you'd better ask him

Prepare to loose all control of your bodily functions the second you start the game , pin sound makes all data east games soooooo much better... Personally for me pretty much all data east games are ruined by the terrible speeded up music having the full orchestral score playing in stern wars is epic, I had it in guns and roses as well and that is off the hook

Back
Top Bottom