What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted CFTBL HOLOGRAM.....

new forest pinball

Site Supporter
Alias
Keef.
Hi all,
Long shot I know....but cannot seem to find stock of anything anywhere...if anyone knows the whereabouts of a new one that would be great...this is for a customers machine that has been stored in a damp outbuilding for 6 years!....the hologram is completely shot, (along with pretty much everything else) so anything will do....green ones, blue ones...LCD ones....w.h.u....
Any suggestions/ recommendations welcome...cheers Keith.

Last edited:
Good luck with this one, it took me ages to find one and I managed to get a new one from a forum member.
I’d recommend biting the bullet and buying new they are fantastic if not totally authentic.
Pinballsp is apparently about to unveil a new lcd mod on pinside but this has been a long time coming and I’m not holding my breath.

@Toxteth O'Grady if you're talking about the new ones produced by Henrik from pinball dreams he is out of stock atm until he next does a re-run, of which there are no fixed plans last time I asked. He does runs of 50 so needs a bit of interest before doing them.

I've just sent an email to see if there is any update, will let you know if he gets back to me. Drawback being they are about 300 quid from memory.

Just wish the lcd wasn't so different from the original holo. Feels a bit inauthentic to me and kills a bit of the charm.

Arvs suggestion sounds interesting....yes I had heard of the pinballsp project, but not confident if anything will actually get finished.....? Strange that holograms are not readily available for such a popular title.........thanks for all your replies...would be great if a member somewhere had one tufted away.......

It’s extremely hard to make a hologram and extremely expensive.

The repros I have seen have never been as good as a good original.

Pinballsp does some good stuff but gets sidetracked. He should just finish off a project instead of trying to improve something he did before that worked fine !

They appear to be available from planetary pinball in the US

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

Has anyone bought/seen one of these?
If so are they any good?

I had already been thinking of buying one for my Creech, which seems to be completely missing its hologram film, which is how I came across this site.

I'd be interested in sharing in an order to reduce shipping costs if anyone else is ordering one (or something) from pps.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

They appear to be available from planetary pinball in the US

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

Has anyone bought/seen one of these?
If so are they any good?

I had already been thinking of buying one for my Creech, which seems to be completely missing its hologram film, which is how I came across this site.

I'd be interested in sharing in an order to reduce shipping costs if anyone else is ordering one (or something) from pps.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

!! That's more than I paid for my full machine (with slightly blue hologram)

I do think removing the hologram takes away the charm of CFTBL. Those pins that are missing or have faulty holograms. What causes this and how would you stop this happening?

Cannot speak for all hologram fails......but the most common causes we have come across is extreme temperature differences..(for example un-heated summer house or conservatory ) and damp! These two things definitely do harm /totally damage the hologram. The one we are currently trying to replace is a result of long term damp storage.....k.

Sorry my mistake @DAD force of habit! hit us up in the new year when you're ready to make the order and we'll sort it out.

Happy to join a bulk order. Already removed and sold on the original parts out of mine as cant see an orignal hologram coming up soon at a comparable cost to the mod but can see a surplus of those parts once folks start to install a screen mod

Probably best to wait till after Christmas to minimize the risk of parcel getting lost amongst all the presents that are going back and forth. I'm happy to organize it and place the order / take delivery and then post on if everyone is happy with that.

If so I would need to know who is definitely in, then I can find out the cost including postage and let everyone know what the basic cost will be in pounds and collect payment. There will be customs fee to pay and postage onwards but I could collect that at a later date after it gets delivered to the UK.

Only problem is that I am in and out of the country a few times in January and February, so I couldn't take delivery reliably till March so wouln't want to order till late mid Feb. Happy to do it then, or if people want the hologram quicker then I would join in but couldn't organize.

That timing suits me okay, and appreciate you organising too mate, many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom