What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars for pins (yes, yet again!) - need help!

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
The old database for Pins vs Cars is a little out of date on the google group, I have enclosed a pdf copy should anyone wish to take a look...

I need to buy a new vehicle. I do not want to go down van route again. I also do not do as many miles as I used to, so engine size is not that important.

Do not mind removing the 'quick release' seats but do not want to unbolt seats.

I will be carrying Stern, Bally Williams and maybe the odd Jersey Jack in the next few months. I do not want to be removing heads or sliding them down.

Honda Jazz keeps getting mentioned on here and other groups.

Anyone have the Ford Focus estate? Previously had a PT Crusier which was excellent for moving pins, but nothing newer than an 07 is on ebay.

If you were spending up to £4,000 what would you buy?

Advice is welcomed - along with the usual mickey taking.

Attachments

• PINSvsCARS - PINSvsCARS.pdf
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
My Jazz (09 plate with less than 40,000 miles on the clock) cost just over £4k and has transported many pins already (Sterns, B/W and a WoZ). It's a boring car to drive but for moving pins I couldn't be happier with it. Plenty of space inside the back for a sack trolley too and other bits ans bobs.

To add, it's cheap to run, often get close to 50mpg from it despite it being a petrol engine

just buy a van you have no chance in most modern estate cars yes you can get a pin in a honda jazz but its a reel pain you would not want to do it on a regular basis other option is a people carrier my touran was great for this

I have a focus cmax. 04 plate.
Can fit a pin in only removing 2 of the rear seats meaning that I can have a passenger in the back as well. Low at the rear so don't have to lift the pin in, more just tip it in. Have a piece of chipboard in the back so the pin just slides along that. I can get a pin in and out on my own with no trouble at all. Plenty of room for sack truck and tool box as well.
Absolutely perfect

I had a Mitsubishi Outlander which was good for moving pins, no lip to worry about, could move a pin on my own. Just tip it into and out of the back.

Now my new vehicle can move 5 people and a pin at the same time with loads of room for extras. Only downside is the lifting the pin in and out, but if you've got a car full of passengers then getting the pin is nota problem. Car is a Ford Ranger, if you want to call it a car!

@Carl Spiby maintains an online editable excel sheet with all the cars vs pins details. He's been quiet for a while (good to see you and Gill at 8BF) but I'm sure he'll update and link to the latest file - it's a thing of beauty.

So funny reading this thread .

Got into pins two years ago and had shortly prior to that bought a 5 series estate which I love but despite its size it doesn't fit a pin and had resigned myself to having to change for say an x5 (not as good) . Over that two years I've used Martin loads of times and hired vans several times .

My wife has an 05 c-max. Turns out could have put them all in there!

Only has 30k on clock so she's shortly gonna find out she's gonna have to keep it for ever !

@Carl Spiby maintains an online editable excel sheet with all the cars vs pins details. He's been quiet for a while (good to see you and Gill at 8BF) but I'm sure he'll update and link to the latest file - it's a thing of beauty.

I think its the one that I found on the google group. I did convert the one I found into a PDF and put it in my first post.

If another one exists - can I have a link please! :)

Back
Top Bottom