What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

Little bit of history, anyone remember when the cc remakes were first announced and we had deposits with Phil, think it was 2004-5 ish. Well I was in then and let’s just say it didn’t pan out well so this arriving marks a 20 year wait for me haha. 2 years pah!! Funny how things work out,

Jokes aside , I’m super excited to finally own one of these 🤩🤩

Well, i have to say this is is one nice game!! I haven't kept up on the specs or what was offered on these, but its a really nice put together game. the wood apron is a nice touch to, as are the rgb gi lighting and led inserts! Also is the mine model different with an extra mine cart on top of it, looks excellent!

IMG_2074.JPEGIMG_2054.JPG

Only negative i'd say so far it it doesn't need to go through a ball search continuously in attract when the balls are not in the trough. Amateur-ish. And i have 1 small mark on my right side rail , but i'm being picky.

Sorted out the thread length issues before it goes to the new owner.

Honestly who thought it was a good idea to use different length screws to secure in the shaker motor?!

Top screw is what I'm replacing them with.

PXL_20240214_103951062.jpg

Now flush as it should be.

PXL_20240214_104019515.jpg

Bon Voyage

PXL_20240214_115258821.jpg

The GI RGB lighting on this game is excellent!! Quite a nice surprise to have this as i was not expecting it. Stands apart from an original easily.

Having the updated extended code is a nice addition and we have the rewrite from lyman and carried forward by others to look forward to still to.

In fact this game in alot of ways is better than i was expecting. Its a really nice put together game by people who care about making something quality, i'm super glad i got one icon_smile.gif

Current grand champ score, not massive but was a good game. I have not adjusted the outlines or any factory settings other than ebs for replays (2).

IMG_2126.JPG

Played this recently and wow, what a stunning looking machine! Theme is also great! However, really disappointed with the way the game played, which was really shallow code and the shots are really repetitive.

Glad I played this, as I was thinking I would like one, but in my opinion this has to be the most overvalued game.

Played this recently and wow, what a stunning looking machine! Theme is also great! However, really disappointed with the way the game played, which was really shallow code and the shots are really repetitive.

Glad I played this, as I was thinking I would like one, but in my opinion this has to be the most overvalued game.
I guess you never played it originally or know the history of the game dev? remember this is a WPC-95 game not a modern stern

The new code upgrade kit promises some interesting changes.

I guess you never played it originally or know the history of the game dev? remember this is a WPC-95 game not a modern stern

The new code upgrade kit promises some interesting changes.
Yep, played the original and know the history of the code. The argument that it’s a Williams makes my point on the price even stronger!

I just think it massively overpriced and this hobby that is saying something!

Yep, played the original and know the history of the code. I just think it massively overpriced and this hobby that is saying something!
fair enough then, personally I enjoy this a lot more than any of the jjp rubbish out recently :). feels like a quality game to me with a lot of attention to detail.

Last edited:
Hey, each to their own and I love the theme. I just thought they should have done a bit more with it.
The extended code I think is pretty good , and feels like the others-95 era titles . The original game was lacking quite bit

We have the new Lyman and others code to come to which I think will be pretty complex

Do you think Lyman finished the code or it’s having to be finished off by other coders?

I’ve got to agree with @JAG555 I was offered a super nice one way back and went to view it. After 2 games I decided I’d not bother as I got the to the wizard mode
That said I do thing the CCC code takes it to another level so fingers crossed for the updated code being as good.

My neighbour still waiting on his standard + topper well over 2yr now which has sadly knocked the shine off it 😢
It doesn’t help when you see them already changing hands some even NIB.

Do you think Lyman finished the code or it’s having to be finished off by other coders?

I’ve got to agree with @JAG555 I was offered a super nice one way back and went to view it. After 2 games I decided I’d not bother as I got the to the wizard mode
That said I do thing the CCC code takes it to another level so fingers crossed for the updated code being as good.

My neighbour still waiting on his standard + topper well over 2yr now which has sadly knocked the shine off it 😢
It doesn’t help when you see them already changing hands some even NIB.
settings Colin! Put it on hard - sorted!

I actually like a game I can get to the end on without 6 months practice and a rule sheet longer then Jayne eyre..

I’d get one now before the new code is released..

I was really really tempted last year on purchasing an SE+ and just checked my stickie on the prices I noted.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 11.57.20.png

Since then I had played the original breifly at Pinfest, I thought it was ok but only had a couple games. I think I will really like this game though. As others have posted and stated the settings need to tweaked out the box as on the default settings people say it's easy.

Kinda glad I didn't go in for the SE+ last year, even if I had I think I would have jumped in on one of the recent LE sales and been happy to loose the SE+ deposit tbh.

I was really really tempted last year on purchasing an SE+ and just checked my stickie on the prices I noted.

View attachment 244895

Since then I had played the original breifly at Pinfest, I thought it was ok but only had a couple games. I think I will really like this game though. As others have posted and stated the settings need to tweaked out the box as on the default settings people say it's easy.

Kinda glad I didn't go in for the SE+ last year, even if I had I think I would have jumped in on one of the recent LE sales and been happy to loose the SE+ deposit tbh.
Almost all those increases in prices are explained by inflation and changes in exchange rate. Uk has had 15 percent inflation in the past 2 years and even the US has had 10 percent inflation. And £ has deflated against the dollar by 5 percent over the 2 years. Unfortunately £10.5k is the new £9k that we need to get used to.

settings Colin! Put it on hard - sorted!

I actually like a game I can get to the end on without 6 months practice and a rule sheet longer then Jayne eyre..

I’d get one now before the new code is released..
When is the code coming?

The Lyman code was done in conjunction with Josh Sharpe who has finished it. The new code is coming 100 %.

I'm also reasonably confident that it will be a much expanded game. I also imagine new animations and possibly callouts so I think it will be more of an additional game than a usual code update.

In the current code it's worth putting the Bart levels from 3 to 4 before wizard mode is engaged and it puts the final wizard mode just a touch out of reach.

The Lyman code was done in conjunction with Josh Sharpe who has finished it. The new code is coming 100 %.

I'm also reasonably confident that it will be a much expanded game. I also imagine new animations and possibly callouts so I think it will be more of an additional game than a usual code update.

In the current code it's worth putting the Bart levels from 3 to 4 before wizard mode is engaged and it puts the final wizard mode just a touch out of reach.
I have no concern we will get a nice new update soon. Its pretty cool that they even decided to do this skipping back to when lyman was still here and he moved over from stern to this type of project.

Thanks Al, just educate me here. Is this specific art in a style to be seen as a mod or are his blades the actual art on the LE models. i don’t want to get these if not if im not going for the translite as a mod package

I thought they looked really nice and was very pleased with them, nice quality. Anything you add to a machine that wasn’t fitted from factory is a mod, these are his designs.
Not sure if you can buy the L.E art blades, these are definitely worth putting on if you can’t get them.

Back
Top Bottom