What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired By Coin-Op King

Expired Due to no activity
That RoboWar looks enticing.. is 1495 decent? What should they go for?

Er, personally if I was paying 1495 for a Robo-wars I wouldn't want the area by the flippers painted red..... am I being too picky?

Here is what it should look like.

They’re a dealer so expect to pay more. They may haggle. Apart from DH they’re not common games so if you want one.....

Re: Robo-War, I paid approx £1500 inc shipping from France for mine a few years ago and it's in really nice restored condition. I also have Torpedo Alley which cost me about £1200 from Croatia and that's a good players condition pin.

But as @Spandangler says they're not common games in this country :thumbs:

Re: Robo-War, I paid approx £1500 inc shipping from France for mine a few years ago and it's in really nice restored condition. I also have Torpedo Alley which cost me about £1200 from Croatia and that's a good players condition pin.

But as @Spandangler says they're not common games in this country :thumbs:

Thanks for the info - To be honest I would have to beg, borrow, steal, and then lie in order to make this happen so I'm happy to pass on it !!

I'll bide my time and wait for the right one.

d.

I asked Jamie to put a plug on Torpedo Alley and see what happens, but that's too much apparently. If expecting to buy untested when the boards and display may be shagged, he's in dreamland with those prices. TA is rare but as Chris said above, his from Croatia for much less and far better condition, working and tested. Suppose someone desperate for a rare title may plunge as 'better than nothing'.

Robowar is the best of the Gottlieb System 80B bunch but that has the worst painted in flipper wear I've seen yet. Suppose how desperate you are for one..... and picky you are. Don't expect the CPU to work unless very lucky.

Thanks for the info - To be honest I would have to beg, borrow, steal, and then lie in order to make this happen so I'm happy to pass on it !!

I'll bide my time and wait for the right one.

d.

Waiting could be a while.... keep searching on the France & German Ebay sites or Pinball Owners, far more likely to find it on there and I know a courier who is reasonable for doorstep pickup/drop off.

Fair post @JMP and honest - out of interest - how did the DH pricing come about?

Jamie is a dealer - dealt with him many times. You buy as-is but he is usually pretty firm on price..... He has 100s of machines that arent shown to the public usually. Ive seen inside his sheds! ex-operator tables and a lot have come direct from abroad.

Jamie is a dealer - dealt with him many times. You buy as-is but he is usually pretty firm on price..... He has 100s of machines that arent shown to the public usually. Ive seen inside his sheds! ex-operator tables and a lot have come direct from abroad.
Yes and he’s a nice guy, and if he’s selling the game you want and you can’t get it elsewhere then great, but it won’t be a bargain!

Buy a 2quid travel plug and test them. Would take 2mins and then you could sell for much more. I don't understand this excuse. A business is to make money.
It's probably goosed and he knows it. From stories I've heard, the working stuff has probably been swapped out.

Reactions: JMP
The robo also wear around poppers too, just like mine.Tho if someone is good at editing I have good images so decals could be made, have image just not the skills to resize correctly

Hi all - first of all, let me apologise for my vague descriptions. Anyone who's ever had a container with 60 machines turn up, with only two hours to unload it will know how awkward that is. Space is always a premium, so you have to stack each machine in front of one another. This then makes it very difficult to get pictures of each machine - so we tend to do it as the container is unloaded. Anyone who has an interest in a machine will generally come and take a look at it, and try it out (which is recommended). No intentions are being made to "sell a goosed machine and he knows it" which I do find harsh. Until you have 1000 pinball machines in one place, with limited time, staff and resources - perhaps that statement should be reconsidered.

Some folk have noticed that despite having well over 1000 games, that a very small amount gets listed. That's because a lot of the pinball community visit, test games and buy from us to resell at a later date. We're very much a one stop shop for most titles - and there's not many we don't have. I appreciate buying blind for a collector isn't easy- but please realise that we're not really here to sell to collectors. We import and export most of our games - on an unseen basis. This works very well for us, and this is why only a small number of games are ever listed. I hope this clears up that issue for anyone. If you see something you like - come and take a look, plug it in and try it out! Never buy something unseen - because that's what we have to do, and the risks are huge. However - we don't get this choice. We simply have to buy blind. Our prices are based on what we pay - and don't forget we pay shipping, import duty, business rates here in the U.K, staff wages and VAT on all machines we sell. The collectors market has none of this to consider.

Some of the machines listed above that were considered a high cost have sold as can be seen on the coinopking page - however there has been a lot of interest in a couple of others including the robowar- so we've pulled it out and plugged it in :

Robowar: boots, left flipper doesn't work, few lamps out, all switches operate fine, no battery damage, sound all works. Game plays. The flashers also don't appear to work during test. Parts of the playfield have been painted. I hope that's a fair description for anyone interested. It is a players game, and probably not for anyone who wants a minter. I don't consider this to be goosed (although the painted playfield isn't the best). Electronically it'll probably need a couple of fuses, or at worst perhaps a coil and a look at the driver board.

Don't forget we also make our own PCBs right here in house, from design to production. We don't sell these online as we don't want to upset others - but many are exported, or fitted to our games on sale. There are lots of the pinball community who use these boards - maybe some of them could chime up and report on them.

I wish all the pinball community well, and hope our ads and pages don't cause too much upset. That's certainly not intentional. Good luck guys !

Attachments

• IMG_7860.PNG
    IMG_7860.PNG
    299.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9276.JPG
    IMG_9276.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9081.JPG
    IMG_9081.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 103
I forgot to mention - we do also try and put as many machines out on site for you guys (and future pinball enthusiasts!) to enjoy.

Please don't be afraid to make contact and ask about games. Sometimes just getting to a machine to fit a transformer and test can be a nightmare - but we're happy for anyone who's interested in a game to come and give it a go!

Anyone looking for a robowar will be interested to hear we have four - ranging from painted playfield players games, to pretty immaculate. Please get in touch if you'd like to come and test one up.

Prices can sometimes be adjustable - although it does tend to rely on what we've paid. We do take on old machines as part exchange too. IMG_9406.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_9407.PNG
    IMG_9407.PNG
    170.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9409.PNG
    IMG_9409.PNG
    198.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9412.PNG
    IMG_9412.PNG
    153.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9416.PNG
    IMG_9416.PNG
    336.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9417.PNG
    IMG_9417.PNG
    231.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9418.PNG
    IMG_9418.PNG
    200.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9421.PNG
    IMG_9421.PNG
    155.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9422.PNG
    IMG_9422.PNG
    139.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9428.PNG
    IMG_9428.PNG
    190.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9429.PNG
    IMG_9429.PNG
    158.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9430.PNG
    IMG_9430.PNG
    397.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9431.PNG
    IMG_9431.PNG
    198.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9432.PNG
    IMG_9432.PNG
    218.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9433.PNG
    IMG_9433.PNG
    268.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9434.PNG
    IMG_9434.PNG
    189.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9435.PNG
    IMG_9435.PNG
    179.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_9436.PNG
    IMG_9436.PNG
    325.3 KB · Views: 90
I’m all for British made boards👍
Which WPC boards and how much if you don’t mind me asking.

Jamie, there's been interest on here lately for TX Sector too in case you have any:

… and I still want a Bounty Hunter or Gold Wings if you've managed to increase numbers on them ;)

Jamie, there's been interest on here lately for TX Sector too in case you have any:

… and I still want a Bounty Hunter or Gold Wings if you've managed to increase numbers on them ;)
Wasn't Matt Vince selling the Gold Wings at Flipout?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom