What's new

Blownwatch

Ha, didn't notice that, good call :)
Way more abstract though. I'm watching Twilight Zone :)

Well at least I've found what looks like a definite faulty component. It's hopefully not just the start of a series of problems but at least it's a starting point of sorts.
Any continued help or advice from one and all is always welcome, and thank you for the guidance so far all y'all.

Onward..

Last edited:
There was no real progress I cold make today, though tomorrow I'll grab myself a Bridge Rectifier.
And someone to do the circuit board work for me....hopefully?

So in the meantime I replaced the red that had faded on both sides of the cab and "blued in" the scuffs in the blue areas (note around flipper button/start button):
I also drew in half a seagull.

1.jpg 2.jpg

All well and good, would be nice to play it though :/

I'd do it for ya but it'll end up ousting in postage for board surley there's someone near who can do the solder job?

Reeves acrylic paints, available at most art & crafts stores in packs of small tubes. The girls are sporting Brilliant Red. From the same range Blue Lake, when dry, is a perfect match for the cabinet's original blue.
But I suppose it's relative to how faded the original colour is :/

Ok, brothers and sisters, here's where it stands:

I replaced the bridge on the power board, well, in actuality, our dear friend Pudsey Pinball did.
Progress toward next issue has been made.

The fuse no longer blows, so that's a thing. What happens now is on powering on, The Gi and lights flash on then stay off, I get the "Baywatch will be right back" boot sound and then nothing happens, so the machine never completes the boot cycle.
I tried powering on a second time and it actually tripped the house circuit. So I disconnected the DMD, as an experiment and tried it for a third time

Really oddly, the MPU lights go into the normal routine, 5v and PIA flash on, then PIA goes out and 5v and Blanking stay permanently lit. Like all games do when they are working fine, but the game never completes its boot sequence.

Soooo, here's where it is at:

The power board fuse no longer blows. This is great as its costing me a fortune.
The GI/Lights flash on at power up but dont stay on.
The MPU lights show the "all is fine" sequence.
I get the boot up soundbyte but no further sound/action.
Disconnecting the DMD may OR may not have stopped the machine from tripping my houses circuit breaker.

Your continued love and help is much appreciated, I'll be playing around with this most of the day so any ideas or theories are welcome, appreciated and probably necessary :/

Hope all y'all having a great weekend brothers.

I did, but I might do the roms again. maybe give them a clean as well, can I use something like WD-40?

I forgot to mention that the end-of-the-world-sounding buzz has gone away now.

No wd40 should make it ANYWHERE near a pinball machine....

Please dont - it'll break.... Just a reseat will do :)

you need the DMD to be in the circuit for the game to boot properly... that'll be why you're not getting any further forward. :(

Back
Top Bottom