What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of fun - WHAT IS THE GAME YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND THEN ABSOLUTELY DISLIKED.....?????

Johnny Mnemonic... used to enjoy playing it on location but got one and couldn't stand it. Stop/start, very repetitive shots and reused music on multiple modes (which i can't stand)

I bought JM from you and absolutely hated it too, quickest game I've ever moved on. That feed out the pops into the right sling every time made me loose the will to live!

Maybe it was just that one machine! Shopped by @Archyta5 i think, very nicely done tbf. I personally got it from @brainstorm100

Wonder where it is now...?

Where to start…

Jokerz
Pool sharks
Teed off
Kings of steel
Totan
Ripleys
Playboy 25th

Probably more I’ve forgotten 🤣
Nooooo not Teed off!!😭😭
I never owned it but had it on loan for over a year and miss it everyday. Such fun shots on that game. It might take a while for it to click with some people and the theme rubs some up the wrong way but it's so underrated as a game. I am determined to own one someday.🙂

Fortunately never bought a game (yet) that I dislike, however I can say my mate bought an Elvira house of horrors and I absolutely hate it, (can't wait until it's gone) although Im probably in a minority

I've had a few that lasted last than 6 months but most were sold cos something else came up but the one that I really didn't get on with was Junkyard.

I've only bought 6 games ( I think 😆) and none have I disliked, seems odd to buy something you dislike, do people often buy games blind?
Most of my games I have bought blind
I never really went into arcades once the DMD era came around
Nobody else in my town has a pinball collection
and many of my games I bought before internet forums were a big thing

The only game I have bought which got old quick was Deadpool.
Funny thing is I played it so much on location that maybe I had already seen everything it has to offer.
It’s still a great game that I love playing once in a while. I just prefer games that “kick my ****”

Once swopped a taf for IJ Williams and never really got on with it. Swopped it for PoC. No money changed hands 🤔

I excitedly bought an 8 Ball Dlx having only played it once or twice at a show.

I really wanted to like it and loved the art and sound but it never clicked for me. It had some issues with the guide lanes making the ball bump on to the flippers and a few other bits that could have done with fettling but I never got motivated to fix them and moved it on without adding many more games.

I go into pinball when a new T2 was installed in my local so have no big nostalgia for anything before then, but I do like System 11 games and others of the era.

Maybe I’ll play a better condition one one day and enjoy it more.

Foo Fighters.

My first game, bought it blind based on being a FF fan boy, closest arcade is 100km away. Loved it for the first couple of months approx 400 games, then Godzilla Prem arrived and I realized what a piece of junk FF was! Extremely penalizing for any missed shots, hungry out-lanes even on the easiest setting, upon leaving the house had an average game time of about 90 seconds (all plays not just me). Repetitive modes, basically the same shots in similar order only set to different music and different color inserts. Severely lacking in call outs and light show (back on 0.96 code). Could never get the auto launcher or Kicker to work reliably, flipper power severly lacking, could not make it up right ramp even on clean shots, ended up installing precision pinball flippers. Even with power dialed way down on these, they only made the game even faster and more penalizing.

Also found myself getting sick of the music (only 8 or so songs on early code). Will probably never buy another music pin.

Ended up trading for a lightly used HUO Toy Story 4 + cash. Six months later both me and family still very happy with GZ and TS (and Deadpool that just joined the party a couple of weeks ago)

Back
Top Bottom