What's new

Bit of fun - WHAT IS THE GAME YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND THEN ABSOLUTELY DISLIKED.....?????

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Many years ago I sold a MM to Mark Squires that now is owned by @Dave Bishop

Instead of me taking the cash - I added extra on top and decided to buy his Stern Nascar. At the time it was only a few months old.

This time I think NIB Sterns were £4250 ish. MM went for just over £2K.

Did not really play it much - watched someone else on it and think got mesmerised by the loop on the outside.

After a couple of days I just thought it was a junk game.

So - I will start STERN NASCAR.

I only have modern sterns to choose from but for sure my least favourite was Deadpool. I don’t think it’s a bad game, it just didn’t click with me for some reason. Despite that, there’s something wrong with me because I kinda want one back…just to check 😂

Lord of the Rings.

I found it ugly, deadeningly slow (due to the amount of time the ball spent hovering in the magnet and trickling down the Path of the Dead), with a really unexciting layout. I found the whole game a painful slog akin to hiking up Mount Doom in the chucking rain (*that* was very thematic) and, by the time it left, just hearing the callouts made me grind my teeth with irritation.

Oh yeah, and literally every time I started a game, one of my sons would immediately either ask for a snack or start fighting with his brother. So, it was virtually impossible to finish a decent length game because I’d have to quit/drain to deal with the chaos. I could literally only finish a game if I played between 6 and 6:30pm, and only if someone else was putting the kids to bed.

HOWEVER, my husband loved LoTR and has spent the last year subliminally making me feeling rubbish about selling it (he did agree to the sale at the time, as we bought an AFM to replace it). Mostly by playing every one he sees on location for an unfeasibly long time 😲

As such, I’m currently advertising for a new one…

Bought my worst game was Wheel of Fortune. Hired was Walking Dead which i found ( and every single person that played it here) thought there was actually something wrong with it given the brutal ball drains !

Johnny Mnemonic... used to enjoy playing it on location but got one and couldn't stand it. Stop/start, very repetitive shots and reused music on multiple modes (which i can't stand)

Re Hook... granted it's a simple game, but multiball is da bomb. Very easy to lose balls because of the short playfield and, because of that, a tricky ramp shot to dial in on.

The best bit is the jackpot reward music in Q-
sound.... absolutely brilliant effect. It blew me away when first heard it.

Played it to death on holiday once, The Mermaid pub on Herm Island. That and a Sunset Riders cocktail. Good memories.

Kick Off which is a woodrail game from the 50's (took it to the Blackpool show one year). Awesome to look at and fun to tinker with but I discovered very quickly that I'm not a fan of gobble holes :rofl:

Batman TDK (side note, Mine is the game pictured on IPDB)
A little background. This was the first game I bought NIB, so I bought it blind without even seeing the playfield, let alone play the thing
Got it home, set it up, played my first game and thought 'Ohhh f***, I have just flushed thousands down the toilet'. It was bad out of the box
I upgraded the software to the latest avaliabe. That at leat made the game playable. Still not a great game
It was not until three years later and many software updates that the machine became 'fun'

Of the games I’ve owned, Theatre of Magic is prob the one I grew to dislike the fastest. It’s a shame because it’s easily one of the best looking games ever made and I love the whole magic theme. I’ve been tempted to get another many times just because it’s such a great looking machine but I know I’d regret it. Maybe one day if someone puts out new code or something.

If we’re talking more modern games then it has to be Batman 66. Enjoyed it at first but after a while it just became a case of try to stack bookworm and freeze on ball one and if I fail restart the game which just kinda ruined it for me.

If we’re talking more modern games then it has to be Batman 66. Enjoyed it at first but after a while it just became a case of try to stack bookworm and freeze on ball one and if I fail restart the game which just kinda ruined it for me.
Thankfully, I've not owned either a BM66 or Deadpool. Both are perfect themes for me, but they're the most disappointing games I've played on location.
It's not a Gomez thing either, as I've played Bond (not really a fan just watched Roger Moore ones on TV in the 80s because Jaws was cool) and thought it was awesome.

On the flip side, TWD is a theme I have zero interest in (watched the first season and didn't care for it so never carried on) and I think the pin is superb. Sorry @Gonzo 😬

Maybe I just like fighting with them, as Flash Gordon and TMNT are great too.

Thankfully, I've not owned either a BM66 or Deadpool. Both are perfect themes for me, but they're the most disappointing games I've played on location.

I have a Deadpool Premium. Really didn’t get on with it when it first arrived and almost sold it. Ended up doing a temp trade and when it came back six months later something clicked and now I really enjoy it.

Hated the following from the first balls played. Couldn’t wait to get shot of them.

T3
Munsters
Houdini.

Still not as bad as Transformers . Stuck a pound in on site and was instantly bored. Only game I’ve ever walked away from with credits on it. Absolute turd of a game.

The walking dead and turtles both more frustrating than fun.

Dodged a big bullet not going for a stern transformers another stern blunder.

And family guy for that matter both crap
Someone needs to take a proper crack at Family Guy, it could be brilliant, especially if they go with some of the earlier mid seasons, where the social commentary is at its most shocking and potentially offensive.

Back
Top Bottom