What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of fun - WHAT IS THE GAME YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND THEN ABSOLUTELY DISLIKED.....?????

Dr Dude and Metalica. Both dire chopping wood games where you have to do this shot 4 times and that shot 5 times .... Or in Metallica's case "hit the bash toy 15 times...." zzzzzzzzzzzz

Someone needs to take a proper crack at Family Guy, it could be brilliant, especially if they go with some of the earlier mid seasons, where the social commentary is at its most shocking and potentially offensive.
Totally agree if it was done proper with great shots I’d buy it again

IJ4. Was gutted, loved the Wms IJ but this unfinished code and wood chopping play made me detest stern for ****ing up on such a great theme and never competing the code was a slap to the face. The ark emptying its balls, oh-err missus, was cool but couldn't save this lazy disaster...fùck you Gary Stern

Bally Flash Gordon. Totally unfair/ volatile scoring game to game.

Earthshaker - It's fabulous in lots of ways. BUT you can just shoot the main ramp over and over if you want to maximize your score

Of the few games I've owned, DESW had the shortest stint. Even with the new "Chad code" it's a one-shot game (death star) which quickly got boring. CV was a close second.

Two games.
Wonka - after the first weekend of opening the box I knew it wouldn’t survive long.

Bond pro when it was first released. As much as I wanted it like it the code was a turd and I lost patience so it went. I do have a premium here at the moment though and since the code has developed it’s an excellent game

Ghostbusters…

Spent a couple of years building up to buy one. Was close a few times but lost out on timing, then eventually I found one!

Played it and liked it just enough to keep going… then quickly realised I simply could be bothered playing it. That’s when I knew it wasn’t for me.

Funnily enough I still enjoy it on location. Im more than happy to drop a few quid into one now and then.

Bought and quickly sold TWD, TMNT, StrThings, GOTG, WMS IJ

I either found them boring fan layouts, too hard or in the case of IJ, a brick fest!

Stranger Things for me, enjoyed it for a short while but not much to do outside of the very generic modes and I’d sigh every time the ramp came down and revealed the Demogorgon, such a rubbish hit & hope toy. (UV mode was & still is extremely good though)

Deadpool too, just don’t get the attraction. Clunky shots, really didn’t like the 16 bit graphics. Beautiful looking game but again one I quickly got bored of.

Last edited:
Stranger Things for me, enjoyed it for a short while but not much to do outside of the very generic modes and I’d sigh every time the ramp came down and revealed the Demogorgon, such a rubbish hit & hope toy. (UV mode was & still is extremely good though)

Deadpool too, just don’t get the attraction. Clunky shots, really didn’t like the 16 bit graphics. Beautiful looking game but again one I quickly got bored of.
Whilst I appreciate your opinion on stranger things Andy … you are wrong … that is all 🤣🤣🤣

Yes! I'm not the only one that thinks Deadpool is overrated!

Holly got it for my 40th. It lasted a whole 3 weeks in my house couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I500 for me spent more time pressing the start button then the flippers
God, I hate that game. It comes up in PBR tournaments all the time, and there’s a direct drain down the right outlane if you brick the left ramp shot for multiball. I must have spent half an hour on Saturday switching between I500 and another machine, practicing saving the ball from that flicking right outlane drain. I ended up preemptively nudging as I made the shot, to deflect the ball away from the right outlane.

The inexplicable thing is that, when I took my three year old to PBR, he - of course - LOVED I500. It helps that it makes engine WHOOSH noises everytime you make a shot. He spent about an hour carrying his little stool between that and Corvette :rolleyes:

Funhouse. Lots of people hyped it up with nostalgia and it’s a beautiful looking game but absolute snooze fest rules wise and I just couldn’t get into it. It lasted around 2 months I think before I sold it on.

Plus my mum was utterly creeped out by Rudy she hates dolls so wouldn’t look at it, hah.

Funhouse. Lots of people hyped it up with nostalgia and it’s a beautiful looking game but absolute snooze fest rules wise and I just couldn’t get into it. It lasted around 2 months I think before I sold it on.

Plus my mum was utterly creeped out by Rudy she hates dolls so wouldn’t look at it, hah.
If people are going to say FunHouse I am also going to allow people to vote for

FunHouse 2.0
and
Whirlwind 2.0

Where to start…

Jokerz
Pool sharks
Teed off
Kings of steel
Totan
Ripleys
Playboy 25th

Probably more I’ve forgotten 🤣

I've only bought 6 games ( I think 😆) and none have I disliked, seems odd to buy something you dislike, do people often buy games blind?
Considering how much they are these days I can't imagine spending money on a game I'm likely to dislike.

If we include games that have been in the house, (considering Claire has different tastes ) I still can't think of any I dislike. If I've disliked them a little at first it's usually because they're not playing properly, flippers are rubbish, misaligned, wrong coils etc. a lot can be said for a game feeling rubbish and it just being bad set up.

Except Vector maybe, but I've never owned it.

I've only bought 6 games ( I think 😆) and none have I disliked, seems odd to buy something you dislike, do people often buy games blind?

You know people do :) All the Stern LEs, for example, get sold before the first Pro reaches the UK.

I bought Lord of the Rings without playing it first. It did take me a year to hate it though; it was a slow-playing dislike 🤣

Addams Family. I hated it in the arcades back in the 90's but thought I would like it more in the house. Turns out I still hate it....and forcing myself to play it didn't help.

The two I really didn't enjoy are LOTR and IM. Maybe it's the central shot or simply the theme - don't know. Big mistake is that I didn't play either before purchasing, but used pinside ratings...🙄
Interestingly reading the above comments, especially about DP, RS and FH Games I really enjoy playing.
Just goes to show...be boring if we all liked the same.

God, I hate that game. It comes up in PBR tournaments all the time, and there’s a direct drain down the right outlane if you brick the left ramp shot for multiball. I must have spent half an hour on Saturday switching between I500 and another machine, practicing saving the ball from that flicking right outlane drain. I ended up preemptively nudging as I made the shot, to deflect the ball away from the right outlane.

The inexplicable thing is that, when I took my three year old to PBR, he - of course - LOVED I500. It helps that it makes engine WHOOSH noises everytime you make a shot. He spent about an hour carrying his little stool between that and Corvette :rolleyes:
Every now and again it says “ ****** at the starting grid” or something like that as it’s the name of one of the drivers (American name ) 😉

TMNT pure dog ****..
It will be interesting to see what Borg comes up with after Elwins JAWs, if Jack comes out with another banging layout like Foo Fighters, it will put the cats amongst the pigeons.

Borg and Eddy really need to up their game when it comes to layouts, at least Eddy can fall back to an updated Shadow layout, so he has that in the bag

Judge Dredd. Was really keen to get one having enjoyed it when it first came out and got 1.5B on first ever game and then when had it, just never got on with it. Think mine needed a bit of a refurb as just didn't play well. Sold for about £200 less than paid (£400 vs £600).

Another was Freddys' Nightmares - same story, loved when came out but mine was similarly a bit ropey and could never get a decent game on it.

Back
Top Bottom