What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Bally Vector

I thought it had already sold or Id have taken it😆

Can someone tell me why the hate for vector?

Can't please everyone Dave, there are people on here who don't like Munsters! ...I know...right?

Personally I like Vector.
I've never played a vector so I've no clue 😆

Munsters seems fun😊

I thought it had already sold or Id have taken it😆

Can someone tell me why the hate for vector?
It did sell but then issues with getting it collected so (was briefly) back up again by Mike.

Vector is a very short ball time game and there are areas where you think the designer could have done things differently - but it has a ton of speech, 3 ball multiball, is a nice fast playing game and looks great! 👍

Hate for vector ... where to start ?

I bought one. My third game and first Bally SS.

It was produced in the golden Bally period when the best and most beautiful SS games were made before the cost cutting driven by the early 80s recession ripped features out. It is Fathom and Centaur's brother.

Vector has so much tech in it. More than Centaur or Fathom, I think more than any other Bally SS game. It is beautiful with art perfectly matching the theme and sounds/ speech of the era. It also has the fabulous double backglass with chaser lights between the two panes.

BUT the playfield is too cramped. The nudge saucers waste valuable space on the lower playfield and make the gap between the slingshots too narrow. Centaur has ball save outlane nudging without wasting this valuable space.

It wastes space top right with a stupid 3 locking saucer set up. As a result the mini pf is too small and a bit rubbish. The mini pf does not really drive gameplay- contrast to Black Knight or Fireball 2.

They basically should have built it as a wide body. It has so many features/ 5 saucers ?/ 6 drops/ 4 flippers/ playfield display/ timed loop shot... it is too much to fit in a standard body cabinet.

It was produced in the golden Bally period when the best and most beautiful SS games were made before the cost cutting driven by the early 80s recession ripped features out. It is Fathom and Centaur's brother.

Vector has so much tech in it. More than Centaur or Fathom, I think more than any other Bally SS game. It is beautiful with art perfectly matching the theme and sounds/ speech of the era. It also has the fabulous double backglass with chaser lights between the two panes.

BUT the playfield is too cramped. The nudge saucers waste valuable space on the lower playfield and make the gap between the slingshots too narrow. Centaur has ball save outlane nudging without wasting this valuable space.

It wastes space top right with a stupid 3 locking saucer set up. As a result the mini pf is too small and a bit rubbish. The mini pf does not really drive gameplay- contrast to Black Knight or Fireball 2.

They basically should have built it as a wide body. It has so many features/ 5 saucers ?/ 6 drops/ 4 flippers/ playfield display/ timed loop shot... it is too much to fit in a standard body cabinet.
Thanks for explaining, it makes sense why a lot of people would dislike it. I'm not overly familiar with early Bally games but I'm hoping to get experience of them 😊
I think I may have played a Vector once at flip out years ago but have no memory except a ball getting stuck. 😆

It has so many features/ 5 saucers ?/ 6 drops/ 4 flippers/ playfield display/ timed loop shot... it is too much to fit in a standard body cabinet.

There's a thumper bumper squeezed in also, on the upper playfield. Which I hadn't realised until recently, maybe due to it having a plastic lightshield over it, rather than a distinct cap.

Reactions: DRD

This is the candy coated version.
Mine would be along the lines of a really pi**ed off Gordon Ramsey.

I had 2 of them years ago, almost a bogof when I bought them. Bloody ripped me off for £200😂
I hated it in the end but we all like different things, need to have one to find out!

Vector is a great game, especially learning all aspects of nudging . My best nudge was getting out of my collection 😉

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom