What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Bally Vector

andy

Site Supporter
Vector is a game that polarises opinions but don't listen to the nay-sayers! This is a classic early 80’s Bally at a fraction of the price of the more fancied titles, it’s got a double-level playfield, 3-ball multiball, a ramp shot that times the speed of your ball, a very chatty Squawk and Talk sound board, mirrored double backglasses, four flippers…

I‘m reluctant to sell but space and funds are needed for a new arrival. This example isn’t perfect so please read carefully:

Backglasses: Excellent
Cab: Very good for its age, no major knocks or damage. It’s lost it‘s captive nuts for the backbox so it is currently only held on by a clip on the back - this should really be rectified esp if it will be sited where the back might get knocked. The legs are pretty good.
Electronics: Excellent, it has a replacement Dash-35 cpu with a remote battery holder so has no corrosion. Sound is clear, all 6 displays are good, it all works.
Playfield: Both very good and very bad! The upper playfield is in very good condition. The main playfield has been mylared which covers the main part of the playfield so that’s all very good, but where the mylar hasn’t covered it’s very worn and the paint is flaking - see round the outlanes for the most obvious example of this. What I will say is that having had plenty of old games where the edges of the playfield were ok but the main bit was worn, having good condition in the middle is the much better way round! Plastics are good, there’s a crack in the top left plastic but other that that I think they’re ok.

It plays ok but would benefit from a good clean, target adjustments and so on. The only other thing to say is that the backbox has to come off to get it out of the house so the new owner would have to reattach it and reconnect everything back up. This is much easier to do on an old Bally rather than a WPC for example - but please be aware this will be required.

I’m looking for £850, collection from Bristol, Martin has been here several times.

6784B5EF-FE7F-4824-A9F3-A314EBA9A189.jpeg
1716AA9E-E10C-45BA-8E0D-614E55D3F40A.jpeg
5AB1B8CA-C982-4C19-B36F-454F24ABCB62.jpeg
D792B4DD-6063-4712-A661-2AA88A3E7956.jpeg
528CB9B4-362A-44F4-82BD-1D1EADD55528.jpeg

One of the best looking classic Ballys imho

Yes mate! And despite the bad press it's an awesome game, with a difficult to achieve (but fist pumping when you do) multiball. The outlane saves are great fun, and the squak and talk board is 100 percent 80s radness. Add to that the sexiness of the whole package and what's not to love. Especially when you can grab them for sub 1k.

I was tempted and I've owned one before. Great machine.

She's at flipout now mate, being enjoyed and despised in equal measure!

Yes mate! And despite the bad press it's an awesome game, with a difficult to achieve (but fist pumping when you do) multiball. The outlane saves are great fun, and the squak and talk board is 100 percent 80s radness. Add to that the sexiness of the whole package and what's not to love. Especially when you can grab them for sub 1k.

She's at flipout now mate, being enjoyed and despised in equal measure!

long gone.

I got the game a year ago at a good price from a forum member - so I was happy to put it back on here at what it owed me. :)
Hopefully we won't see it on ebay.

nice to see a 2" flipper up the top and not a 3" standard one as per the manual misprint

I actually managed to spot this minutes after posting.. And was very tempted.. but I resisted. (I'll regret that in due course :) )

For various reasons my end I’ve been unable to get the uplifted from Andy. I’m now going to offer it back to the forum for sale £850. Collection from Andy in Bristol. PM me if you want it.

Back
Top Bottom