What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone into home cinema?

My speakers are mordaunt-short 7.1 running through a yamaha rx-v3800 amp which is a bit dated now but can still deliver a top sound,telly is a pioneer kuro also can't see by it still a cracking picture,my system is a bit dated now but still blows the socks off people when see and hear it even more when you tell them it's about 8 or 9 years old.

Finally made the plunge and moved from my trusty Panasonic Plasma to an LG E6 OLED..........holy ****!!! The picture quality on this thing is amazing!!!

Got it from Richer Sounds at a knocked down price and 6 year guarantee :)

Started getting red snow on my Panasonic Plasma yesterday. Took it to bits and fixed it :) Definitely not something I would have even thought about attempting 18 months ago before I had pinball machines.
20170204_152054.jpg

So yesterday the screen had gone like this:
20170204_145402.jpg

Did a bit of googling and it seemed like a problem on one of the boards, but best case scenario a loose connector at D5 (video cable). Just re-seated that cable at both ends and vacuumed 10 years of dust out of there and its as good as new!:)

IMG_3660.JPG IMG_3661.JPG IMG_3664.JPG IMG_3662.JPG I have been into Home cinema longer than any of my other crazy hobbies , bought the first integrated hitachi tv that had pro logic rear surround and from then I have always loved home cinema .
I still have my old pioneer plasma with its own media box that is on the wall but due to it only hitting 720p it's pretty much used for my sons Wii. The blacks on the pioneer are super deep and even though the Panasonic screens are good there is nothing like the pioneer.
I know have a DLP 3D projector that's been built into a false wall unit by our very own manny of WoodTECH and it's an amazing finish , with remote control curtains to close of the back of the room which is Jrs play area. The screen is a fixed 8FT grandview and the front speakers are bowers and Wilkins CM1's the rear four speakers are keff's huge Sanyo active sub and a monster pioneer amp to kick out the 7.1
Nothing like home cinema my one true enduring love :)

Hahaha yea they are the cm8 s2's don't know why I thought they weee cm1's
I blame man flu for that

I have a spare 122" 2.35 fixed frame screen if anybody is interested.

Frame & material cost me £450 ish.

I built it myself but it's a very professional looking item.

I'll find material type later if anyone is interested. Material was & still is the business, imported it from America just for the job.

Decided to build a 122" 16:9 after that which I have stuck with as I watch more standard telly on the projector than I do films.

Wanted: STTNG

I used to be into home cinema but like many it's had to take a back seat due to divorces and children.

It's on the list to pick up again once we get moved to the new house in the next 12-18 months. I still have happy memories of buying my first DVD player, a Pioneer DV-717 which at the time cost me over £600. That said it was a bit pricey because it had been chipped to play R1 DVD's because it was still possible back in those days to not only get movies earlier from the States but also get them a damn sight cheaper. I used to often pick up loads of films when I was over there on holiday.

Don't buy anywhere near as many movies nowadays but only because i'm constantly watching films on Sky.

Back
Top Bottom