What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy's pearls of wisdom

Anyone know what these things are? Found them screwed to the cabinet floor in my BK2k. Havent seen them in any of my other pins.

i1286.photobucket.com_albums_a610_kevlarx65_BK2K_20140801_124127_zps2mvt4xgv.jpg

Those are cashbox dividers, Kev. For the 2-piece cashbox, which clips together, back & front. A large 'U' shaped bracket and crossbar are used to secure the box, rather than the simple padlock clip used for the more usual slide-on lid type of box.

Last edited:
They are rare, you don't see cashbox dividers anymore.
Bang them on eBay you might get a surprise.

Always wondered what they were,had one in my old Banzai Run and had no idea what it was
Oh the ingenuity knows no bounds:

View attachment 9027

When I bought my G n R 8 years ago someone came up with this fix for the problem of the balls not always launching up to the top of the launch rail.
With this "mod" it can go all the way up,but if it fails in drops down onto the skateboard ramp and onto the playfield.Eventually @mufcmufc found me some plastics in Germany so I was able to put it back to normal after bending habitrail back up and the main playfield stainless guide had too be straightened back.TBH it must have took then quite a while.Shame they never just found the chrome habitrail(mine you I still aint found one)
View attachment 10276

Attachments

• bodge.JPG
    bodge.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 61
It actually looks quite neatly done - for something that really doesnt make sense!!!

What is that extra battery mounted on??!!! :eek:

Oh. It's very professional. The board's been removed, ground to original holder isolated, jumper behind board through hole drilled under new holder. New holder is bolted onto board through drilled holes, positioned just right to avoid any pesky tracks.

Maybe they lived in a cave and didn't think the batteries were replaceable..... or they were welded in due to corrosion.... :D

didn't wanna lose scores and voltage was dropping so added one more to gain extra voltage?

hahaha, that's pretty crazy if that's the reason, but the most plausible thing so far.

Also those batteries are 11 years out of date and not leaking huge trails of green slime over the board, hence proving that your year old leaky duracells were almost definitely fake

Could be the chap thought that thay missed one out ?

Meaning I do not no of any over divices that take only 3 batteries !

If you're tired of pulling off those pesky connectors and want to swap a playfield more easily, just follow this example.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_17_b123a17bdb783ffa2166546ca14fe434.jpg

Simple.

And if you've broken your resistor network in half just turn the two halves round and put the outside ends to the middle.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_17_2572ef7f28ec42f7998be9e94a4cceae.jpg

That ones for the techies.

If you're tired of pulling off those pesky connectors and want to swap a playfield more easily, just follow this example.

Simple.

This is one of the worst pinball crimes you can commit, and I've seen it far too many times now :(

I'm still working through a chopped one at the moment

The spring washer in a flipper coil is a nice to have but flippers work equally well without one. However if you really must cut down the hum and don't have a spring washer to hand, you can simply fashion one from handy kitchen supplies.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_19_097ce969cbb17f14b8f1b12834b34600.jpg

shame Sterns need an anti hum thing in the first place tho

My LOTR was a mare-mega loud.After umpteen tries only solution turned out to be using some ballly/wms flipper bits instead,now just a normal stern hum-now just background noise as opposed to the wtf is that noise sound it had

Correct. Badly installed replacement bridge. Previous engineer had missed the real problem and unnecessarily replaced it (badly).
Rtapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_14_3295d0ff42b42bf9031fafa3dde54a36.jpg

Yay! I got one right! Who'd have thought it? :eek:

Pushed too far through the board prior to soldering I guess. Sounds like something I would do!:p

Back
Top Bottom